Windows 10: A new Windows 10 bug makes the shutdown process slower

Discus and support A new Windows 10 bug makes the shutdown process slower in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has acknowledged a new bug in Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1803) that makes the shutdown process significantly slower. Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 25, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

A new Windows 10 bug makes the shutdown process slower

Microsoft has acknowledged a new bug in Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1803) that makes the shutdown process significantly slower. Windows 10 shutdown issues are experienced when a USB Type-C controller is implemented in Windows 10 and unplugging the USB device before shutdown addresses the problem.

In a recently-published support document, Microsoft explains that Windows 10 October 2018 Update devices may take longer than usual to shutdown USB Type-C device is plugged or unplugged during the process.

The bug affects all modern mid and high-end Windows 10 devices with USB Type-C port. According to the software giant, Windows 10 may take more than 60 seconds to shutdown the device. It happens only when the USB Type-C Connector System Software Interface (UCSI) is busy handling a USB Type-C device.

“A bug in the USB Type-C Connector System Software Interface (UCSI) software implementation in Windows 10, version 1809 can cause a 60 second delay in the system sleep or shutdown process if the power-down happens while the UCSI software is busy handling a new connect or disconnect event on a USB Type-C port,” Microsoft explains.

Microsoft says USB Type-C on your device will continue to function properly when you turn on the PC next time.

It’s important to note that Microsoft hasn’t revealed when it plans to roll out an update to fix this glitch.

The post A new Windows 10 bug makes the shutdown process slower appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 25, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 25, 2019
  4. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. A new Windows 10 bug makes the shutdown process slower - Similar Threads - bug makes shutdown

2. Successful shutdown process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Successful shutdown process: Is it safe to close my lid before seeing the shutdown screen complete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/successful-shutdown-process/811b5c71-196f-47bb-9a0d-9864dfd1b6c2
  3. Successful shutdown process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Successful shutdown process: Is it safe to close my lid before seeing the shutdown screen complete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/successful-shutdown-process/811b5c71-196f-47bb-9a0d-9864dfd1b6c2
  4. Windows 11 Shutdown Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Shutdown Bug: Ever since I've installed Windows 11, my PC has been shutting down randomly when gaming. I know for a fact it has nothing to do with my computer specs as I've never had this issue before and I've run tests to make sure temperatures are good. I don't know if this is a Windows...
  5. Windows 11 Shutdown Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Shutdown Bug: Ever since I've installed Windows 11, my PC has been shutting down randomly when gaming. I know for a fact it has nothing to do with my computer specs as I've never had this issue before and I've run tests to make sure temperatures are good. I don't know if this is a Windows...
  6. Latest 20H2 update makes shutdown / restart much slower than it should be

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest 20H2 update makes shutdown / restart much slower than it should be: Hey there! Today I was casually gaming when I decided to take a break and clean some junk files and update my PC, like a do regularly. So, I opened settings and downloaded the update (pretty sure it was the cumulative update for 20H2?), and restarted my PC. Then, I cleaned up...
  7. Shutdown from the start menu is slower

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown from the start menu is slower: Recently there was an update which now forces the power button in the start menu to create an animation before allowing you to choose between "Sleep", "Shutdown", "Restart". This slows down the shutdown process by a second - not much but very annoying. Before it was:...
  8. Slow Shutdown Process

Slow Shutdown Process: hello i recently upgraded to a new motherboard and CPU alongside with new memory. motherboard im currently using right now is Asrock B450m Pro4. ps. its a new clean install of windows october update 1809. the problem here is, when i click Shutdown button in windows, like...
  9. Slow Shutdown Process

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow Shutdown Process: hello i recently upgraded to a new motherboard and CPU alongside with new memory. motherboard im currently using right now is Asrock B450m Pro4. ps. its a new clean install of windows october update 1809. the problem here is, when i click Shutdown button in windows, like...
  10. Background image processing performance in Windows 10 becoming slower

Background image processing performance in Windows 10 becoming slower: The latest Windows 10 once again performs background image updates slower than the previous update! In workstations with two monitors both screen go now black and stay black so long that it badly disturbs working. 54512