Windows 10: A new local account appeared on windows ten.

Discus and support A new local account appeared on windows ten. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I just noticed for the first time that a local account called "Robin Hood" appeared among my accounts on windows 10. When I tried to delete... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PF83365, Jan 15, 2021.

1. PF83365 Win User

A new local account appeared on windows ten.

Hello,

I just noticed for the first time that a local account called "Robin Hood" appeared among my accounts on windows 10. When I tried to delete it, I was told the user would have to log out. I then restarted the PC and deleted the account, but a few minutes later, in the same session, it had been created again.

I don't know why this is happening or how to fix it. Could someone help?

:)

PF83365, Jan 15, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 15, 2021
  3. New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jan 15, 2021
  4. A new local account appeared on windows ten.

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. A new local account appeared on windows ten. :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

A new local account appeared on windows ten.

1. A new local account appeared on windows ten. - Similar Threads - local account appeared

2. A new local account started appearing on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A new local account started appearing on my laptop: I'm running windows 10 version 22H2 build 19045.2913I noticed today that a local account has started appearing on the laptop. After deleting the account and restarting the laptop it reappeared. The account name is "Victoria" and it does not have a password attached to it....
  3. A new local account started appearing on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A new local account started appearing on my laptop: I'm running windows 10 version 22H2 build 19045.2913I noticed today that a local account has started appearing on the laptop. After deleting the account and restarting the laptop it reappeared. The account name is "Victoria" and it does not have a password attached to it....
  4. A new local account started appearing on my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Google / Windows Ten Accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google / Windows Ten Accounts: [ATTACH] Hi, In the process of adding all my accounts, trying to add my G account to cal it seems to add the account however no events sync up. Has anyone else had this issue and know what I could do?...
  6. installing windows ten to new drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing windows ten to new drive: Got into the loop trying to repair win10. formatted my c drive now can't start the reloading from CD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-ten-to-new-drive/9caef956-1653-46df-bb2e-1ec888e4df20
  7. Creating a Local account on a new computer?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating a Local account on a new computer?: I do a lot of new computer set ups for people. So i'm normally unboxing and setting up new Dell's and HP's. I remember before on the initial setup, when Microsoft would ask for an email address, there was a Make Local account button on the bottom left.. but on the past 2-3...
  8. New Local User Not Appearing on Logon Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Local User Not Appearing on Logon Screen: I am having an issue with trying to add new local users in windows 10. I went into accounts/other people and add someone else to this pc and created a new local administrator. However when i log out or attempt to switch user no others appear in the bottom left apart from a...
  9. Local Account Administrator appears as Standard

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Account Administrator appears as Standard: Hi there, Maybe this is totally normal, but I'm not quite sure why it works this way. In the Win10 panel, the account shows as administrator, in the old control panel it looks different: [img] Basically, my account which is the administrator appears as a standard...
  10. Local Account user appears and will not delete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Account user appears and will not delete: I received an email from Eset security that a 'phantom' account was created and when I logged on my computer I see an account user named JQ was created and I have deleted it several times and it keeps coming back. Can you please assist as I am afraid my computer is under...