Windows 10: A Possible Virus Prevents Me From Resetting My PC

Discus and support A Possible Virus Prevents Me From Resetting My PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Whenever I try to reset my PC and I click the button it just loads then does nothing. I might of gotten a virus that prevents me from resetting it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TyFenno, Mar 7, 2019.

1. TyFenno Win User

A Possible Virus Prevents Me From Resetting My PC

Whenever I try to reset my PC and I click the button it just loads then does nothing. I might of gotten a virus that prevents me from resetting it because I've taken it to multiple places and they all have been unable to fix it. Is there anyway I can fix it without buying a new PC?

:)

TyFenno, Mar 7, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Naki, Mar 7, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

1. A Possible Virus Prevents Me From Resetting My PC - Similar Threads - Possible Virus Prevents

2. Virus prevents me from resetting laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus prevents me from resetting laptop: I recently clicked on what I thought was a safe link, however my computer has been acting up since then. Every now and then my wifi becomes useless, it says I’m connected but it doesn’t work, I tried connecting to other wifis but same problem and it works on my other devices....
  3. Virus prevents me from resetting laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus prevents me from resetting laptop: I recently clicked on what I thought was a safe link, however my computer has been acting up since then. Every now and then my wifi becomes useless, it says I’m connected but it doesn’t work, I tried connecting to other wifis but same problem and it works on my other devices....
  4. Possible virus on Pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible virus on Pc: I have had my computer for 4 days now and I did a full threat/virus scan because my pc had a force restart after installing rgb fusion…there was over 450,000 files installed.I play Assetto Corsa and download mods from google,could this play a role into why I have to many...
  5. Serious virus prevents me from resetting the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Serious virus prevents me from resetting the computer: Update: pretty sure it is a virus. Try to recover from a previous version. Failed. And the restore backup are deleted. Try to reset the computer from Start. But just cannot open anything. I click on any button things pops up for less than a second and then closed.How could I...
  6. Serious virus prevents me from resetting the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Serious virus prevents me from resetting the computer: Update: pretty sure it is a virus. Try to recover from a previous version. Failed. And the restore backup are deleted. Try to reset the computer from Start. But just cannot open anything. I click on any button things pops up for less than a second and then closed.How could I...
  7. Serious virus prevents me from resetting the computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My pc had a virus, I removed it but it stills remains preventing me to Factory Reset and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My pc had a virus, I removed it but it stills remains preventing me to Factory Reset and...: Hi, I've recently got the ransomware .lightning in my pc I removed it via malwarebytes but I still cannot reset or update my windows. I've tried all the solutions I see in the forum and on youtube but all of it doesnt work. I really need help....
  9. Possible virus on my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible virus on my PC: About 30 minutes ago, I was on a site related to the Sims 3, and hadn't clicked on anything, when like 10 pop-ups opened up out of nowhere. I closed everything out, and then this Google Update notification came up, only the Google Chrome symbol that usually shows when it...
  10. Is it possible to prevent apps from preventing my pc from shutting down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to prevent apps from preventing my pc from shutting down?: I can no longer hit shut down and walk away from my pc, I have to wait and see if there's an application preventing my computer from shutting down to which I click "shut down anyway", it happens almost every time I try to shutdown or restart. It's hardly ever the same app...