Windows 10: A powered USB hub still leaves the green light on even after I unplug the PC?

Discus and support A powered USB hub still leaves the green light on even after I unplug the PC? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have an HP PC with a powered USB hub; when I turn off the PC, the green light stays on in the back of the PC, but it still stays on after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by deerpark243, Apr 9, 2021.

1. A powered USB hub still leaves the green light on even after I unplug the PC?

Hi, I have an HP PC with a powered USB hub; when I turn off the PC, the green light stays on in the back of the PC, but it still stays on after I unplug the power cord. But, when I unplug the power source from the USB hub, the green light on the back of the PC goes out. I got an error when I started the PC up the other day and had to force power it down. It started back up fine, but I can't remember what the error was. Anybody have a reason for this, or can you tell me how to fix the problem?

:)

deerpark243, Apr 9, 2021

2. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Clintlgm Win User
    USB Port Issue - Power Surge on Hub Port

I have no Idea, what i suggested you check is the USB ports on your computer ensure you didn't damage them. The Hub you smoked is smoked get rid of it.
    You new Hub is it self-powered? if not you probably don't have enough power going to the hub to support many devices. The flash drive plug it into a port on your computer if it works then its ok and the issue is the hub. If not you can try to run chk disk on it maybe you can fix it.

Clintlgm, Apr 9, 2021
  4. A powered USB hub still leaves the green light on even after I unplug the PC?

USB Port Issue - Power Surge on Hub Port

Hi there like to update this and want advice/feedback. I bought a brand new 4 port usb hub. I connected it to the usb port where my previous 4 port usb hub is. I only had connected my usb flash drive into the 3rd slot. When i plugged this 4 port usb hub in, it did recognize it. However, after just a bit, i hear that message where its the same one where it would mean my usb flash drive is not recognize when i click on my computer and it should show the f drive. So then i thought... okay it might be my laptop usb port that is the issue. Then i connected a keyboard to one of the 4 ports. It immediately recognized it. Thus at the moment, i did not unplug the 4 port usb hub from the usb hub on my laptop. The wired keyboard connected to it works, but did usb flash drive does not recognize. However if i were to power off that specific 3rd usb hub and power it on again or if i just unplug the entire 4 port usb hub from the usb hub on my laptop and plug it back in, it would either work or you might have to do it a few times before it recognizes the usb flash drive.

So based on this, does this mean this is 100% the usb flash drive and not my laptop usb? So what would you suggest i do now? Make sure i have everything from that flash drive and format it? The thing is it does read the usb flash drive if i were to power off and power that button. These are individual buttons that light up for each usb port.

paulyjustin, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

A powered USB hub still leaves the green light on even after I unplug the PC?

1. A powered USB hub still leaves the green light on even after I unplug the PC? - Similar Threads - powered USB hub

2. PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light: When i was playing roblox for 1 hour or longer my pc just shuts off when i checked i noticed my pc is blinking i rebooted it it did not work i thought it was my dvd-rw drive i ejected nothing happened so does someone help me with this?...
  3. PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light: When i was playing roblox for 1 hour or longer my pc just shuts off when i checked i noticed my pc is blinking i rebooted it it did not work i thought it was my dvd-rw drive i ejected nothing happened so does someone help me with this?...
  4. USB Hub Ports Not Working but Still Giving Power - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Hub Ports Not Working but Still Giving Power - Windows 11: Hi everyone,I got a new laptop today Razer Book 13 and the USB Hub that I've been using isn't working as expected. The USB Hub has 4 additional ports on it where I connect my keyboard, headphones, and mouse.The devices are responsive for the first minute or two after turning...
  5. USB Hub - Powered or not?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Hub - Powered or not?: I've run out of USB Ports on my PC, so I'm looking at a 4 port Hub. My question is this: Do I need a powered Hub or non-powered Hub? Devices to be connected to the Hub are Mouse, Keyboard, USB Headphones and phone charging via USB cable. Thanks. 164695
  6. Connecting a Powered USB extension hub to a PC Properly?.

Connecting a Powered USB extension hub to a PC Properly?.: To help with powering my hotas flight controller I bought a powered USB 3.0 hub like the one in the link, 4 Port Powered USB HUB 3.0 High Speed USB Splitter Extension For PC Laptop UK | eBay It arrived today and I connected it to my Windows 10 PC using the supplied flat cable...
  7. Desktop PC powers up on any key press - even after power unplugged

Desktop PC powers up on any key press - even after power unplugged: I was visiting an elderly friend's yesterday evening and while there was doing some health checks on his PC. I found a most unusual issue. Having powered down the PC, I happened to press a keyboard key and suddenly realised the PC was booting up. After checking I found...
  8. Powers USB Hub Issues After Update to 1803

Powers USB Hub Issues After Update to 1803: Hi All, I have a powered 10 Port Anker USB Hub, which stopped working properly after update to 1803. Earlier all 10 ports worked well, with each port LED also lighting properly. After the update, only 4 ports on the Hub work, and none others (and even their LED lights do...
  9. Powered USB Hub

Powered USB Hub: Could someone wise please recommend a quality 4 port v3.0 powered USB hub with a UK mains plug PSU? I need it for keyboard, mouse, printer and Saitek X52 Pro joystick - the latter will not work unpowered with the rest. I've had a devil of a time trying to find Best Buy...
  10. BSOD when I unplug Mouse or USB-C Hub

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when I unplug Mouse or USB-C Hub: I just bought an ASUS Q325UA 2in1 Laptop. Everything works fine until I try to unplug my mouse from the supplied USB-C to USB/HDMI hub as well as from another USB-C to USB/VGA hub. I've attached my dump files. Thanks in advance for the help. Attachment 142664 88268