Windows 10: A Perfectly Working Existing Windows 10 x64 Pro Goes Belly-Up

Discus and support A Perfectly Working Existing Windows 10 x64 Pro Goes Belly-Up in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; What hell is Microsoft playing at? Here I am with a perfectly legit Windows 10 x64 Pro free upgraded from the then existing Windows 7 x 64 Pro, since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JoeRevoraman, Apr 14, 2020.

1. A Perfectly Working Existing Windows 10 x64 Pro Goes Belly-Up

What hell is Microsoft playing at? Here I am with a perfectly legit Windows 10 x64 Pro free upgraded from the then existing Windows 7 x 64 Pro, since 2016. So, that means it was ALREADY activated, get it, Microsoft?? Sorely tempted to call you worse.

Now, out of the blue, I get a greyed out warning lower right of my screen that Windows needs activating!!! **** !!!!

So, I head to Settings- Activation- Troubleshoot, and what do I get? A 0xC004F012 Error. Again, Microsoft, **** is going on here?

Tried your so-called cop-out Virtual Agent, who as expected escaped without providing any solution other that try here. A typical Microsoft Support solution, just escape and pass the buck.

Is it any wonder that there is such a strong feeling against Microsoft and their utterly **** OS calling itself Windows 10? Pssst, Microsoft, please resurrect Windows 3.1 because it was a darn sight better than this current pile of ----!!!!

:)

JoeRevoraman, Apr 14, 2020
  2. NickSteel Win User

Query on Clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on Windows 7 Pro PC.

Original Title: Windows 7 Pro (from MS upgrade key) to Windows 10 Pro - Clean Install

My Gateway NV7923U X64 came with Windows 7 Home installed.

I purchased an upgrade key from MS and upgraded to Windows 7 Pro.

I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and then do a clean install.

• Will my existing upgraded Windows 7 Pro now upgrade to Windows 10 Pro automatically, or do I need to perform additional steps?
    • Will I be able to do a clean install and have Windows 10 Pro after upgrading?

NickSteel, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 14, 2020
  4. A Perfectly Working Existing Windows 10 x64 Pro Goes Belly-Up

ASUS Smart Doctor for Windows 10 x64 (a favor for a friend)

Need a good working version of ASUS Smart Doctor for a AMD RADEON 4890 Extreme for Windows 10 x64 Pro.
    Anyone have any info on this piece of software or not?

Filip Georgievski, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

A Perfectly Working Existing Windows 10 x64 Pro Goes Belly-Up

1. A Perfectly Working Existing Windows 10 x64 Pro Goes Belly-Up - Similar Threads - Perfectly Working Existing

2. Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!: HiI ran out of space on my NVME drive so replaced it with a larger one.I manually copied the MSR and EFI partition as well as my Win10 partition.I know from previous experience when moving my backup partition that I need to boot into my installation media on USB then use CMD...
  3. Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!: HiI ran out of space on my NVME drive so replaced it with a larger one.I manually copied the MSR and EFI partition as well as my Win10 partition.I know from previous experience when moving my backup partition that I need to boot into my installation media on USB then use CMD...
  4. Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Pro x64 update to 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro x64 update to 21H2: Hi All,I'm having software problems and the vendor wants me to update to 21H2. Windows Update does not offer me that update. So I went to the update catalog to do a manual installation, but it's not clear to me which file to download.Can anyone tell me exactly which file to...
  6. windows 10 pro x64 v2004 installation

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 pro x64 v2004 installation: I installed windows 10 pro v 2004 x64 as clean install from booting from USB win10 iso to install in second SSD drive (first drive has same win10 version installed which I want to remove) The installation completed successfully on rebooting I found the option of dual windows...
  7. Windows 10 x64 pro crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 x64 pro crashes: My Windows 10 x64 repeatedly crashes. The event viewer states Level: Critical, Source: Kernel-Power, Event ID 41 Category 63, the XML view details: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> + <System> <Provider...
  8. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro x64 from Windows 10 Home x64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro x64 from Windows 10 Home x64: I just purchased the upgrade to Win 10 Pro. I did not seem to get an activation/product key, but there is an "Install" button where the "Buy" button was, but what do I do when it asks for a product key? This is on a Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series that I purchased new with...
  9. Bluetooth works perfectly, BUT...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth works perfectly, BUT...: ...after Windows 1803 update Bluetooth works differently. I used to use remote control of my Bluetooth speakers (and headphones, and portable speaker) to switch between and pause/play songs/movies in media players (MPC for video, foobar2000 for audio, and other). Now I can...
  10. 4TB HDD - Windows 10 sets up perfectly

in Windows 10 Support
    4TB HDD - Windows 10 sets up perfectly: Hi there I installed a new 4 TB internal SATA HDD yesterday ( new data disk) -- Windows 10 prompted me immediately after W10 had booted (from an SSD) on boot up -- Uninitialized Disk select GUID / GPT or MBR. For HDD's > 2TB you need GPT to use full size partition....