Windows 10: A persistent wireless network connection issue – Will Microsoft look into this with its...

Discus and support A persistent wireless network connection issue – Will Microsoft look into this with its... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Issue: Windows keeps dripping off from wireless network connection Device: HP Notebook Operating system: Window 10 (Version 1803: 10.0.17134.472)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by User_75, Jan 7, 2019.

1. User_75 Win User

A persistent wireless network connection issue – Will Microsoft look into this with its...

Issue: Windows keeps dripping off from wireless network connection

Device: HP Notebook

Operating system: Window 10 (Version 1803: 10.0.17134.472)

Wireless network adapter drive: Intel

Network modem/router: 2.4G | 5G

Issue started: 2018.12.20

Observations: See below

Actions taken: See below

Issues remained unresolved to date, 2019.01.07

Observations: Wireless connection keeps dripping off. Disconnection pattern is irregular and unpredictable. Other devices connected to the same modem/router work fine. Ethernet network connection OK. Wireless network disconnection can happen even when the Device Manager indicated that the wireless network adapter is “working properly”.

Window network troubleshooting identified random problems such as

• A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken
    • Problem with wireless adapter or access point
    • No wireless network adapter drive
    • Wireless network adapter is not working properly
    • Wireless device cannot start, connection error code 10
    • WiFi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration

When and how the wireless network connection drop is unpredictable. It happens with or without an internet browsing is running. The worst incidence took place while YouTube music was playing. Static noises were heard within 10 min after music started, and the computer completely froze immediately after. Nothing could bring the computer back except a hard reboot. The incidence resulted with the audio drive crash.

Conditions when the wireless resumed network connection are sporadic. These include (1) automatic reconnect by itself, within seconds; (2) automatic reconnect after Window network troubleshoot and diagnostics, (3) reconnect after 1-2 reboots; and/or (4) reconnect after uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless network adapter drive, followed by reboot.

The following actions have been taken

• Troubleshoot and fix network problems in Windows 10 according to the MS recommendation
    • New modem/router with option for 2.4G | 5G capacity
    • Reset network to Window default
    • Uninstall and reinstall wireless network adaptor drive
    • Uploaded wireless network drive from HP
    • Uploaded the most updated wireless network drive from Intel
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled Audio drives AND Wireless network adapter drive

Each of these efforts helps resuming the wireless network connection; but none of them can keep the connection uninterrupted for longer than 4 hours.

Intel Driver scan indicates that “all the Intel® software in the device is up to date”.

100% Windows scan indicates that “none of the Window files integrations is violated”.

Issue remains unresolved to date, 2019.01.07.

This seems an issue suffered by many users here in Microsoft Community. Users here have followed all the kind advices and recommendations, yet, the wireless connection issue seems to be beyond control. Does anyone know whether Microsoft is monitoring feedback from this community? Do we have a superuser here who can communicate with Microsoft? Will Microsoft take the action and solve this issue with its partners, e.g., HP and Intel?

Your advice is highly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

User_75, Jan 7, 2019

2. Unable to display list of wireless networks.

Hi Richard,

Wireless networks could be set as a private network and that could be a possible reason why you are experiencing issues with viewing some wireless networks within your area. For us to provide better assistance, we would need to know if you are trying to
    connect to a public wireless network.

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest performing network reset. Follow these steps to do so:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Under Status, look for Network troubleshooter and then click on Network reset.
    • Restart your computer once the process completed.

If the same issue persists, you can follow the steps provided on this
    link
    . It provides information and steps on how to address network connection issues in Windows 10.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10: Regarding wireless network connection. Issues with connecting to wireless network.

Hi,

As you are facing issue with the wireless connection, we would assist you surely.

This issue persist due to some third party software or antivirus program that might be causing the issue or it could be issue with the network settings.

Before I proceed further;

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you see a red cross on the Network Icon near the Action center? In Spite tried connecting to different network or IP address.
    • Have you installed any third party security application?

I suggest you to refer to the below troubleshooting steps provided and check if that helps to resolve the issue

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jan 7, 2019
  4. A persistent wireless network connection issue – Will Microsoft look into this with its...

Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

A persistent wireless network connection issue – Will Microsoft look into this with its...

1. A persistent wireless network connection issue – Will Microsoft look into this with its... - Similar Threads - persistent wireless network

2. How to resolve networking issue that persists across different networks and wireless adapters?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve networking issue that persists across different networks and wireless adapters?: For the last couple years, I have experienced the following issue: when I attempt to connect to Wifi, my wireless network adapter connects momentarily and then immediately restarts. During the restart, it briefly shows as disabled in the "Network Connections" control panel...
  3. How to resolve networking issue that persists across different networks and wireless adapters?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resolve networking issue that persists across different networks and wireless adapters?: For the last couple years, I have experienced the following issue: when I attempt to connect to Wifi, my wireless network adapter connects momentarily and then immediately restarts. During the restart, it briefly shows as disabled in the "Network Connections" control panel...
  4. How to resolve networking issue that persists across different networks and wireless adapters?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Persistent Network Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Network Issues: For over a year now, I have had issues with downloading software and updating programs. Seemingly at random, a download from a given source will fail, and continue to fail every time I try to download it again. This happens with Chrome, Chrome incognito, Edge, Firefox and...
  6. Persistent Network Issues

Persistent Network Issues: For over a year now, I have had issues with downloading software and updating programs. Seemingly at random, a download from a given source will fail, and continue to fail every time I try to download it again. This happens with Chrome, Chrome incognito, Edge, Firefox and...
  7. Persistent Network Issues

8. Wireless network connectivity issue on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless network connectivity issue on laptop: Hello everyone,I'm using Windows 7.I have an issue with my laptop this laptop only, every other mobile device works fine.When I connect to a wireless network, it works properly. But just after a while just about 5–10mins, the yellow exclamation mark appears and, voila, no...
  9. Wireless network connectivity issue on laptop

Wireless network connectivity issue on laptop: Hello everyone,I'm using Windows 7.I have an issue with my laptop this laptop only, every other mobile device works fine.When I connect to a wireless network, it works properly. But just after a while just about 5–10mins, the yellow exclamation mark appears and, voila, no...
  10. Wireless Network Connection

Wireless Network Connection: Hi, my pc constantly loses internet connection. I'm connected to WiFi and the next minute the pc can't find any wireless network. I always have to re-initiate the pc for the networks to appear again. How can I solve this issue for good?...