Windows 10: ? A Notebook to beat Galaxy Tab S 10.5 with KBD ??

Discus and support ? A Notebook to beat Galaxy Tab S 10.5 with KBD ?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; here's an interesting topic - and I do have in mind to make this my main Windows 10 daily driver if and when I find such. I have a new iPad Air 2 top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cognus, Jun 29, 2015.

1. cognus Win User

? A Notebook to beat Galaxy Tab S 10.5 with KBD ??

here's an interesting topic - and I do have in mind to make this my main Windows 10 daily driver if and when I find such.
    I have a new iPad Air 2 top of the line, and a Galaxy S Tab 10.5 on the way. Both are fast tablets with long battery life, don't overheat, don't have fans so you don't choke them to death with heat exhaustion, a "just right" size and carryability. The Android tablet has the huge advantage of accomodating a pointing device so it will get a case with Keyboard/touchpad.

I know of no notebook pc that can match the speed, portability, battery life and the display capability of these, but I could have missed one or two. There are many that have good specs but when you look at what real people are finding in them, they are buggy, unreliable, hot, slow, incapable of fast graphics, etc. I do not want ANYthing bigger than 12.5 display... I had a 13 HP elitebook and it was ok but way big. I currently have an older thinkpad x120e because I cannot replace it without taking a downgrade some way or other but I'm even willing to do so if it beats the above core requirements.

what have you found that beats? I paid under $400 for each of the tablets: one brand new, one "as new".

???

:)

cognus, Jun 29, 2015
  2. Huhtad Win User

cortana not compatible with my device

Also not compatible with any of my devices:

* Transformer T700

* Galaxy Tab S 8.4

* Galaxy Tab S 10.5

* Nexus 7 2013

* Galaxy S6 Edge+

In short, I don't think it's compatible with ANYTHING - a year later and still nothing works. Major FAIL!

Huhtad, Jun 29, 2015
  3. Windows Edge Error: Will not open.

Android is good, I have the Samsung Galaxy TAB S 10.5 and it's great but as for MS it's over. Purchased a IMAC this morning, resetting MS 10 to recover Edge and once the IMAC arrives this YUGO with a fancy paint job is being parked to rust.

BTW Barclay's at Apple is running a promo 0% for 18 months and being a Federal employee I get $100.00 off the IMAC and Apple care for 3 years $111.00. It's a good deal.

Richard_637, Jun 29, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Well, you can't really compare them based on price. I can't see how you could have bought a top of the line iPad Air 2 for less than $400. The cheapest one they make is $499, and top of the line is $829.

For that price, you could easily get a Surface 3 with keyboard cover. Or, if you really want the keyboard clamshell, then you could go for a Transformer, the TX-300 is 13.3 inches, which I know you said is larger than you want, but they also have a 10inch model, the TX100HA

Another option is a MacBook Air, which you can install Windows on if you want.

Mystere, Jun 29, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    As Mystere says you can't compare Apple products with non Apple products based on price. It's a well known fact that Apple over price their products by at least a factor of two. Saying that an Apple tablet is better than a non Apple product in the same family range and basing the argument on their price is silly. You have to look at the specifications and what the OS/software can do.

swarfega, Jun 29, 2015
  6. cognus Win User
    I paid $370 for the ipad air 2. just like PC's, the market will determine what things are worth. i've been in the pc patch a long time, and some things are priced appropriately, some not.
    neither of the comments mention the price of the Samsung Galaxy S 10.5.... why?

at any rate, make it simple: where can I get that display quality in a notebook with same/better battery life and passive cooling and portability? the samsung is clearly superior in display quality, not in other ways - something even apple fanbois admit.
    The MSRP of the targeted notebook could be $600 or so... nothing sells for its target price, especially in PC land. I routinely by for my customers PC laptops at around 60% of list - especially these days as the market is crowded with mediocre models and constipated overstuffing channels

cognus, Jun 29, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    New? That's outrageous.. where the heck did you find a legitimate (ie not stolen) Top of the line ipad air 2 for $370? I'll buy 1000 of them tomorrow if I can find that.

Look, you can't compare freak of nature deals to standard street price for most people.

