Windows 10: a problem with 2 of my USB plug in devices

Discus and support a problem with 2 of my USB plug in devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is on my Dell Inspiron 15-3541 laptop, OS Win 10 home 64bit. I just turned on the laptop, went through the normal Win startup and the normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reble, Jun 15, 2019.

1. reble Win User

a problem with 2 of my USB plug in devices

This is on my Dell Inspiron 15-3541 laptop, OS Win 10 home 64bit. I just turned on the laptop, went through the normal Win startup and the normal things that Win does loading drivers and so on. When that is done and the desktop is up. I turn on the external power for the 2nd optical drive and the 2nd HDD, both in USB cases. I then plug in the USB hub that they are plug into along with my b/w laserjet printer. This setup has been working just fine for a long time.

This time the optical drive and the HDD in the external cases aren't responding. The red led on each case that shows that the external 5vdc is on is lit up. but they don't respond. I tried each device direct into the USB port, bypassing the USB hub. The optical drive and the HDD still don't respond. But the b/w laserjet printer does respond just fine, so that tells me that there is no problem with the USB port it self. I also tried the printer through the USB hub and it worked there also. So that tells me that the hub is working. Now when I plug in the USB cable for the optical drive and for the HDD without the external 5vdc turned on the red led is on on each case.
    I am out of ideas, I have tried everything that I know. By the way I am typing this post on the Dell laptop in question. So that rules out a problem with the laptop it self as far as I know.

Steve

:)

reble, Jun 15, 2019
  2. axe0 Win User

BSOD driver_corrupted_expool plugging in USB device

Hi Wendelly,

As you say it is from your USB ports, but I have 2 questions regarding this.

1. Does a BSOD occur with every (should working) device you're trying to connect via USB?
    2. Does a BSOD occur when a device is connected on different USB ports?

3. USB problems

checked all of those suggestions an still no luck. They show as being there and enabled but doesnt recognize anything you plug into them. I got a driver checker as well and it lists the drivers as up to date. could this be a bad motherboard?

tommys2827, Jun 15, 2019
  4. a problem with 2 of my USB plug in devices

USB problem

I have difficulty booting up computer at usb ports detecting and I think of my webcam cause it.
    The computer boot screen is having a big delay it freeze for 30 or 60 seconds at the usb scanning step. Sometimes in Windows it says Unknown hardware at windows opening. Could it be my usb ports that begin to sucks or my webcam is having trouble ? (No other usb devices plugged other than wireless usb key for keyboard-mouse combo)

MohawkAngel, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

a problem with 2 of my USB plug in devices

1. a problem with 2 of my USB plug in devices - Similar Threads - problem USB plug

2. My USB device is not working when I plug it in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB device is not working when I plug it in.: I know it is not a USB issue because I've used multiple other USBs and they also don't work. I hear the sound that a USB is in use but I don't see the USB in file explorer. After a while I hear the USB disconnect then reconnect again....
  3. My USB device is not working when I plug it in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB device is not working when I plug it in.: I know it is not a USB issue because I've used multiple other USBs and they also don't work. I hear the sound that a USB is in use but I don't see the USB in file explorer. After a while I hear the USB disconnect then reconnect again....
  4. My USB device is not working when I plug it in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB device not recognized when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized when plugged in: When i plug in a usb stick into my laptop it makes a noise as though it knows it's there but won't display the contents. I've looked a loads of you tube videos which didn't solve the problem but i have noticed that I have a generic USB hub file listed under Universal Serial...
  6. USB device not recognized when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognized when plugged in: When i plug in a usb stick into my laptop it makes a noise as though it knows it's there but won't display the contents. I've looked a loads of you tube videos which didn't solve the problem but i have noticed that I have a generic USB hub file listed under Universal Serial...
  7. BSOD after Plugging in USB device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Plugging in USB device: So it happened just yesterday, but some symptoms did appeared before. Windows 10 home intel core i7-7700HQ @2.80GHz 64bit 1. 3 days ago, my computer started to lag eventhough my ram is 24 gb 2. last night, when I tried to plug my usb32 gb flash drive for documents and...
  8. Device plugged into USB is not detected by laptop

Device plugged into USB is not detected by laptop: I have plugged my MP3 player into the USB socket but is not being detected by my Windows 10 laptop. Please can you help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-plugged-into-usb-is-not-detected-by-laptop/23a0dee5-c240-4c51-b487-4f4318303047
  9. my -2 usb pnp sound device

my -2 usb pnp sound device: Hello ! Afther the last update for windows 10 my usb sound card has stopped working .. i am using it because my jack's port are fried. Any solutions to make my usb sound card working ? i tried a lot of solutions searching the internet but nothing so far this is why i am...
  10. USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in

USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in: Just built a new gaming rig Sunday, haven't had a lot of time to mess around with it but Monday night and Tuesday morning the only issues I had were with some slow networking. Tuesday evening a new problem cropped up - constant USB device connected/disconnected sounds,...