Windows 10: a new service called cdpuserservice. This new service has been giving me all kind of error messages

Discus and support a new service called cdpuserservice. This new service has been giving me all kind of error messages in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After updating on 11/9/2016 I noticed a new service called cdpuserservice. This new service has been giving me all kind of error messages. I disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by insaneo, Nov 9, 2016.

1. insaneo Win User

a new service called cdpuserservice. This new service has been giving me all kind of error messages

After updating on 11/9/2016 I noticed a new service called cdpuserservice. This new service has been giving me all kind of error messages. I disabled it. Apparently it reset my screen saver. I reset it to what it was and the screen saver does work, but now the monitor won't cut off after so many minutes. Also there is no power plan. This is ok with me because I'm using a desktop. I would like however for my display to turn off after so many minutes. Microsoft thinks that the desktop is a laptop. Even if you have another desktop with an adapter card, it still thinks it's a laptop. That's the problem with a hybrid os. Now microsoft's os is almost like linux! A tinker toy of an operating system. You spend all day just trying to get it back to what it was! Very frustrating. Any thoughts?

:)

insaneo, Nov 9, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Nov 9, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Nov 9, 2016
  4. nt62 Win User

a new service called cdpuserservice. This new service has been giving me all kind of error messages

My remarks / thoughts are just suggestive.
    What do you mean by "reset" ?
    Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Can you image your system?
    Are you fixed to stay with 10 home?

Windows 10 Enterprise | TechNet Evaluation Center

Are you actually using a 32bit OS and a Gateway laptop?

Disagree with Windows 10 build 14393 as problematic.
    It is IMHO, quite stable.

Seems like many are getting into trouble with updating.

I wonder how many violate the directive by Microsoft to NOT turn off
    the computer while updates are happening.

Unless technically talented - knowledgeable and experienced,
    IMHO, it is better to use a device built for the operating system being used.

nt62, Nov 9, 2016
  5. insaneo Win User
    I have reinstalled an image from an earlier time. Microsoft installed this service. If you disable this service then the power options won't work! It's now downloading the latest cumulative update. We'll see what happens, but I'm not holding my breath.

insaneo, Nov 9, 2016
  6. insaneo Win User
    Update: Noticed that by disabling the service that now I have no power options page. This is why the monitor won't shut down after 15 min timeout. Enabling everything connected to cdp service corrected everything, although I still receive error codes via services.msc. Have windows 10 pro 64 bit OS. And no I don't turn off while downloading and installing updates. It's a desktop which I turn off and is connected through a modem and router.

insaneo, Nov 9, 2016
  7. nt62 Win User
    about the "turn off" wasn't directed personally ...
    it was a statement referring that most issues seem to be related to updates.

You have 10 pro 64 bit - Great ! what build ?

Consider the download tool > Windows 10
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________

And the Anniversary >

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...update-history

Updates can be controversial IMO,
    the update process can take control of a system.
    Microsoft is sending out too many updates.

One can ask - is an update necessary?

There are 2 power option pages? Do you have any?

a new service called cdpuserservice. This new service has been giving me all kind of error messages [​IMG]

nt62, Nov 9, 2016
  8. a new service called cdpuserservice. This new service has been giving me all kind of error messages

What are the error messages? Disabling that service appears to be a bad idea? Might be wise to try and fix the errors? And what prompted the "thinks its a laptop" comment? Specifics might help?

alphanumeric, Nov 9, 2016
  9. insaneo Win User
    I have version 1607 and build 14393.447. After I reenabled some registry stuff purtaining to the cdp service the power options reappeared. I turned off the computer thereafter. I'm going to check to see if the monitor will cut off. There needs to be a way to control updates. I have a desktop and don't need all the extra baggage. Seems I'm spending more time getting it back to where I want it. I don't play games, don't use one drive or all the other thingy's microsoft puts out for tablets, laptops and all the other devices. Fixing to step away from the computer now.

insaneo, Nov 10, 2016
  10. insaneo Win User
    At the moment no power options page has x on it and says windows can't view.

insaneo, Nov 10, 2016
  11. insaneo Win User
    In services it says: 2ed27 but has also been 145697,2f54c and 2e1fe. Failed to read discription code 15100. Can't really find any worthwhile information on the web about this. I would again disable it if I could get my monitor to shut down in a specified time like it used to. Apparently it has to go through power options to work!

insaneo, Nov 10, 2016
  12. insaneo Win User
    An update to this post. The monitor shuts down like it used to, but still have error in services. Service in running and on automatic. Can't change this to manual though. Go figure

insaneo, Nov 10, 2016
  13. nt62 Win User

If you are using the Gateway NV53, the device has some issues.
    Suggest typing in gateway nv53 laptop into a search bar.

a new service called cdpuserservice. This new service has been giving me all kind of error messages [​IMG]

14. nt62 Win User
    Updates can be totally blocked. No updates - No notifications.
    Suggest registering to use 10 LTSB -
    No Cortana - No OneDrive - No Edge - No Store - No Apps at all

15. insaneo Win User
    But what about security updates, defender updates?

insaneo, Nov 10, 2016
Thema:

1. a new service called cdpuserservice. This new service has been giving me all kind of error messages - Similar Threads - service called cdpuserservice

2. Microsoft service calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft service calls: I have had two calls claiming to be Microsoft, they used Ultraview soft to access my computor, they proved that they had my computor ID number, they showed me my event viewer claiming all the events have hidden virus, then proceed to show that I have expired certificates, for...
  3. Microsoft service calls

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft service calls: I have had two calls claiming to be Microsoft, they used Ultraview soft to access my computor, they proved that they had my computor ID number, they showed me my event viewer claiming all the events have hidden virus, then proceed to show that I have expired certificates, for...
  4. iphlpsvc service error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    iphlpsvc service error message: I received this error message in event viewer. What does it mean?The iphlpsvc service depends on the WinHttpAutoProxySvc service which failed to start because of the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled...
  5. A service that has been giving me errors everyday for a while now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A service that has been giving me errors everyday for a while now: I tried everything before I came here so here we are and professional IT dudes aren't much of help considering they don't even read the emails but only read the title and give half baked awnsers about HAvE yOu trIEd uDatInG yoUR DriVeRs, anyway so there's this service on my...
  6. Microsoft call me back services

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft call me back services: Microsoft call me back services for activate windows is it free or charges? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-call-me-back-services/0d6b9698-8a86-4b2c-8657-6433811c6e70"
  7. My new computer is giving me a error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My new computer is giving me a error: Its saying 0xc000000e error and a device is not put in what do i do! it wont even turn all the way on please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-computer-is-giving-me-a-error/d25849b9-3a0d-4f46-831d-2156acaac84a
  8. Device Has Been Serviced Events

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Device Has Been Serviced Events: I get 40+ of these information events in the event viewer on most days. They are for lots of different devices. "ENVY" in the message below is this PC. The events are from the Device Setup Manager with event id 112. Device 'ENVY' ({00000000-0000-0000-ffff-ffffffffffff})...
  9. New Services

in Windows 10 Support
    New Services: Ran across this list (attached) while I was researching an event log error..... Source: Windows 10 Testers Topic - Page 21 - Operating Systems and Software - Linus Tech Tips The last one on the list, UsoSvc - Update Orchestrator Service: UsoSvc, is set to manual but...
  10. New services

in Windows 10 Support
    New services: Any idea, what do new services do, besides the usual nothing saying description? *sarc CoreMessaging Manages communication between system components. dmwappushsvc Requests wap push msgs from cellcore and calls PushRouter_SubmitPush. 2031