Windows 10: a new question about win 10

Discus and support a new question about win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Dell laptop that I have doesn't have a LED that blinks when the internal HD is working. So I found a small program that sites on the desktop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reble, Jun 17, 2019.

1. reble Win User

a new question about win 10

The Dell laptop that I have doesn't have a LED that blinks when the internal HD is working. So I found a small program that sites on the desktop and runs in the background and blinks when the HD is working. But the prog didn't come with an installer. I have a copy of the prog saved on my D hard drive in the external USB case.
    I wanted to make a directory in the programs files dir. But I am locked out from manually making any dir's in the "prog file" dir or the "prog file(86)" dir. I am the only one that uses laptop. In the user accounts in control panel I am listed as admin. I tried to enable "super admin" via the cmd in the DOS window "net user administrator /active:yes" I have used that cmd in Win 7 to enable the "super admin". It works in Win 7 but not in Win 10 Home 64bit. Now the cmd "net user" by it self works and I brought up a list of logged in users. This is strange. The cmd "net user" lists me as a "guest" and lists "aspnet" as admin. See the screen capture bellow. How is this possible?

Steve

https://www.tenforums.com/images/attach/jpg.gif

:)

reble, Jun 17, 2019

2. Question about temperatures

Actually, I think that you should go with the Darknova's suggestion and try buying a new case first... it seems to be the most logical step to take before spending cash on new coolers *Smile a new question about win 10 :)

anticlutch, Jun 17, 2019
  3. Shuyin03 Win User
    New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Jun 17, 2019
  4. a new question about win 10

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

a new question about win 10

1. a new question about win 10 - Similar Threads - question

2. How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?: How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?Microsoft Support Community You have a reply to a question...
  3. How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?: How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?Microsoft Support Community You have a reply to a question...
  4. How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A serious question about conducts and proper practices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A serious question about conducts and proper practices: Ok, this is gonna be a pretty wild thread but clearly some companies are even wilder, and I'm gonna copy and paste it as your employees/bots will instantly close any thread that is in any way related to misconduct or corruption in this company, Microsoft conveniently doesn't...
  6. A serious question about conducts and proper practices

A serious question about conducts and proper practices: Ok, this is gonna be a pretty wild thread but clearly some companies are even wilder, and I'm gonna copy and paste it as your employees/bots will instantly close any thread that is in any way related to misconduct or corruption in this company, Microsoft conveniently doesn't...
  7. Storage question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage question: Hey I'm Joey, I have an BR1100FKA Asus Computer and I don't too many apps downloaded but somehow I basically have all of my storage used up somehow! I can't figure it out why is my storage almost all used up, I don't have hardly any photos downloaded, or music files, or even...
  8. Storage question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage question: Hey I'm Joey, I have an BR1100FKA Asus Computer and I don't too many apps downloaded but somehow I basically have all of my storage used up somehow! I can't figure it out why is my storage almost all used up, I don't have hardly any photos downloaded, or music files, or even...
  9. Storage question

10. My question is whether wings nuvobook s2 ram is updatable or not

My question is whether wings nuvobook s2 ram is updatable or not: I brought new wings nuvobook s2 laptop I have doubt regarding the laptop ram is 8gb in the future it needs to be whether is it possible in wings laptop or not...