Windows 10: A newer version of OneDrive is installed on Windows 10

Discus and support A newer version of OneDrive is installed on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] If you are trying to install OneDrive on a Windows 10 computer, there is a high chance of receiving this error message – A newer version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 23, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

A newer version of OneDrive is installed on Windows 10

WinClub, Jun 23, 2018
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Jun 24, 2018
  3. A newer version of Onedrive is installed

A newer version of Onedrive is installed

You need to uninstall it first before installing this version.

Since updating to Windows 10 April Update, OneDrive doesn't work for me, I get the above mentioned error. Also the OneDrive tile from the Start Menu was renamed OneDrive(1), looks as if there must be a OneDrive(2) somewhere...

I noticed that OneDriveSetup.exe from C: Program Files: Microsoft OneDrive has the version 17.3.6943.625., meanwhile the version of OneDrive shown in Control Panel: Programs and Services is 18.065.0329.0002.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Egyed Péter, Jun 24, 2018
  4. A newer version of OneDrive is installed on Windows 10

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

A newer version of OneDrive is installed on Windows 10

1. A newer version of OneDrive is installed on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - newer version OneDrive

2. Installing problems with windows versions newer than 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing problems with windows versions newer than 1909: When installing a new version of Windows beyond 1909, such as Windows 11 or Windows 10 22H2, I encounter a glitch during the boot process when using a USB in legacy BIOS mode. This issue does not occur in Windows 10 versions 1909 or earlier...
  3. Onedrive missing in Windows 11, when I try to install it says there is newer version...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive missing in Windows 11, when I try to install it says there is newer version...: When I try to install it says there is newer version already installed but it really isn't.Can't reset Onedrive as was suggested as system gives error that file doesn't exist.Repair to Office doesn't help as well.Current windows version 25193.1000...
  4. Onedrive missing in Windows 11, when I try to install it says there is newer version...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive missing in Windows 11, when I try to install it says there is newer version...: When I try to install it says there is newer version already installed but it really isn't.Can't reset Onedrive as was suggested as system gives error that file doesn't exist.Repair to Office doesn't help as well.Current windows version 25193.1000...
  5. Windows 10 will not update to a newer version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not update to a newer version: I am trying to update Windows to the most latest version from what I have now. I keep getting the error code "error 0x800700c1" when the update is installing. I have even tried to reset windows but it fails every time telling me "There was a problem resetting your PC. No...
  6. Windows 10 will not update to a newer version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will not update to a newer version: I am trying to update Windows to the most latest version from what I have now. I keep getting the error code "error 0x800700c1" when the update is installing. I have even tried to reset windows but it fails every time telling me "There was a problem resetting your PC. No...
  7. Windows 10 will not update to a newer version

8. Upgrading Windows 10 to a newer version

Upgrading Windows 10 to a newer version: Can I upgrade from windows 10 to the newer version of windows when it comes for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-10-to-a-newer-version/e8ea567c-ad7d-4e21-a4ec-32e46471af24
  9. updating of newer version of windows 10

updating of newer version of windows 10: will updating the new version of windown 10 from previous version of windows 10 delete date and files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-of-newer-version-of-windows-10/43e6901a-8a60-49fa-bf8e-8783afe69537
  10. Upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10

Upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10: What is the charge/cost to upgrade my laptop to a newer version of Windows 10 since it appears that I am running an older version of Windows 10 and keep getting promos to upgrade?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a newer version of onedrive is installed

2. A newer version of OneDrive is installed on Windows 10

3. windows 10 a newer version of onedrive

4. onedrive a newer version is installed,
  5. how to check if one drive is installed,
  6. trying to install onedrive for business but get a message that newer version of office is installed,
  7. uninstall the newer version of one drive