Windows 10: A PC is presenting in Tablet Mode - I need to it to be in Desktop Mode

Discus and support A PC is presenting in Tablet Mode - I need to it to be in Desktop Mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am helping a friend who has a PC working in Tablet Mode even though I have made all the correct configurations in Settings to make it work in Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaveJB, Jun 9, 2020.

1. DaveJB Win User

A PC is presenting in Tablet Mode - I need to it to be in Desktop Mode

I am helping a friend who has a PC working in Tablet Mode even though I have made all the correct configurations in Settings to make it work in Desktop Mode. Can anyone help me move forward with this situation to help me return this computer to Desktop Mode.

In System I set Tablet Mode to Use Desktop Mode but this had no effect.

I made sure the Tablet Mode Tile in Notifications was turned off but this had no effect

I ran sfc /scannow which did find some corruptions but was able to repair them.

If I run the DISM tool in Windows PowerShell to restore the Image, do you think this might correct the situation?

My thanks, DaveJB.

:)

DaveJB, Jun 9, 2020

2. Tablet and Desktop Mode

Hello,

I was wonder why you can't have the tablet tile and its side menu setup on the official desktop in Windows 10? The reason I ask is because gone are shortcuts in Desktop Mode. Live tiles are a natural modernization of the old shortcuts we use to be able
    to place on the desktop. Tablet mode has functionality restrictions that aren't present in Desktop, but in Desktop there are no tiles (shortcuts) immediately available like in Tablet mode. Instead one must go into the Start Menu and then select a tile.
    It is cumbersome and doesn't make much sense. And yes, I do have my Start Menu set to full screen mode, but again, you have to take a couple of steps just to access tiles (shortcuts). Seems rather silly to me. Will there ever be a way to have the tablet
    tile "desktop" available in the full Desktop Mode? It seems this would be a very simple thing to do by Microsoft.

Thank you.

Sinister-Veridicus, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Jun 9, 2020
  4. DeanEisen Win User

Desktop mode to tablet mode

When I enter desktop mode from tablet mode I can't switch back to tablet mode without going into settings. When I click the Windows Icon or button it shows the tablet mode display but returns into desktop when I click using the touchpad,

DeanEisen, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

1. A PC is presenting in Tablet Mode - I need to it to be in Desktop Mode - Similar Threads - presenting Tablet Mode

2. tablet mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tablet mode: I was playing genshin impact on my laptop and wanted to try it with tablet mode so I flipped the screen to turn on tablet mode the game was open so it adjusted to the screen vertically and when I switched back the game screen was stuck and don't know what to do but this is...
  3. Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode: I have an HP laptop. Windows is up to date. I have recently switched to running in desktop mode but when i left click the start button instead of getting the start menu it switches to tablet mode. How do i fix this? Ive searched everywhere. if i right click it brings up...
  4. what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode: what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-tablet-mode-and/8c87c268-ef51-40ab-a143-66b0da01d2de
  5. tablet mode

tablet mode: I saw my brother use the tablet mode but he does not want to tell me how I put it, they could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode/417db7cb-1d88-41a7-bcf4-ac007ef5a73f
  6. Getting back to desktop mode from tablet mode.

Getting back to desktop mode from tablet mode.: I have a Lenova 2 in 1 ideapad with Windows 10. When I switched from tablet back to laptop my desktop will not change back to desktop mode with a start up menu and items showing that i had saved to desktop. I figured out how to get taskbar items back....
  7. Tablet Mode

Tablet Mode: Tablet Mode doesn"t work Windows 10 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/tablet-mode/20aaec50-f38f-4066-a10f-8fa9bb6a02b7
  8. Are Moden Apps the same in desktop mode as tablet mode?

Are Moden Apps the same in desktop mode as tablet mode?: My apologies if this question seems basic, but I really am confused. I'm trying to understand why I would want to use tablet mode. Apart from the minimize, maximize and "x" buttons found in desktop mode. Aren't the modern tile apps that you can launch straight from the...
  9. Access desktop in Tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Access desktop in Tablet mode?: I am upgrading from 8 on a PC I used as a media center. The metro start screen was great for using on a TV. In Windows 10 however it seems the only way to have this be the default boot screen is to enable "Tablet Mode". I am fine with this however when in Tablet Mode it seems...
  10. Tablet Mode In Fullscreen On PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Tablet Mode In Fullscreen On PC: Where to find it. Tablet mode will basically go fullscreen on your pc, removing windowed apps and turning the Start menu into the Start screen. To turn it on or off, follow these easy steps. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html If you want to do...