Windows 10: a new video file has appeared on my desktop

Discus and support a new video file has appeared on my desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried to delete it and it comes back. There is nothing in the file, but, it keeps on showing up. I've put it into the recycle bin and it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by efkorman, Mar 26, 2022.

1. efkorman Win User

a new video file has appeared on my desktop

I've tried to delete it and it comes back. There is nothing in the file, but, it keeps on showing up. I've put it into the recycle bin and it doesn't go away.I don't do videos and so it is a nothing file that stays..Any suggestions or comments--would be greatly appreciated, Have no malware or viruses.Thank you, efkorman716

:)

efkorman, Mar 26, 2022
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 26, 2022
  3. Windows 10 - Icons appear on Desktop but not Desktop Folder

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that desktop icon shortcuts does not appear in the Desktop folder in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the above information was helpful. if you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 26, 2022
  4. a new video file has appeared on my desktop

MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 26, 2022
Thema:

a new video file has appeared on my desktop

1. a new video file has appeared on my desktop - Similar Threads - video file has

2. A [.ShellClassInfo] file has appeared on my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A [.ShellClassInfo] file has appeared on my desktop: [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 has appeared as a file, I am not sure how this got on my desktop display, is it malware?...
  3. A [.ShellClassInfo] file has appeared on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A [.ShellClassInfo] file has appeared on my desktop: [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 has appeared as a file, I am not sure how this got on my desktop display, is it malware?...
  4. A [.ShellClassInfo] file has appeared on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Video file keeps on appearing on desktop and nothing is in it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video file keeps on appearing on desktop and nothing is in it: I noticed this maybe a month ago that I have a file on my desktop that suddenly appeared. I've deleted it several times and it just reappears. There is nothing in the file, I've attempted to delete the video folder and it just keeps on coming back. Very odd thing. I've...
  6. Video file keeps on appearing on desktop and nothing is in it

Video file keeps on appearing on desktop and nothing is in it: I noticed this maybe a month ago that I have a file on my desktop that suddenly appeared. I've deleted it several times and it just reappears. There is nothing in the file, I've attempted to delete the video folder and it just keeps on coming back. Very odd thing. I've...
  7. Video file keeps on appearing on desktop and nothing is in it

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. a new video file has appeared on my desktop

a new video file has appeared on my desktop: I've tried to delete it and it comes back. There is nothing in the file, but, it keeps on showing up. I've put it into the recycle bin and it doesn't go away.I don't do videos and so it is a nothing file that stays..Any suggestions or comments--would be greatly appreciated,...
  9. a new video file has appeared on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a new video file has appeared on my desktop: I've tried to delete it and it comes back. There is nothing in the file, but, it keeps on showing up. I've put it into the recycle bin and it doesn't go away.I don't do videos and so it is a nothing file that stays..Any suggestions or comments--would be greatly appreciated,...
  10. Fonts shortcut has appeared on my desktop...

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts shortcut has appeared on my desktop...: ...and I dont know why. Recently I bought a Canon scanner and installed the software but I didnt notice this shortcut then. I have also deleted Skydrive as Windows quite recently created a Onedrive folder with a copy of all the contents of skydrive in it so I deleted that....