Windows 10: A number of problems, probably related

Discus and support A number of problems, probably related in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am facing the following problems: 1. Cannot start windows defender real-time protection: Shows error code 0x800705b4 (attached) All options in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nimanyu, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Nimanyu Win User

A number of problems, probably related

I am facing the following problems:

1. Cannot start windows defender real-time protection:
    Shows error code 0x800705b4 (attached)
    All options in Settings are unavailable (attached)
    2. Cannot start Malwarebyte Antimalware real-time protection
    Said "access denied" whenever tried to start the service
    This was solved on uninstalling(using revo uninstaller) and reinstalling
    3. Cannot start Xbox app(attached)
    Loading animation for some time then error message
    4. Cannot open Windows Update in Settings(attached)
    Settings window closes few seconds after selecting Windows Update, no error
    5. I tried making a local account, and now i cannot login to my MS accounts
    Stuck at just a moment

I believe all of these might be related, they started around the same time(except the last one, just discovered it)
    And that they might be due to some problem in registry.

None of them disappeared on updating to newer builds(using image files)
    Persisting since last 2 builds
    I am currently running Win 10 build 10586

:)

Nimanyu, Nov 6, 2015
  2. Ian Sal Win User

software related problem(probably)

Hi,

If issue still persists after a hard reset, we would suggest rolling back to previous build if recent update didn't make much of a difference at all to your mobile productivity. You can do this by downloading Windows Device Recovery Tool, go
    here

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Nov 6, 2015
  3. rpme1996n Win User
    software related problem(probably)

I have upgraded my lumia 532 ds to win 10 mob about an year ago through update advisor app and was quite happy with that.

however, recently

installed the latest build 14393 693 and after that couldn't install an additional language pack, be it speech Or keyboard.

below are the screenshots

A number of problems, probably related [​IMG]

I also did hard reset but the problem still persist.

download fails each time.

another problem is that I can't view or transfer files to or from pc while connecting my phone with usb cable.

it just shows 'Application error' message on the pc.

i suspect that such problems are caused by the latest update.

everything was ok before that.

anyone there please help me.

i am from India

rpme1996n, Nov 6, 2015
  4. A number of problems, probably related

Have tried running sfc /scannow to try and see if that fixes it.

Go to start
    Right click
    Click run
    Type in sfc /scannow and let it run
    Make sure you leave the space between the c and /
    You might have to let run more than once

let us know how you get on

hTconeM9user, Nov 6, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Nimanyu,
    If you want to run a system file scheck ( sfc /scannow ), please follow this way...............

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......

sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command ( please use copy and paste method in order to avoid typo )....................

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Nov 7, 2015
  6. Nimanyu Win User
    I ran sfc, #3 happened
    Then I ran dism
    It proceeded till 40%, then when I checked later, the Command prompt window had closed
    When I tried to run it again, it stays stuck at the blinking cursor after this:

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10565.0

Image Version: 10.0.10565.0

Nimanyu, Nov 7, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    OK. Thank you for the follow up.
    Do I understand then your problems still persist ?

davidhk, Nov 7, 2015
  8. Nimanyu Win User

Yes, yes it does.
    And sorry for the late reply

Nimanyu, Nov 7, 2015
  9. GAS
    Gas Win User
    Hi Nimanyu,
    It seems that some"thing" is taking the "ownership" of your computer; you better backup your personal files and reinstall the OS, I would never feel safe with my computer acting like yours. *cry

10. Nimanyu Win User
    A clean install is at the end of my list
    And clean installing is not actually solving the problem, and what if this occurs again...

Nimanyu, Nov 7, 2015
  11. Restart, try DISM again. If it works, try the SFC /scannow command. Give them all plenty of time to complete.

If that still doesn't work, consider this method for a refresh (not a reinstall, but it does remove apps): Refresh Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

DustSailor, Nov 7, 2015
  12. dalchina New Member
    Hi, when you (eventually!) get to a working state, use disk imaging to create a complete backup so you can restore your PC to exactly that same state should something go wrong.