You aren't going to be able to compare an x86 processor to an ARM processor for battery life or power consumption/heat dissipation. In Intel land, if you get something that sips power, it's not very fast, and if it's fast it's going to heat up and draw juice.

Say "display quality" is meaningless, since we don't know what your judging it on... One may have better color, than another, another might be sharper than another, another may be brighter or have better contrast or use less power.. there are so many things that can define "better".

Mystere, Jun 29, 2015
  8. cognus Win User

i could not disagree more about display subjectivity: some commonly-accepted benchmarks are applicable. whether YOU like industry leading AMOLED display technology or not is unknowable, but the industry does have some lines drawn. I've yet to see any responsible reviewer rate the tab s displays as 'less than' the Air 2, and going back to my original post, i know of no pc device that can rival it in the vicinity of its price range [market]. aside from that one big factor, a lot of technicals are 'up for grabs', but I see no rivals until around $800 & up.
    i hope that if the pc industry can find a way to work through the stale inventory, maybe in a year or two the playing field will level some but I dunno if a profit can be made at that level playing field - having been there, i doubt it. witness hp's failed efforts to find a buyer for their pc unit

as to outrageous pricing, see Apple iPad Air 2 16GB Wi Fi 9 7in Space Gray New in Box | eBay
    i do a lot of business on ebay, every which way. its pretty close to an old fashioned b-school 'free market', especially on the buy side.

cognus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. ? A Notebook to beat Galaxy Tab S 10.5 with KBD ?? - Similar Threads - Notebook beat Galaxy

2. Samsung galaxy tab pro s stop code 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Samsung galaxy tab pro s stop code 0xc000021a: I turned off the computer after use and when I wanted to bristle again, it entered an endless loop, I am having trouble finding the solution to this error.Device : samsung galaxy tab pro s Operating system : Windows 10Extra information :Power key + Volume up I would also like...
  3. Samsung galaxy tab pro s stop code 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung galaxy tab pro s stop code 0xc000021a: I turned off the computer after use and when I wanted to bristle again, it entered an endless loop, I am having trouble finding the solution to this error.Device : samsung galaxy tab pro s Operating system : Windows 10Extra information :Power key + Volume up I would also like...
  4. Samsung galaxy tab pro s stop code 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can’t type @ symbol Samsung Galaxy notebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t type @ symbol Samsung Galaxy notebook: Hi, New device running windows 11 purchased in Spain I’ve tried :Shift 2Alt 2Alt gr 2Shift Alt 2 Shift Alt gr 2 Control 2 Etc etc All of the above with the Q key It works on the touch screen keyboard Keyboard is set to English UK Any ideas? ‍Thank you...
  6. Can’t type @ symbol Samsung Galaxy notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t type @ symbol Samsung Galaxy notebook: Hi, New device running windows 11 purchased in Spain I’ve tried :Shift 2Alt 2Alt gr 2Shift Alt 2 Shift Alt gr 2 Control 2 Etc etc All of the above with the Q key It works on the touch screen keyboard Keyboard is set to English UK Any ideas? ‍Thank you...
  7. Samsung galaxy book s

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Samsung galaxy book s: Can anyone pls help Samsung costumer service are a bunch of idiots. My laptop has been turning of and on without any warnings i have check for any virus or malware but there is nothing, i have done a factory reset but that did not help ether i did i reinstall of the same...
  8. galaxy book s

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    galaxy book s: Anyone here has a samsung galaxy book s laptop with windows 10 64bit ?My laptop has restart, turns off. sometimes i cant even power it on. I have factory reset, reinstalled all the updates but it does not help!Sometimes i get an error saying the drive couldn't be created......
  9. Samsung Galaxy tab is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Galaxy tab is not recognized: Please help me. I connect my Galaxy Tab 10A through the USB to the PC running Windows 10 but the system will not recognize it. What is the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-galaxy-tab-is-not-recognized/4d675956-21e6-45b9-a463-d33b4d548db4
  10. Windows notebook that beats MBP 15 Audio Quality?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows notebook that beats MBP 15 Audio Quality?: so i was talking to a friend a week ago about tech stuff and he showed me his new 2015 issue Macbook Pro 15. Notwithstanding some awful issues they do have, he was amazed at the sound so I took a test drive. I agree: the speaker/audio fidelity and quality is superb - the...