Windows 10: A previous version of vc_runtimeminimum.msi cannot be uninstalled, please help me

Discus and support A previous version of vc_runtimeminimum.msi cannot be uninstalled, please help me in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So when ever i open a file that needs microsoft visual studio c++ 2016 or above, this happens, So i tried downloading Microsoft C++ 2019, But it said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by exsect, Apr 2, 2021.

1. exsect Win User

A previous version of vc_runtimeminimum.msi cannot be uninstalled, please help me

So when ever i open a file that needs microsoft visual studio c++ 2016 or above, this happens, So i tried downloading Microsoft C++ 2019, But it said an older version is already installed, so i went to the uninstall app and tried uninstalling all the Microsoft C++ i have, And i have 2 Microsoft 2015 C++ redisdributable, And its not letting me uninstall it because it says "file not found", Can someone show me how to fix this? A previous version of vc_runtimeminimum.msi cannot be uninstalled, please help me fe04a877-3204-48d4-8233-6c1f70ea1969?upload=true.png

:)

exsect, Apr 2, 2021
  2. Hinek Win User

Uninstalling JRE but .msi is missing

Ok, now I got it:

1. Downloaded and started jre-8u101-windows-i586.exe
    2. The Install failed in the second step with an error code, but as long as the installer is still open I could find a jre1.8.0_101.msi where the uninstall process searches for jre1.8.0_101full.msi (notice the difference in name)
    3. Copied the file to a different directory and renamed it jre1.8.0_101full.msi
    4. Closed the installer (directory and jre1.8.0_101.msi get deleted)
    5. Started the uninstall process and changed the path to my new directory.

Thanks @Biswapriyo for your help!

Hinek, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Should I uninstall windows 10 to previous version?

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

As you are facing issue with Movie Maker, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key, type Control Panel
      and select the same from the list.
    • Under Programs, click Uninstall a Program.
    • Locate Windows Live Essential then click
      Uninstall/Change.
    • When a window appears, select Repair all Windows Live programs.
    • Restart your computer after the repair.

Also, I would like to inform that you can go back to the previous Operating System and can use the same without any hassle. You will have 30 days of grace period from the date of upgrade to Windows 10 to go back to the previous operating System. If you have
    crossed the 30 days of grace period, then you will have to re-install the previous Operating System which will be a fresh install.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Faisal77W Win User

A previous version of vc_runtimeminimum.msi cannot be uninstalled, please help me

Cannot uninstall MSI file drivers

Hi, I am trying to install printer drivers for a customer on Windows 10.

The problem is the previous drivers were deleted / removed (it looks like someone tried to do it manually). Now the old drivers still show up in Control Panel --> Uninstall a Program but when you try to uninstall them it says the MSI file is missing so
    it cannot proceed with the uninstallation.

If I try to install the newer version, it says it cannot proceed as it can't find the uninstaller of the previous version. We actually have managed to find the installer files of the previous version (out of the box files that is). But not sure if these
    will help us uninstall it or not.

I have tried CCleaner but it brings up the same installer pop-up of the missing MSI file. I then tried RevoUninstaller and get the same error, it did bring up hundreds of files from it's analysis after the failed uninstall, I had the option to delete them
    but there was a lot of registries there and stuff so I was a little worried it may damage the install/uninstall permanently if I did so.

So I'm not sure what to do now, shall I try RevoUninstaller or does anyone have any suggestions?

Faisal77W, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

1. A previous version of vc_runtimeminimum.msi cannot be uninstalled, please help me - Similar Threads - previous version vc_runtimeminimum

2. How to uninstall updates to previous version of Office?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to uninstall updates to previous version of Office?: I used to have Office 2013, but I recently upgraded to Office 2019. However, these updates still seem to remain.They don't appear in the uninstall updates section. So how would I be able to uninstall them?I have Windows 10 Home 21H1 19043.1151...
  3. Please help me uninstall LDplayer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please help me uninstall LDplayer: i installed LDPlayer on my pc but it wont uninstall and my restore point i made wont work so idk what to do here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/please-help-me-uninstall-ldplayer/87824b66-fd5a-45d3-adb9-7172b17e9b51
  4. Cannot remove previous versions of windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot remove previous versions of windows: Hello there, I recently reset my PC. After a few hours I realized the Windows.old folder was taking up a lot of space on my hard drive I tried go to settings>storage>temporary files and the option for "Previous versions of Windows" does not appear Then I tried to delete...
  5. Please Help Me Identify This Windows Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Please Help Me Identify This Windows Version: I need help identifying this Windows logo. Is this Windows 10? Also, was this version available in December 2017? Many thanks. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-identify-this-windows-version/57239d54-e7e6-4a17-a598-640aea7d8860
  6. Help me uninstall Cloudware PLEASE!!!!

in Cortana
    Help me uninstall Cloudware PLEASE!!!!: I am so annoyed! I wake up this morning and start using my computer and all of a sudden it takes about 15 seconds to navigate to a news media site to read an article! I was using Google Chrome, so decided to use another browser and see if it still happened. It did....
  7. How to Uninstall Previous Versions of .NET Core?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Uninstall Previous Versions of .NET Core?: I have installed the latest versions of .NET Core to fill in my free space of my hard drive, so I want to uninstall the previous versions of .NET Core. SDK, Windows Server, and so on. 1.x.x, 2.x.x, 3.x.x, and so on....
  8. Cannot get back to the previous version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot get back to the previous version: I tried to get back to the previous Windows 10 version using Settings. But my computer cannot get to the login screen. Recommend a fix. Thank you sir...
  9. Help me uninstall this.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me uninstall this.: Got a notification from my Action Center. Don't know how it got installed. I certainly did not do that. I cannot find it anywhere in my computer. So, how do I uninstall it ? [img] 124153
  10. Please help me remove a leftover of an uninstalled app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help me remove a leftover of an uninstalled app: Please help me remove this leftover "item/registry junk" or whatever it is, from the "How do you want to open this file?" apps list. I uninstalled that software, but it is still in the list for opening my BDMV, M2TS, MPLS files. The wierd "leftover" just shows a location of...