Windows 10: A pop-up website claiming to be Microsoft told me I am hacked; now I can't change my password

Discus and support A pop-up website claiming to be Microsoft told me I am hacked; now I can't change my password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello there, I had recently started using this new website (https://www6.fmovies.to/) to watch free movies online. Pop-up adds frequently come up on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TabarakAl-delaimi, Apr 15, 2019.

1. A pop-up website claiming to be Microsoft told me I am hacked; now I can't change my password

Hello there,

I had recently started using this new website (https://www6.fmovies.to/) to watch free movies online. Pop-up adds frequently come up on this website but I always ignore them. Today (around 10min ago), another pop-up add came on, but this time, a website popped up telling me I was hacked and that my IP address is being used. They told me my device is locked up and that I am at danger of identity theft. They instructed me to call this phone number (which i didn't). But now, I can't change my computer password, and I am wondering if I am actually being hacked. Was this a message from Microsoft? Am I being hacked? Am I at risk of Identity theft? What do you advise me to do?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Tabarak Al-Delaimi

:)

TabarakAl-delaimi, Apr 15, 2019
  2. wandoo3 Win User

changing a saved password to a website

hi I use windows 10 and Microsoft edge and play cards on a website.. edge asked did I want to save password I saved it but now want to change password.. I went to settings then advanced setting where I can change password.. I changed password,, but the original password keeps popping up instead of my new p/word.. why isn't it changing at the website.. anyone know... thank you

wandoo3, Apr 15, 2019
  3. boweasel Win User
    Laptop Hacked - Password Changed

Okay.... I followed all the steps in Option Four right up to Step 8,

A pop-up website claiming to be Microsoft told me I am hacked; now I can't change my password [​IMG]
    [
    where unlike the Tutorial, I got HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\REM_SAM\SAM\Domains\Account\Users\000001F4. No 'S' in the word Account.

Then, in Step 9, when I opened the 000001F4 key, I was instructed to change 11 to 10 in the first column of line 0038. On the problem laptop, the first column of line 0038 has a value of 15, not 11. I would supply a screenshot but I don't know how to do that on a computer that won't start.

So I didn't do anything. I obviously need more help.

boweasel, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

A pop-up website claiming to be Microsoft told me I am hacked; now I can't change my password

Laptop Hacked - Password Changed

That would appear to be just a simple typo. Look at the bottom of Regedit in the screenshot at step 8 where it too clearly shows \Account\ with no 'S'. @Brink should be able to confirm that. I've just followed the instructions on another PC and it too had Account in the singular.

Very sensible to leave things alone and seek further help. I don't know what the value 15 means, or if its safe to change it. On the machine I just modified it was 11 as expected. Hopefully someone who knows more than me will be along shortly.

Thema:

A pop-up website claiming to be Microsoft told me I am hacked; now I can't change my password

1. A pop-up website claiming to be Microsoft told me I am hacked; now I can't change my password - Similar Threads - pop website claiming

2. I have a new computer and I can't download chrome, I am told to change my settings but I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new computer and I can't download chrome, I am told to change my settings but I...: I have looked at the Microsoft help articles and the apps and features command is no where to be found. How can I download apps not from the app store?...
  3. I have a new computer and I can't download chrome, I am told to change my settings but I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a new computer and I can't download chrome, I am told to change my settings but I...: I have looked at the Microsoft help articles and the apps and features command is no where to be found. How can I download apps not from the app store?...
  4. I changed my computer access password but now I can't get in. tells me it's wrong password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my computer access password but now I can't get in. tells me it's wrong password.: I changed my computer access password but now I can't get in. tells me it's wrong password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-my-computer-access-password-but-now-i/d7e20f23-6c89-4a02-ba68-d831af8d7ad5
  5. I changed my computer access password but now I can't get in. tells me it's wrong password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed my computer access password but now I can't get in. tells me it's wrong password.: I changed my computer access password but now I can't get in. tells me it's wrong password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-my-computer-access-password-but-now-i/d7e20f23-6c89-4a02-ba68-d831af8d7ad5
  6. I changed my computer access password but now I can't get in. tells me it's wrong password.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Claim I tried to Change My Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Claim I tried to Change My Password: Dear MSCSI have just noticed I received an email from the address below:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** got suspicious by who I was replying to after I clicked on prompt "No It was not Me"The email address seemed odd "*** Email address is removed for privacy...
  8. i am sick of this pop ups.

i am sick of this pop ups.: please help with these pop ups. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-sick-of-this-pop-ups/8b0d2f3d-0d2f-4540-b19a-fd04046d7e68"
  9. can't sign into msn, I put in password and am told they can't find me and try again later,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't sign into msn, I put in password and am told they can't find me and try again later,...: Won't let me sign, it takes my sign in name but not my password, I am told they can't find a record of me and to try again later. If the prob persists contact customer support and tell them the number 66 appears under the butterfly. How do I fix this?...
  10. I am told I have to change my Microsoft password on account with password set to never expire

I am told I have to change my Microsoft password on account with password set to never expire: I am getting a popup message in the lower righthand corner saying to press control alt delete to change my password now within the next three days. I am the administrator on a one-user non-domain non-network except internet connected machine. I have my account set up as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. popup told me i was hacked