Windows 10: A new look for Google Translate on the web

Discus and support A new look for Google Translate on the web in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It’s been twelve years since the launch of Google Translate, and since then Translate has evolved to keep up with the ways people use it. Initially... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

A new look for Google Translate on the web

Source: A new look for Google Translate on the web

:)

Brink, Nov 29, 2018

2. WIn 10 and IE 11 Google translate reports translating site but nothing happens.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to add the Google translate website in compatibility mode and check if it helps:

Follow the steps:

• Open internet explorer.
    • Click on ALT key in key board.
    • Click on tools tab
    • Select compatibility view settings
    • Add the website
    • Click ok.
    Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Divya Murugan, Nov 29, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Google introduces Neural Machine Translation to Google Translate

"Language is a beautiful thing. Yet, for some, there are large barriers to speaking with natives in other countries. Google Translate has made some strides in overcoming those obstacles in recent years and has always been useful to me as I learn other languages. It's because it is more than just a simple dictionary. So the news announced today that Translate is becoming more powerful and useful with what Google calls Neural Machine Translation is exciting.

Usually, translated sentences are not always perfect, but they get close enough to be understandable for the native speaker. The reason for the weirdness is that Translate would look at pieces of the sentences, instead of the whole statement, and go from there. When we speak to each other, context is extremely important. With this new technique from Google, the Neural system will analyze the entire sentence to find the broader context so as to provide the best and most relevant translation. From here, it adapts to sound more like a person speaking with proper grammar.

Eight languages are supported right now: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Turkish. The plan is to implement all remaining forms of communication that you can find in Translate.
    "

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/1...ural-machine-translation-to-google-translate/

P4-630, Nov 29, 2018
  4. A new look for Google Translate on the web

Google translate in Internet Explorer 11

Hi Svein,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are in a frustrating situation, because I.E. 11 cannot open Google translator webpage.

I'd certainly help you, to resolve the issue.

For a better clarity of your issue, please answer these queries, mentioned below:

• Is this issue occurs on other browsers?

• Is this issue occurs specific with Google translate webpage?

• Do you receive any error code or error message?

I would suggest you to follow these methods, mentioned below, to fix your issue:

Method 1:

Let's try to open Google translator webpage, by running Internet Explorer as an Administrator.

To start Internet Explorer as an Administrator, follow these steps:

a) Close all Internet Explorer windows.

b) Type Internet Explorer on the search bar, then right-click Internet Explorer tab and select Run as Administrator option.

c) Browse Google translator webpage, while running the Internet Explorer as the Administrator.

If the issue persists, try the next method.

Method 2:

Try to open Google translator webpage, after disabling Protected Mode.

Try to open Google translator webpage, after disabling Protected Mode, to do this, follow these steps:

a) Click the Tools icon in Internet Explorer browser.

b) Click the Security tab and uncheck the checkbox beside Enable Protected Mode (requires restarting Internet Explorer)

c) Click Apply, and then click OK.

d) Close all open Internet Explorer windows, and then, restart Internet Explorer browser.

e) Browse Google translator webpage, while running the Internet Explorer as the Administrator.

If the issue persists, try next method.

Method 3:

Set IE as default browser.

Follow these steps, mentioned below to set IE as default browser.

a. Type Default Programs on the search bar.

b. Click on Default Programs in the search results.

c. Click on Set your Default Programs.

d. Choose Internet Explorer from the list.

e. Select Set this program as default, and then, click OK.

Let's refer to the Microsoft article link, mentioned below, to choose the apps as default on Windows 10.

Choose the apps Windows uses by default.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/choose-programs-windows-uses-default

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

A new look for Google Translate on the web

1. A new look for Google Translate on the web - Similar Threads - Google Translate web

2. my microsoft edge can't Look at the web pag,but google chrome can Look at the web page .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my microsoft edge can't Look at the web pag,but google chrome can Look at the web page .: my microsoft edge can't Look at the web pag,but google chrome can Look at the web page .edge say "You're not connected It looks like there's something wrong with the proxy serveror the address is incorrect."...
  3. my microsoft edge can't Look at the web pag,but google chrome can Look at the web page .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my microsoft edge can't Look at the web pag,but google chrome can Look at the web page .: my microsoft edge can't Look at the web pag,but google chrome can Look at the web page .edge say "You're not connected It looks like there's something wrong with the proxy serveror the address is incorrect."...
  4. Google API subtitle translator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google API subtitle translator: Hi folks anybody tried this yet ---- Machine translations seem to be getting better as the A.I improves -- probably a lot easier to do a machine rough translate and then fix manually than try the whole thing. The only problem seems to be that it's an "online" translate--...
  5. Google Translate adds five languages

in Windows 10 News
    Google Translate adds five languages: Millions of people around the world use Google Translate, whether in a verbal conversation, or while navigating a menu or reading a webpage online. Translate learns from existing translations, which are most often found on the web. Languages without a lot of web content have...
  6. Google Translate improves offline translation on Android and iOS

in Windows 10 News
    Google Translate improves offline translation on Android and iOS: When you’re traveling somewhere without access to the internet or don’t want to use your data plan, you can still use the Google Translate app on Android and iOS when your phone is offline. Offline translation is getting better: now, in 59 languages, offline translation is 12...
  7. Google Translate instant camera translation gets an upgrade

in Windows 10 News
    Google Translate instant camera translation gets an upgrade: Google Translate allows you to explore unfamiliar lands, communicate in different languages, and make connections that would be otherwise impossible. One of my favorite features on the Google Translate mobile app is instant camera translation, which allows you to see the...
  8. A new look for Google Search

in Windows 10 News
    A new look for Google Search: Our goal with Search always has been to help people quickly and easily find the information that they’re looking for. Over the years, the amount and format of information available on the web has changed drastically—from the proliferation of images and video, to the...
  9. Google Translate now provides gender specific translations

in Windows 10 News
    Google Translate now provides gender specific translations: Over the course of this year, there’s been an effort across Google to promote fairness and reduce bias in machine learning. Our latest development in this effort addresses gender bias by providing feminine and masculine translations for some gender-neutral words on the Google...
  10. New UI updates for Google Drive on the web

in Windows 10 News
    New UI updates for Google Drive on the web: We’re making some updates to the look and feel of Google Drive on the web. There’s no change in functionality, but some icons and buttons have moved, and there’s a range of visual tweaks to align with Google’s latest material design principles. We built that this new...