Windows 10: A password is needed but I didn't need one before!

Discus and support A password is needed but I didn't need one before! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I didn't need to use a password to 'log on' on my PC Windows 10 lock screen/sign-in before but I do now. I don't need it since it's a desktop version... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ElleEmme1, Oct 7, 2019.

1. ElleEmme1 Win User

A password is needed but I didn't need one before!

I didn't need to use a password to 'log on' on my PC Windows 10 lock screen/sign-in before but I do now. I don't need it since it's a desktop version and I don't want one. How can I change it back to not needing a password? (There's no option to remove password.) This is a very new thing that just started within the last couple of hours. I hadn't done anything to change it, it woke up from 'sleep' and wanted a password.

Just to be clear, I CAN log in with my Microsoft password, I just don't need/want to.

:)

ElleEmme1, Oct 7, 2019

2. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Oct 7, 2019
  3. renbrant Win User
    "forgot password" dosen´t work

I already call to Nokia support in Brazil, but they can´t reset my password. The nokia messaging didn´t alow to setup a new account. I must to delete my other account first.

renbrant, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

1. A password is needed but I didn't need one before! - Similar Threads - password needed didn't

2. I need my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need my password: How to remove password I need password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-password/4efbbd98-cc85-4617-bc58-701235909e6a
  3. I need my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need my password: How to remove password I need password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-password/4efbbd98-cc85-4617-bc58-701235909e6a
  4. I need to access my old email, but I can't remember the password and I didn't answer the...

I need to access my old email, but I can't remember the password and I didn't answer the...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-access-my-old-email-but-i-cant-remember/a5cb26e4-bb40-4dd8-91c0-cb9dbeba966e
  5. I need to access my old email, but I can't remember the password and I didn't answer the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to access my old email, but I can't remember the password and I didn't answer the...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-access-my-old-email-but-i-cant-remember/a5cb26e4-bb40-4dd8-91c0-cb9dbeba966e
  6. I need one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need one...: Although, you guys know what is "Bootable entrances" right? As to run a Windows or any bootable stuffs like WinPE or tweaked Android, Linux,... OSUsually we need a Recovery Environment and a WinPE for fixes and troubleshoots Windows if it runs into a critical problemNow is my...
  7. I need one...

I need one...: Although, you guys know what is "Bootable entrances" right? As to run a Windows or any bootable stuffs like WinPE or tweaked Android, Linux,... OSUsually we need a Recovery Environment and a WinPE for fixes and troubleshoots Windows if it runs into a critical problemNow is my...
  8. I need help before I go insane..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need help before I go insane..: I was looking through my logs and i found that somebody was remotely hacking my laptop and it showed a thing saying it was successful and they viewed my credentials and stuff. The reason i got a new laptop was because of a similar problem it was that i had a RAT malware and...
  9. Help needed - Computer keeps asking for code before password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed - Computer keeps asking for code before password: Hi all, A month or so ago I had to switch my PC (windows 10 - 64 bit) to safe mode, for the first time ever. when I did for some reason the normal 4 digit number login didn't work, I entered it a few times and then just by chance tried my hotmail password, which worked !...
  10. Do I need one drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do I need one drive?: Do I need one drive? Can I just uninstall it? It keeps saying I don't have enough space. Don't want to buy more space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-one-drive/fbc3cef6-ddcc-4859-9b8f-f2489d5af090"