Windows is very fragile (compared, people say, to Apple's OS) and needs sticking plaster and TLC.

Recommend e.g. Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper (which I use regularly). Create the bootable disk (care if using UEFI rather than BIOS) and you'll need an external USB drive (e.g.) - say, at least twice the size of the data (disk, partitions) you plan to back up on it. I've found this absolutely invaluable- it means you can be back to a working state in a defined time without tech help.

(And presumably you had no restore points prior to your problem occurring..)

dalchina, Nov 7, 2015
  13. GAS
    Gas Win User

You said "might be due to some problem in registry"
    Did you make any registry "tweaking" or did you use any registry cleaner/manager sw?
    If the answer is yes: did you create a registry backup? or system restore point? or a system image?
    If the answer is no: do you have any idea about what messed up your registry?

14. Nimanyu Win User
    I upgraded to the latest Insider preview build.
    Also, SFC and DISM completed successfully, twice.
    Problems persist. *Sad

Nimanyu, Nov 9, 2015
  15. Nimanyu Win User
    I think so because reinstalling Windows or upgrading to a newer build (while keeping all the settings and files) are not solving the problem, so it shouldn't be some corrupt Windows file, but rather registry trouble.

Nimanyu, Nov 9, 2015
Thema:

1. A number of problems, probably related - Similar Threads - number problems probably

2. BSOD Errors probably related to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Errors probably related to SSD: Have experienced twice a BSOD in during the evening, both time i can find hints that SSD driver? could be involved. Please help understangind the dump files and finding and fixing the cuase of this error. Copying content from one of the crash dumps:************ Preparing the...
  3. BSOD Errors probably related to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Errors probably related to SSD: Have experienced twice a BSOD in during the evening, both time i can find hints that SSD driver? could be involved. Please help understangind the dump files and finding and fixing the cuase of this error. Copying content from one of the crash dumps:************ Preparing the...
  4. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers: Hi guys,I have a Samsung NP470R5E that started crashing with BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure. I read online that this could be caused by graphic drivers, so I decided to make a clean install and use the drivers provided by Samsung. No matter what I do, I can't get the...
  5. Problem with BSOD probably a driver

Problem with BSOD probably a driver: Since about 3-4 weeks I have been getting BSOD's almost every time I start up my system. They vary in message but most of them are things like MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or ISQL or some others I can't remember. Using a blue screen viewer I have come to the conclusion that it is always...
  6. A lot of problems with my PC, probably related to win 10 (help)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A lot of problems with my PC, probably related to win 10 (help): Hello I hope you are having a good day. to start, i[ll tell you that my understanding of computers is limited (i´m not an ignorant but not a mega geek neither) and I use my computer mostly for office applications, digital art and some minor gaming. The problem is that my...
  7. Horrible sound problems (crackling) after Windows Update (probably driver related)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Horrible sound problems (crackling) after Windows Update (probably driver related): I always reject Windows updates for long periods of time and then download all of them at once, and today was one of those bulk update days. I downloaded many updates, including the new Edge and the May 2020 update. Before these updates, everything was perfectly fine with my...
  8. Recurring sudden blackscreens, probably driver-related

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Recurring sudden blackscreens, probably driver-related: Hello. Basically, every few days, when I'm lucky just every few weeks, my screen will suddenly go black while the PC is running. I can usually get it back by rebooting the PC, but it'll repeat itself a few minutes later. The only solution I have found so far is to uninstall...
  9. Probably keyboard driver problem

Probably keyboard driver problem: Hi I've recently updated windows 10 and also updated all of my drivers ones with update available and after a few days it caused really serious problems to my keyboard. Some of the buttonsREALLY don't work properly. Most of the top bar buttons f1 ,f2 ,etc. and buttons d and c...
  10. some probably related power issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    some probably related power issues: I've been having a few different problems with my computer since a hardware upgrade. the first problem I have been having is my computer takes 2 attempts to boot. example situation: wake up in the morning, turn computer on. BIOS posts, windows 10 logo appears, but fades to...