Windows 10: A Problem occurred while creating the recovery drive

Discus and support A Problem occurred while creating the recovery drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am unable to create recovery drive recently. Below are the details: Windows 10 Pen drive used: 64 GB Antivirus uninstallation also did not help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MainakBandyopadhyay, Sep 24, 2020.

1. A Problem occurred while creating the recovery drive

I am unable to create recovery drive recently. Below are the details:

Windows 10

Pen drive used: 64 GB

Antivirus uninstallation also did not help

System file check is normal.

- What can be the reason ?

:)

MainakBandyopadhyay, Sep 24, 2020

2. Help! Failure trying to create a recovery drive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while creating the recovery drive on Widows 10 with error: "We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.", we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of the recovery partition is not created during Windows setup, and will be unavailable for Windows to access and use for the purposes of copying recovery files to a CD or USB, resulting in the error above.

To fix the problem explained above, it is necessary to copy the appropriate files from the Windows 10 DVD to your PC, so that Windows can access and use them to create the recovery drive. Then, the recovery agent is configured with the new path to the setup
    files and the creation can proceed.

Refer: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Follow the below steps:

• Copy the contents of the Windows DVD to a folder on your C:\ drive.
    • Launch an elevated command prompt window by typing in “cmd” in the search menu, and then pressing + + .
    • Type in the following to re-configure Windows to point to the correct setup files location:
    • reagentc /disable
    • reagentc /setosimage /path C:\Win10\
    • reagentc /enable
    4. Verify the commands worked by typing in the following:

• reagentc /info

Later, I suggest you to try creating the recovery drive as suggested in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Creating a recovery drive

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 24, 2020
  3. MarkDemma Win User
    Error: we can't create the recovery drive A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive

Hello,

I'm trying to create a recovery drive and I'm getting an ambiguous error: "we can't create the recovery drive A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive". I'm using a 16gb USB flash drive.

There's nothing wrong with my PC at the moment but I'd really like to have a recovery drive handy in the event something does go wrong.

I've checked other articles with the same error and have not found a resolution. for example: we can't create the recovery drive windows 10

The proposed steps in that did not help:

Follow the steps to Run
    DISM Commands:

1) Press Windows + x on your keyboard.

2) Select Command prompt (Admin) to open
    Administrator Command Prompt .

3) In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Still an issue.

I've also scanned for system file issues using sfc/scannow from the CMD utility, still no luck.

What do I need to do to resolve this error and get a viable recovery drive created?

Thanks in advance!

MarkDemma, Sep 24, 2020
  4. A Problem occurred while creating the recovery drive

creating a recovery drive!

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

To better understand the issue please let us know

• What exactly happens when you try to create a Recovery drive ?
    • Do you receive any error message ?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and see if It helps to resolve the issue.

Creating a recovery drive

A recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won't start. To create one, all you need is a USB drive.

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected, then select
      Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, then select Next > Create. A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it's finished, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link, then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

A Problem occurred while creating the recovery drive

1. A Problem occurred while creating the recovery drive - Similar Threads - Problem occurred while

2. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive": The pic says "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive", in italian :'It's important to notice that I get this message as soon as I click on "next" in the first window of the "Create a recovery drive" program, meaning that I...
  3. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive": The pic says "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive", in italian :'It's important to notice that I get this message as soon as I click on "next" in the first window of the "Create a recovery drive" program, meaning that I...
  4. "Can't create a recovery drive - There has been a problem while creating the recovery drive"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. A problem occurred when creating the recovery drive.

A problem occurred when creating the recovery drive.: I am trying to install Windows onto a new SSD that I bought. I keep getting this same message when I try to create a recovery drive. It gets through everything fine and even starts downloading the files for the recovery drive on the usb drive. However, it stops about 1/4 of...
  6. We can’t create the recovery drive, A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive

in Windows 10 News
    We can’t create the recovery drive, A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive: [ATTACH]If when you attempt to create a recovery drive using a USB drive on your Windows 10 computer but receive the error message – We can’t […] This article We can’t create the recovery drive, A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive first appeared on...
  7. a problem occurred while creating the recovery drive

a problem occurred while creating the recovery drive: So apparently I keep getting this message "there was a problem creating the recovery drive" only whenever "back up system files" is checked.. without it checked everything is fine. I went through the sfc scan, and the other scan that most people use, and factory resetted my...
  8. When creating a recovery drive in Windows 10 I get error message "a problem occurred while...

When creating a recovery drive in Windows 10 I get error message "a problem occurred while...: I get the message "A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive." I am using a new laptop and Windows 10. I have tried multiple USB drives and sizes recommended and greater. I would like to create a Recovery Drive....
  9. Problem in creating usb recovery drive

Problem in creating usb recovery drive: I am not able to create the recovery drive on my PC running Windows 10, through the preinstalled recovery drive tool. Each time it gives me a failure message after 10-15 minutes of working. How can I create the usb recovery drive now? Someone please help. Thanks...
  10. Problems creating a recovery drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems creating a recovery drive: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Andrewmorris197 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4e7y9/problems_creating_a_recovery_drive/