Windows 10: A Problem is preventing Troubleshooter from starting . . .

Discus and support A Problem is preventing Troubleshooter from starting . . . in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Yesterday I got an abrupt warning that my network troubleshooter was being prevented from running. Further investigation revealed the suggestion that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Muirén, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Muirén Win User

A Problem is preventing Troubleshooter from starting . . .

Yesterday I got an abrupt warning that my network troubleshooter was being prevented from running. Further investigation revealed the suggestion that my network administrator had blocked its use. When I logged into my MS account I was given a new option of my Personal Account or Administrator Account, with both showing the same email address. I tried using the Admin Account to login and it bounced me back to the login after a moment. I checked my systems and found no alien accounts that have been setup.

Have I got . . .

• Been Hacked?
    • Undetected Malware Infestation?
    • Run afoul of an MS Update that caused weirdness?

While reaching out to the MS Answer community, I also ran a full scan with a licensed copy of Kaspersky which found nothing.

Help please,

I've running Win 10 Pro 64

Version 1903

OS Build 18362.356

Screen Captures following . . .

A Problem is preventing Troubleshooter from starting . . . 44a2e826-f934-4e16-a998-8c99f45af922?upload=true.png

Here is something else blocked, On Screen Keyboard, ****?!?!?

A Problem is preventing Troubleshooter from starting . . . 0bef20cb-ed23-411c-b210-69b6d1e24aef?upload=true.png

:)

Muirén, Oct 3, 2019

2. A problem is preventing troubleshooting

ERROR CODE: 0x80070490 - HOW TO SOLVE THIS.

Unable to troubleshoot. Getting msg : A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting.

MOHAMMEDABDULKHADER, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Rose Ter Win User

A problem is preventing troubleshooting

Hi Mohammed,

For us to isolate the issue about the error 0x80070490 that you have on your computer, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• What task are you trying to perform when you encounter the error message?
    • What basic troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Since when are you experiencing the issue?
    • Is it possible for you to send us screenshots?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. A Problem is preventing Troubleshooter from starting . . . - Similar Threads - Problem preventing Troubleshooter

2. An error occurred while troubleshooting: a problem is preventing the troubleshooter from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An error occurred while troubleshooting: a problem is preventing the troubleshooter from...: I'm trying to clean reinstall AMD chipset drivers and I can't open this troubleshooter.Windows was repaired with the freshly-created media USB-drive;Tried DISM and sfc;Tried to scan disk C;Local Group policies are fine;TEMP folder path is fine....
  3. An error occurred while troubleshooting: a problem is preventing the troubleshooter from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An error occurred while troubleshooting: a problem is preventing the troubleshooter from...: I'm trying to clean reinstall AMD chipset drivers and I can't open this troubleshooter.Windows was repaired with the freshly-created media USB-drive;Tried DISM and sfc;Tried to scan disk C;Local Group policies are fine;TEMP folder path is fine....
  4. An error occurred while troubleshooting: a problem is preventing the troubleshooter from...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Troubleshooting "This app is preventing shutdown"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting "This app is preventing shutdown": Oftentimes when I shut down my PC, I get the Closing N apps and shutting down screen. It looks like this: example 1, example 2, example 3. After a while the PC shuts down automatically.Is there a log created of this event?How to find the path to the app, that is preventing...
  6. Troubleshooting "This app is preventing shutdown"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshooting "This app is preventing shutdown": Oftentimes when I shut down my PC, I get the Closing N apps and shutting down screen. It looks like this: example 1, example 2, example 3. After a while the PC shuts down automatically.Is there a log created of this event?How to find the path to the app, that is preventing...
  7. wsappx preventing windows from starting

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    wsappx preventing windows from starting: Problem: When wsappx is running at startup Windows 10 does not start properly. After log in, the wait icon is displayed on the screen and the start bar flickers on and off. Does anyone have any recommendations? I do use MS store, specifically for the XBox Gamepass, with...
  8. KB5004331 prevents pc from properly starting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5004331 prevents pc from properly starting: After KB5004331 installed, my PC starts but then comes to a point where the wheel keeps spinning. When you hover over Taskbar, the wheel over the Taskbar also keeps spinning.. and that's that. Right-click on Desktop works, but you can't start any software.My PC starts in Safe...
  9. an error occured while troubleshooting,a problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    an error occured while troubleshooting,a problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting: an error occurred while troubleshooting,a problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting,error code 0x800B0003,please help me to fix it...
  10. Windows 10 cannot update & troubleshooter is prevented from starting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 cannot update & troubleshooter is prevented from starting: Hi, I cannot seem to get past this one... My last update was 4 March 2019. I tried to update the system yesterday and got the "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toshiba wifi trouble shooter is being prevented from starting