Windows 10: A NEW Windows version, 22H2, and the SAME OLD drop shadows problem which has now been with...

Discus and support A NEW Windows version, 22H2, and the SAME OLD drop shadows problem which has now been with... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Here we go again.I used the advanced system setting to remove drop shadows from the desktop font, unchecking "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stephen_C, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Stephen_C Win User

A NEW Windows version, 22H2, and the SAME OLD drop shadows problem which has now been with...

Here we go again.I used the advanced system setting to remove drop shadows from the desktop font, unchecking "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop", using the Solid Background option, and tried so many other workarounds including the registry workaround offered by people in these forums for years. But like SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE, the drop shadows return after doing a WIN+TAB or when snapping any window to half the screen. They will disappear again if I restart Explorer from Task Manager but come right back in the instances above. Restarting Explorer every time is NOT an acce

:)

Stephen_C, Oct 6, 2022

2. Drop Shadow color/tint problem in Win 10

I recently bought a new Dell all-in-one desktop with Windows 10 and I've noticed that the tint on the drop shadows are this weird coloring now. I do digital scrapbooking and tag making. I use scrap kits and tubes for these. Now when I see a kit element with a drop shadow to it, or if I try to make my own drop shadow, they all have this weird washed out black with a yellowish tint to them. No matter how dark black I go, it's still not like the old drop shadow I'm used to. I've just come from the very old Vista and had no problems. Everything I see now with any sort of drop shadow has this tint. The black is anemic look with the anemic yellow tinting. Is this a Windows problem or my desktop itself?

djeanniejean, Oct 6, 2022
  3. Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query In Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

The drop shadows on applications in the Windows 10 really big and suspiciously similar to the ones in OS X, and if they aren’t your speed, you can easily remove them. We actually think they look good, but since somebody out there won’t like them, here is
    how to disable them.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to Disable drop shadows.

• Alternatively you can use the Start Menu and search for “advanced system settings” and click on that item.
    • Go to the advanced tab and click the Settings
      button under Performance.
    • Find and uncheck “Show shadows under windows” and click
      Apply or OK
    • The drop shadows will immediately be removed.
    • As soon as you do, all drop shadow effects will be disabled, giving you a truly flat user interface.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 6, 2022
  4. JeffOien Win User

A NEW Windows version, 22H2, and the SAME OLD drop shadows problem which has now been with...

Drop shadows for mouse and windows have disappears

Original Title: Drop Shadow Is Gone

Hi,

Drop shadows for mouse and windows have disappears. I also have aliasing (jagged edges) on mouse pointers that are supposed to be smooth, and are on my windows 7 system. I've updated the graphics drivers, gone into the longer list (can't remember where)
    where is has check boxes for mouse and window shadows, gone back to default theme, everything I could try. Is there anything else?

Dell 5000 series Windows 10 Home

JeffOien, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

1. A NEW Windows version, 22H2, and the SAME OLD drop shadows problem which has now been with... - Similar Threads - version 22H2 SAME

2. Drop shadows reappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop shadows reappearing: Hi,I prefer to have no drop shadows on my icons they make me dizzy but after a recent update the drop shadows reappeared. I checked my settings and the selection was unchecked. I tried a reboot to be sure but the dropshadows remain. Please help....
  3. Drop shadows reappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop shadows reappearing: Hi,I prefer to have no drop shadows on my icons they make me dizzy but after a recent update the drop shadows reappeared. I checked my settings and the selection was unchecked. I tried a reboot to be sure but the dropshadows remain. Please help....
  4. Issues with Windows 11 and KB5031354. My computer now has Drop Shadows on DeskTop Icons....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Windows 11 and KB5031354. My computer now has Drop Shadows on DeskTop Icons....: Team : The Recent Update.Windows 11 Version 22H2 x64 -based systems KB5031354.I Un Installed the Update. Then When I ReStarted teh Computer, within 1 hour the Update Windows 11 Version 22H2 x64 -based systems KB5031354 installs again. Drop Shadows return.Microsoft, STOP...
  5. Issues with Windows 11 and KB5031354. My computer now has Drop Shadows on DeskTop Icons....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows 11 and KB5031354. My computer now has Drop Shadows on DeskTop Icons....: Team : The Recent Update.Windows 11 Version 22H2 x64 -based systems KB5031354.I Un Installed the Update. Then When I ReStarted teh Computer, within 1 hour the Update Windows 11 Version 22H2 x64 -based systems KB5031354 installs again. Drop Shadows return.Microsoft, STOP...
  6. A NEW Windows version, 22H2, and the SAME OLD drop shadows problem which has now been with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A NEW Windows version, 22H2, and the SAME OLD drop shadows problem which has now been with...: Here we go again.I used the advanced system setting to remove drop shadows from the desktop font, unchecking "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop", using the Solid Background option, and tried so many other workarounds including the registry workaround offered by...
  7. Drop Shadows Appear on New Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drop Shadows Appear on New Update: Bloody Microsoft! This is the second time that when Windows updates it puts drop shadows on my desktop icons! I can't even read the darn things! NONE of the solutions online work. I have changed Advanced System Settings, I have restarted Explorerer, I have done other...
  8. Drop shadows on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drop shadows on desktop icons: The inability to stop drop shadows has been going on for far too long. All the Microsoft responses stating the fix as checking the Drop Shadow box is ridiculous. It doesn't stop the problem. I've started to use Virtual Desktop more often and EVERY TIME I switch desktops...
  9. got a new laptop but has the same problem as my old one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    got a new laptop but has the same problem as my old one: i just brought a new laptop as my old one was not working properly and now this one is doing the same thing. it automatically transferred my old stuff from my laptop and has started flashing colors as it starts up and when you put in a usb . please help ASAP Thanks...
  10. Drop Shadow color/tint problem in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Drop Shadow color/tint problem in Win 10: I recently bought a new Dell all-in-one desktop with Windows 10 and I've noticed that the tint on the drop shadows are this weird coloring now. I do digital scrapbooking and tag making. I use scrap kits and tubes for these. Now when I see a kit element with a drop shadow to...