Windows 10: A new 'Member' appeared in my 'Microsoft Family'.

Discus and support A new 'Member' appeared in my 'Microsoft Family'. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Recently, I noticed a new obviously malware-driven "Family Member" added to my account, as a 12-year old child, named 'Jesus Christ" and with an... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by cpu-tech, Apr 14, 2020.

1. cpu-tech Win User

A new 'Member' appeared in my 'Microsoft Family'.

Recently, I noticed a new obviously malware-driven "Family Member" added to my account, as a 12-year old child, named 'Jesus Christ" and with an invalid email domain *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I cannot remove this 'child' family member. The problem is not a local PC problem, as I can move to another location. log in and see the same family configuration.

:)

cpu-tech, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Add member to your Microsoft family in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add a family member to your Microsoft account, I suggest you to follow the steps from

Add members to your Microsoft family.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 14, 2020
  3. gamoses Win User
    broken "family member needs to sign in"

Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work.

But the "how to fix this" says

• Select Accounts > Family & other people
    • Under Your family, select your family member, then select Allow
    • Have your family member sign in with their Microsoft account if asked to
    And the steps don't apply. The account is already allowed, and there is no option to change that.

Now what???

gamoses, Apr 14, 2020
  4. A new 'Member' appeared in my 'Microsoft Family'.

Unable to add another family member on the system

Hi Mel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What happens when you try to add a family member on your system?
    • Do you receive any error message or code?
    • Are you logged in with administrator account?
    I suggest you to follow the steps on how to add another family member on your PC and check if it helps:

Set up family features

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

A new 'Member' appeared in my 'Microsoft Family'.

1. A new 'Member' appeared in my 'Microsoft Family'. - Similar Threads - 'Member' appeared 'Microsoft

2. Family Member

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Member: I created an email for my son under my account when he was born. Now that he's 9 and started using laptop I wanted for him to login to windows using his account. The problem is that his email is linked as a secondary email in my account so it doesn't let me add as a family...
  3. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family: I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account. Currently we are not able to unify/consolidate all four accounts 2 adults + 2 kids to one Microsoft family.I tried to invvite my...
  4. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family: I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account. Currently we are not able to unify/consolidate all four accounts 2 adults + 2 kids to one Microsoft family.I tried to invvite my...
  5. Removing Family Members from Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Family Members from Microsoft family: I need help removing family members from my microsoft family. When I try to remove an account I get this error: You can't remove XXXXX from the family group.Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent...
  6. Removing Family Members from Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Family Members from Microsoft family: I need help removing family members from my microsoft family. When I try to remove an account I get this error: You can't remove XXXXX from the family group.Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent...
  7. Microsoft Rewards Family Members

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Rewards Family Members: I noticed you can share points between family members. Is there a limit how many family members? I have several family members that want to share their points with me but fear that Microsoft will think it's suspicious or something just because there is a few members sending...
  8. Family members

Family members: I have added my wife as a family member and have received a notification that she has been added as a child. How can I correct it to an adult? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-members/88401424-5bce-403a-a5fe-c2dd9ac07f52
  9. Add members to Microsoft Family

Add members to Microsoft Family: Good Day, I need help, I just wanna ask if how ca I have a microsoft Family member? * Moved from Community Participation Center ***Modified title from: Microsoft Family***...
  10. Unable to add a family member in microsoft family

Unable to add a family member in microsoft family: I am logged in with the admin account and trying to add a family member but in the family and other users option it is saying "We couldn't connect to microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date".. Pleaase help me with this!...