Windows 10: A password is needed but I didn't need one before!

Discus and support A password is needed but I didn't need one before! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I didn't need to use a password to 'log on' on my PC Windows 10 lock screen/sign-in before but I do now. I don't need it since it's a desktop version... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ElleEmme1, Oct 7, 2019.

1. ElleEmme1 Win User

A password is needed but I didn't need one before!

I didn't need to use a password to 'log on' on my PC Windows 10 lock screen/sign-in before but I do now. I don't need it since it's a desktop version and I don't want one. How can I change it back to not needing a password? (There's no option to remove password.) This is a very new thing that just started within the last couple of hours. I hadn't done anything to change it, it woke up from 'sleep' and wanted a password.

Just to be clear, I CAN log in with my Microsoft password, I just don't need/want to.

:)

ElleEmme1, Oct 7, 2019

2. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Oct 7, 2019
  3. renbrant Win User
    "forgot password" dosen´t work

I already call to Nokia support in Brazil, but they can´t reset my password. The nokia messaging didn´t alow to setup a new account. I must to delete my other account first.

renbrant, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

1. A password is needed but I didn't need one before! - Similar Threads - password needed didn't

2. I need to put new password

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need to put new password: Im having issues loggin into my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-put-new-password/4f945cbc-205b-4485-80bf-5c7e1ccbfcf0
  3. Do I need one drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do I need one drive?: Do I need one drive? Can I just uninstall it? It keeps saying I don't have enough space. Don't want to buy more space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-one-drive/fbc3cef6-ddcc-4859-9b8f-f2489d5af090"
  4. I need original password for my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need original password for my computer: Hi i have recently followed a youtube tutorial on how to delete files and i have done something wrong or followed a scam and it has resulted in me being locked out of my pc account and apparently i need the original password for my account to get back in so i was hoping...
  5. What do I need to know before resetting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What do I need to know before resetting?: My W10 is running very slow. I tried all official suggestions and suggestions in threads that did not fix it. A reset seems to be my last option. Do I need to have an activation code and do I need installation media? Is there anything else I need to know that I'm not asking?...
  6. My computer needs to go in for repair before sending it what do i need to do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer needs to go in for repair before sending it what do i need to do?: Hi everyone, my computer is going in for repair (it needs a new hard drive) and I have been asked to remove my password from the main screen how do I do this without deleting my Microsoft account? I have backed up all important data and removed some programmes but I am...
  7. I need that media player you sent me before

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I need that media player you sent me before: you sent me media player 10 i rebooted my computer to it's original operating condition and lost it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-that-media-player-you-sent-me-before/f458b463-6a21-4e76-8190-199540e5d8ab"
  8. I only need one account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I only need one account: For my windows 10 i am using my email to login but i have another account which i want to remove, the account is able to type in username and password. I have tried removing it from control panel but it only just shows my account pls help. thanks. 56919
  9. Need a good password organizer.

Need a good password organizer.: Looking at a notebook that I've written down all my sign-on and passwords down in, I realized a few things. One, this isn't safe, I'm using too many "easy" passwords so I don't forget what they are. Secondly, while writing all this information down seems safe, just one slip...
  10. Needing an administrator password

Needing an administrator password: Not having an administrator password is causing all the usual problems. On settings I wind up on one account that I use pin.. When I first turn pc on I am already informed that my sign-in/password is wrong but I have not done anything yet. I hit the OK button and 2 accounts...