Windows 10: A Peek at the Future

Discus and support A Peek at the Future in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just thought I'd share with you a couple of new icons that are coming. They are Settings AND Snip& Sketch [ATTACH] Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Drew1903, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Drew1903 Win User

A Peek at the Future

Just thought I'd share with you a couple of new icons that are coming. They are Settings AND Snip& Sketch

A Peek at the Future b802988e-d44e-4dee-aa2a-6e683a7ac82b?upload=true.jpg

Cheers,
    Drew
    A Peek at the Future bd33da73-9e39-4f46-93c4-1890375c5af7?upload=true.jpg

:)

Drew1903, Aug 22, 2020

2. Windows "aero-peek" reqularly only presents blank program icon

Hello Eemi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you boot the computer in clean boot and see if that helps.

Step 1: Booting the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue and follow the steps from this

link

Note: I would like to inform you that once you select Normal startup under startup selection all the services and startup items will automatically be enabled. You just need to restart
    the computer to start the computer normally.

Step 2: Check the status in ''aero peek''.

1. Click on Start button and type ''Settings''.
    2. Select ''Personalization''.
    3. Click on ''Taskbar on the left hand corner''.
    4. Select '' Use Peek to preview the desktop when you move your mouse to the Show desktop button at the end of the taskbar''
      on the right hand corner.
    5. Close the settings page and restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Aug 22, 2020
  3. EemiTan Win User
    Windows "aero-peek" reqularly only presents blank program icon

This had no effect. Also the aero peek was already enabled. I should clarify that most of the time aero peek works just fine. Just after a while it often "fails" and starts to present only this blank icon. A quick fix is to restart the program, however it
    only fixes it for a while because the problem usually returns after a while.

EemiTan, Aug 22, 2020
  4. A Peek at the Future

Windows peek/taskbar Thumbnail not working (Help)

Hi Elias,

We may need to change some settings to enable the peek option. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar on the left pane.
    • Locate Use Peek to preview the desktop when you move your mouse to the Show desktop button at the end of the taskbar option, turn it
      ON.

A Peek at the Future 4e6ea8e8-0a25-4147-98c9-70329ee94095.png

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

A Peek at the Future

1. A Peek at the Future - Similar Threads - Peek Future

2. Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...: I cannot disable the Taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 11. It's unclear whether this feature is a thumbnail preview or "peek" as provided for in the many, many, setting windows and it's help pages direct me to, none of which work. I am aware that the Group Policy Editor...
  3. Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...: I cannot disable the Taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 11. It's unclear whether this feature is a thumbnail preview or "peek" as provided for in the many, many, setting windows and it's help pages direct me to, none of which work. I am aware that the Group Policy Editor...
  4. My question is about Aero Peek. How do I make it work after a fresh [Windows 7} install and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My question is about Aero Peek. How do I make it work after a fresh [Windows 7} install and...: Aero Peek changes at times between working and not working for reasons I usually do not know {in fact never know.}. I recently reformatted my Desktop pc 3 times. {Running Windows 7 and not going to update to 10 or 11.} The last reformat was because Aero Peek was not working....
  5. My question is about Aero Peek. How do I make it work after a fresh [Windows 7} install and...

My question is about Aero Peek. How do I make it work after a fresh [Windows 7} install and...: Aero Peek changes at times between working and not working for reasons I usually do not know {in fact never know.}. I recently reformatted my Desktop pc 3 times. {Running Windows 7 and not going to update to 10 or 11.} The last reformat was because Aero Peek was not working....
  6. Peek-a-boo desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Peek-a-boo desktop icons?: One of the recent Windows updates, maybe the one before this last one, most of my desktop icons were blank, and I had to fiddle around in hidden files to delete something and restart. This time, they were blank again after the most recent update, so I tried rebooting. When...
  7. Peek-a-boo desktop icons?

Peek-a-boo desktop icons?: One of the recent Windows updates, maybe the one before this last one, most of my desktop icons were blank, and I had to fiddle around in hidden files to delete something and restart. This time, they were blank again after the most recent update, so I tried rebooting. When...
  8. How to disable "emoji window" and "peek desktop" shortcuts win+. and win+, on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable "emoji window" and "peek desktop" shortcuts win+. and win+, on Windows 10?: I want to keep using Win+. and Win+, keyboard shortcuts in some other application, but since Windows 10 they are used to open emoji window and to peek the desktop.I have tried: - Adding "DisabledHotkeys" in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\ and...
  9. How to disable "emoji window" and "peek desktop" shortcuts win+. and win+, on Windows 10?

How to disable "emoji window" and "peek desktop" shortcuts win+. and win+, on Windows 10?: I want to keep using Win+. and Win+, keyboard shortcuts in some other application, but since Windows 10 they are used to open emoji window and to peek the desktop.I have tried: - Adding "DisabledHotkeys" in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\ and...
  10. Hints for the Future in Our First Real Peek at Redstone 2

in Windows 10 News
    Hints for the Future in Our First Real Peek at Redstone 2: Hints for the Future in Our First Real Peek at Redstone 2 Friday’s release of Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14942 has provided us with our first real peek at new features and functionality coming in the next major release of this operating system. It’s due in Spring...