Windows 10: A problem installing win 10 pro

Discus and support A problem installing win 10 pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having a Win 10 Pro 64 bit install problem in a Toshiba Satellite model L455-S5000 laptop. I pulled out the 250gb SATA HD (loaded with Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by reble, May 4, 2021.

1. reble Win User

A problem installing win 10 pro

I am having a Win 10 Pro 64 bit install problem in a Toshiba Satellite model L455-S5000 laptop. I pulled out the 250gb SATA HD (loaded with Win 10 home) out of the Toshiba and installed a 500GB SATA HD. The 500GB HD has been wiped clean. The Win 10 Pro install starts ok and go's ok up to the 1st time Win has to reboot. At this point Win restarts the laptop. Then Win restarts the install as if the HD has been completely wiped clean again and asks for the product key again. I have wiped the HD clean and restarted the install 5 times. No change. I am in the middle rearranging my apt and I can't find my Win 10 Home USB flash drive. To find out if the Win 10 Pro USB flash drive has a problem in it.

:)

reble, May 4, 2021

2. Reloading - retrieving my installed WIN 10 PRO

Thanks for the quick and detail response. Just to make sure I understand your procedure, here are the steps I will do:

1. Download Win10586PESE-x64 v16.07.07 (new) ISO and burn to a DVD.

2. Place DVD in computer and power ON boot from DVD
    3. Run Macrium Reflect. Under the restore menu will be a utility to fix Windows startup problems. Try that utility to see if that restores booting to Windows 10
    4. When Windows startup utility finishes, remove DVD and power OFF computer
    5. Power ON and see if WIN 10 boots.
    6. If WIN 10 boots, check for normal operation, etc.
    7. If WIN 10 does not boot; re-install full WIN 7 disk image.
    8. Download and save Windows 10 ISO file tofolder on C:\ drive
    9. Down load and save:WinISO file on C:\ drive.
    10. Run and install WinISO according to http://www.winiso.com/support/tutorials/mount-iso-in-windows7.html" target="_blank" rel="noopener">
      [*]Run WinISO, open the Windows 10 ISO file stored on C:\. I assume there will be some type of BROWSE menu so you can select the Windows 10 ISO file?
      [*] Click "Mount" and a file menu of the files in the Windows 10 ISO file will appear.
      [*]Double click to Run setup.exe.from the WINDOWS 10 ISO file menu
      [*]This should upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 10 - This same procedure as the “Free” upgrade from WIN 7 PRO to WIN 10 PRO. When finished WIN 10 PRO will be installed and ALL WIN 7 PRO program files, drivers, printers and data files from WIN 7 PRO will be available for use. To be explicit this is an install of WIN 10 PRO and a “TRANSFER/ UPGRADE of WIN 7 PRO program files, drivers, printers and data files. This is NOT a CLEAN INSTALL of WIN 10 PRO

JUST WANT TO MAKE MAKE SURE I UNDERSTAND THE EXPECTED RESULTS

1. The newly created WIN 10 PRO install should activate based upon your previously activated upgrade. I assume the setup program will access some Microsoft data base and find my previous activation?

Please excuse the long list, but I find it better to ask questions now, rather than try to unwind some misunderstanding later.

I do appreciate your time and support!

Thanks

krazykat tenf, May 4, 2021
  3. reble Win User

I am having a Win 10 Pro 64 bit install problem in a Toshiba Satellite model L455-S5000 laptop. I pulled out the 250gb SATA HD (loaded with Win 10 home) out of the Toshiba and installed a 500GB SATA HD.
    The 500GB HD has been wiped clean. The Win 10 Pro install starts ok and go's ok up to the 1st time Win has to reboot. At this point Win restarts the laptop. Then Win restarts the install as if the HD has been completely wiped clean again and asks for the product key again. I have wiped the HD clean and restarted the install 5 times. No change. I am in the middle rearranging my apt and I can't find my Win 10 Home USB flash drive. To find out if the Win 10 Pro USB flash drive has a problem in it.

reble, May 4, 2021
  4. A problem installing win 10 pro

Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. A problem installing win 10 pro - Similar Threads - problem installing pro

2. Problems activating Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems activating Win 10 Pro: HiI built a machine and installed Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.I have my 25 character activation keyThat machine died, I built a new one.I entered the activation key when I installed Windows but I'm not activated.Version is Windows 10 Pro 22H2.I feel like I've been...
  3. Problems activating Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems activating Win 10 Pro: HiI built a machine and installed Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.I have my 25 character activation keyThat machine died, I built a new one.I entered the activation key when I installed Windows but I'm not activated.Version is Windows 10 Pro 22H2.I feel like I've been...
  4. Problems activating Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A problem with win 10 Pro desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    A problem with win 10 Pro desktop: This is on a Gateway laptop model NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Pro 64 bit. I am on my Sony backup laptop because I clicked on something in the in the notifications box on the right side of task bar to the right of the clock that has screwed up the Gateways desktop so bad that I...
  6. Win 10 install problem

Win 10 install problem: My problem is: I bought a product key online. I followed the instructions, downloaded win 10. Toshiba Satellite laptop, original win 7 home. When installing from either ISO or USB, I get the following error: 0x800700B7-0x2000E Installation failed during SAFE OS phase,...
  7. Win 10 installation problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 installation problem: Hey, I have a toshiba satellite computer. a week ago the computer got into the automatic repair loop. After trying some methods i understood that my only option is to clean install win 10 again. So, i used Rufus to make a bootable usb and when the installation got atarted i...
  8. Win 10 PRO activation problem

Win 10 PRO activation problem: I have a digital license for win 10 home. I accidently upgraded to PRO during all the Microsoft free win 10 upgrades. I thought I was "updating". Now I can't activate PRO. Is there anything I can do? Can I download win 10 Home someplace? Thanks, Ed...
  9. Win 10 Pro activation problem

Win 10 Pro activation problem: My laptop was affected recently when a number of Win 10 Pro users started seeing a watermark telling them that their OS needed to be activated. After I discovered that the warning on my screen resulted from a Microsoft mistake, I figured Microsoft would fix it, but it’s been...
  10. Problem with screenshots on Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with screenshots on Win 10 Pro: Hello everybody, I've been using Windows 10 Pro (version 1607) for over a month and for some reason after a recent update I am NOT able to take screenshots of the active window using Alt + PrintScreen key combination (like before the update), instead I have to use Win +...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toshiba L455-s5000 satellite version 1607 how many i desktop window 10 pro