Windows 10: A problem occurred during BitLocker setup

Discus and support A problem occurred during BitLocker setup in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]You may encounter the error message A problem occurred during BitLocker setup when attempting […] This article A problem occurred during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 14, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

A problem occurred during BitLocker setup

WinClub, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

problem with bitlocker

Hi Roeslie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We need some more details to help you find the solution to your problem.

• Which edition of Windows 10 is installed on your surface machine?
    • Did you notice any changes on the computer recently?
    • When you say, you have a problem with your Surface machine about BitLocker key, do you mean that the surface machine asks you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to sign into Windows?
    • Does the other computer ask you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to access the files saved on it?

If you are being asked to enter a BitLocker key to sign into your surface machine and you don’t remember your BitLocker key, you can follow the instructions given in the link below to find the BitLocker recovery key.

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Need Help in BitLocker deployment Step by Step

Dear All,

We are planning to deploy to deploy Windows 10 BitLocker in our organization. Could you please anyone help me with step by step deployment from the scratch.

1. What are the requirement?
    2. How to setup BitLocker management server?
    3. What are the per-cautions and best practices?
    Thanks in well advance for brief guide.

Best Regards

Faisal

Faisal_Raza, Jan 14, 2021
  4. A problem occurred during BitLocker setup

BitLocker key cannot unlock the disk. Neither can i reinstall cause the drive is blocked

Hi Havard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you try to unlock the drive using the Bitlocker application in Windows 10?
    • If yes, did you get any error message while trying that?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try unlocking the drive using the Bitlocker facility available in Windows 10 and check if you are able to unlock it successfully. If you are getting any error message with says “Application not found”, then I would suggest you
    to refer the article provided in the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

Method 2:

I would suggest that you try the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps resolve your issue.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following link to view the article “How to back up and restore
    the registry in Windows” from the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

(Applies to Windows 10)

For more information regarding BitLocker, you may refer the article "BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" from this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507.aspx

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

A problem occurred during BitLocker setup

1. A problem occurred during BitLocker setup - Similar Threads - problem occurred during

2. Can bitlocker create problems during upgrades or updates?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can bitlocker create problems during upgrades or updates?: Hello,I posting to see how medium to large organizations that utilize bitlocker are able to not worry about updates or upgrades with bitlocker.Is there a common management process that allows for this to function consistently? Can updates / upgrades be automated with...
  3. Wifi not an option during setup?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi not an option during setup?: Hey there! I'm building my first PC, and I'm basically finished, but during the initial setup Windows asked me to connect to the internet to update everything. The only option they gave was Ethernet, and I don't have access to an Ethernet port in this room. I continued...
  4. Shutdown unexpectedly during setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown unexpectedly during setup: https://reddit.com/link/gvi4sw/video/fjtuqtuawk251/player submitted by /u/Disc0nected [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvi4sw/shutdown_unexpectedly_during_setup/
  5. Puzzling problems that only occur during certain times of day.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Puzzling problems that only occur during certain times of day.: Why can't I open email attachments or videos between mid morning and late afternoon? My secondary computer is OK and it seems to me that someone or something is has infected my desktop. Several months ago when i installed Add Blocker Ultimate, my computer went berserk, not...
  6. DirectX Setup: An internal error occurred.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX Setup: An internal error occurred.: New computer, trying to install + play some games, when they always refuse to boot due to directX not being set up. one of the errors states "The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_43.dll was not found". However, attempting to install directX gives the error " An...
  7. error during initial setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error during initial setup: One Drive shows a blank screen during the initial setup of my newly purchased Surface Pro 6. I turned on the laptop and went to the part about OneDrive, pressed Next but the screen went blank. I tried to click the back arrow to choose “Only save files on this PC”, but the...
  8. An error occured during the installation of assembly__...

in Windows 10 Customization
    An error occured during the installation of assembly__...: Hello, I'm coming to you for help today because I have a problem. I want to install the game for Windows Live and Visual C ++ 2008 redistributable but I have the error "An error occurred while installing assembly__" Microsoft.VC90.CRT, version = "9.0.21022.8", publickeyToken...
  9. Crash during initial setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash during initial setup: Here is a screen I got during an installation on a VirtualBox installation. Attachment 10284 Any suggestions? Snarks*Cool 3522
  10. Epson V550 driver installation "An error occurred during setup"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson V550 driver installation "An error occurred during setup": Hi, I've repeatedly attempted this, but always get An error occurred during setup. Restart your computer, then run setup again. This is an all too typical message you can find associated with many Epson products. I've tried: Clean boot Safe mode (install enabled)...