Windows 10: A plethora of Windows 10 issues

Discus and support A plethora of Windows 10 issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So. This is complicated. I just upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7, and there are already a ton of bugs. I try to start the Microsoft Store, and it comes up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MisterFribble, Jan 18, 2020.

1. A plethora of Windows 10 issues

So. This is complicated. I just upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7, and there are already a ton of bugs. I try to start the Microsoft Store, and it comes up with the error code 0x80131500. I then press the give feedback button, and the feedback hub and get help doesn't ever load. I try to sign into my account in the settings, and it says something went wrong. I can sign into my account on the web just fine, but not on my computer. I have tried everything. When I run the troubleshooter microsoft account it says:

Can't connect to the sync service

rootcauses found and created logs

authentication information incomplete

I have tried basically everything for the store. I have no antivirus other than Defender, I have done wsreset.exe multiple times, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the store. Windows store troubleshooting comes up with hanging and crashing apps.

For the account, I have run the sfc /scannow, fully updated Win 10. Other than that, I could find no other solutions.

So the gist of it all? Nothing works. At all.

:)

MisterFribble, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 18, 2020
  3. A Plethora of issues with Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I apologize for the inconvenience.

The issue that you are facing might be due to corruptions of user account.

I suggest you to check if you are facing the same issue in safe mode with networking.

Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC. For example, if the problem doesn't happen in safe mode, you'll know default settings and basic device drivers aren't causing
    the issue.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If the issue persist, I suggest you to follow the below steps which will help you to create a new user account.

Follow the below methods.

Method 1:

Enable Built Admin account.

a) Press Windows and x
    key together on your desktop screen.

b) Click on Command Prompt (admin).

c) Type: net user administrator /active: yes

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done

Method 2:

From Built in administrator account create a new user account and transfer the profile data.

Please follow the steps below to do that:

a) Press Windows and x together and select Windows Explorer.

b) Click on View tab
    and Click on Options at the top right corner.

c) Click the View tab, and then click
    Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

d) Uncheck the box which states Hide protected operating system files.

e) Click Yes to confirm, and then click
    OK.

f) Locate the C:\Users\Old_Username folder, where C is the drive that Windows is installed on, and Old Username is the name of the profile you want
    to copy files from.

g) Select all of the files and folders in this folder, except the following files:

•Ntuser.dat

•Ntuser.dat.log

•Ntuser.ini

h) Right click and Select Copy.

i) Locate the C:\Users\New_Username folder, where C is the drive that Windows is installed on, and New Username is the name of the new user profile
    you created.

j) Right click inside the folder and select
    Paste.

k) Restart your PC and check if you are able to log in to default profile.

As you have also asked about the rollback options and backup, I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps you to go back to your previous version of Windows.

Refer the section Go back to your previous version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Here is how you can back up your Windows 10 PC:

• Log on to your Windows 10 computer with an administrator account.
    • Once on the desktop window, right-click the Start button (button with the Windows icon).
    • From the displayed context menu, click Control Panel.
    • On the Control Panel window, ensure that the View by type is set to
      Category.
    • Click the System and Security category, and from the next window, click
      Security and Maintenance.
    • From the bottom of the left pane of the opened Security and Maintenance window, click the
      File History link.
    • Again, from the bottom of the left pane of the File History window, click the
      System Image Backup link.
    • On the opened Create a system image window, from the available radio buttons representing their corresponding options, choose:
    • On a hard disk – To save the created system image backup on a separate partition of the hard disk drive. (Make sure that the target partition has sufficient amount of disk space available to accommodate the backup image file.)
    • On one or more DVDs – To create and write the system image backup on one or more blank writable DVDs.
    • On a network location – And click the Browse button, select a network location, and provide required credentials to save the system image backup on any other computer or network attached storage (NAS).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 18, 2020
  4. A plethora of Windows 10 issues

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

A plethora of Windows 10 issues

1. A plethora of Windows 10 issues - Similar Threads - plethora issues

2. Getting a plethora of events, event Id 131: Metadata staging failed, result=0x80072EFE for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a plethora of events, event Id 131: Metadata staging failed, result=0x80072EFE for...: Fresh install of Win 11, Also programs seem to hang, especially on startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-a-plethora-of-events-event-id-131-metadata/35b046d7-cff7-4515-a664-860a1e0d7e82
  3. Getting a plethora of events, event Id 131: Metadata staging failed, result=0x80072EFE for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a plethora of events, event Id 131: Metadata staging failed, result=0x80072EFE for...: Fresh install of Win 11, Also programs seem to hang, especially on startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-a-plethora-of-events-event-id-131-metadata/35b046d7-cff7-4515-a664-860a1e0d7e82
  4. Plethora of BSOD's and see screenshot attached.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plethora of BSOD's and see screenshot attached.: Hi guys!Read through these forums a lot but this is the first time posting and hopefully last.Recently I installed Diablo 4 and ran into an issue where I would use my second monitor for something while playing, then the screen would go black sans a few random colors from the...
  5. Plethora of BSOD's and see screenshot attached.

Plethora of BSOD's and see screenshot attached.: Hi guys!Read through these forums a lot but this is the first time posting and hopefully last.Recently I installed Diablo 4 and ran into an issue where I would use my second monitor for something while playing, then the screen would go black sans a few random colors from the...
  6. Plethora of BSOD's and see screenshot attached.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Plethora of software side issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plethora of software side issues: This morning I booted up my pc and now the left click functions as a right click, when I open file manager the top drop down keeps opening and closing, and my keyboard doesn't work how its intended to. Non if this is a hardware side issue and I would love to be able to solve...
  8. Plethora of software side issues

Plethora of software side issues: This morning I booted up my pc and now the left click functions as a right click, when I open file manager the top drop down keeps opening and closing, and my keyboard doesn't work how its intended to. Non if this is a hardware side issue and I would love to be able to solve...
  9. I am facing a plethora of issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am facing a plethora of issues.: So a few days ago I was using my computer normally, when it started acting up. The wifi was failing to connect and it was pretty slow, so i tried restarting it. When the computer came back on however, a thing popped up on screen saying "No Bootable Device" with a picture of a...
  10. SOLVED: ... plethora of issues with 64-bit TP bootable-USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SOLVED: ... plethora of issues with 64-bit TP bootable-USB: Okay so I'm running the OS/build my profile says I'm running. I installed it fine on my 32-bit laptop. Trying to get the 64-bit version onto another desktop computer. Not happening. Trying to make the bootable USB of a 64-bit OS in 32-bit TP gives the famous bootsect...