Windows 10: a problem with firefox been the default browser

Discus and support a problem with firefox been the default browser in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is on my Dell laptop OS Win 10 Home 64bit. Every time I start Firefox, Firefox asks if "I want Firefox to be the default browser", see the 1st... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by reble, May 4, 2019.

1. reble Win User

a problem with firefox been the default browser

This is on my Dell laptop OS Win 10 Home 64bit. Every time I start Firefox, Firefox asks if "I want Firefox to be the default browser", see the 1st screen capture attachment bellow.
    I click yes and the default app window opens up. See the 2nd screen capture attachment bellow.
    Firefox isn't in the list of app's to be selected as the default browser. What do I do?

Steve

The attachments are in the wrong order, #2 screen capture is the top picture.

:)

reble, May 4, 2019

2. Problems with Win10 and option to make Firefox default browser.....

Howdy RA,

First of all, thank you for your quick response!

I had stated in my original post that the options of trying to set Firefox browser as the default program for internet browsing has failed in all ways I have tried.

Just to make mention, my PC does not respond to the command of Windows key+X. No clue as to why not.

However, I opened the Control Panel and proceeded from there in your instructions.

These instructions seem to be another way to click settings, default apps, web browser, etc. I end up with the same windows options box.

Here are more details as to what has been done by me, thus far to resolve this issue:

1) I mentioned previously that I had tried to set Firefox by way of settings: through the browser itself, which takes me to settings, default apps and choose the web browser

This way failed because Firefox is not in the options list to choose from. (You will see this in the screenshot in my original post.)

2) I have tried to set Firefox by way of settings, choose default apps by
    file type and choosing html/htm and Firefox is not in the options to choose list.

Only the same 4 browser options are listed as the options, as seen in the screenshot in my original posting.

3) The third way I tried was by way of settings, choose default apps
    by protocol and once again, Firefox is not in the options to choose list.

4) I have also tried by settings, system, default apps, and scrolling down and clicking on
    reset in which all apps have to be manually reset, like from scratch in Win10 and Firefox still cannot be found in the list of browser apps to choose from.

(Extra work on my end for nothing, but still had to try it, just in case it might work.)

I have enclosed a screenshot of what I get when trying through the Control Panel way (your instructions) to set Firefox as my default web browser:

a problem with firefox been the default browser 1424c815-8e91-4e28-b5e3-85e3f0519dac.jpg

So, I have updated this forum as to the steps taken and yet still no success as to this issue.

Thanks again and still waiting for steps to fix it!

JEMMMARTIN, May 4, 2019
  3. How do I make Firefox my default browser on a Windows 10 laptop

Step 5 is incorrect; when I go to choose an app, the only choices are Edge, IE, or Chrome; Firefox is not listed.

BruceEmory, May 4, 2019
  4. a problem with firefox been the default browser

Cant set FireFox as my default browser

1. Re-do the steps (default programs) and set Firefox as the default.

2. Double-click a URL file to test if the default browser is correctly set.

3. If in Step 2 you find the default browser is correctly set, then configure Firefox
    not to do the default browser check during startup, if such an option is available.

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 4, 2019
Thema:

a problem with firefox been the default browser

1. a problem with firefox been the default browser - Similar Threads - problem firefox been

2. a problem with the firefox browser

in Browsers and Email
    a problem with the firefox browser: This is on a Gateway laptop model NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Home 64 bit. When I boot up the laptop and the desktop comes up. Random programs that are installed on my C: HD will pop up on the desktop without me clicking on those programs to open them up. I screen captured one of...
  3. How to set Firefox as the default browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set Firefox as the default browser?: I noticed Firefox is no longer listed as a choice for my default browser. I'm old school. I know. [ATTACH] Anyone know of a workaround? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-firefox-as-the-default-browser/f073b2eb-2699-49a4-90a8-ccf381b41cb0
  4. how set Firefox as default web browser

how set Firefox as default web browser: Although I have it loaded, it doesn't show up as an option in the default app or in the "choose default app" section. Plus, I even have trouble loading it. I realize they'd rather I not use it, but I'd sure like the choice....
  5. downloading firefox for default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading firefox for default browser: I just got this laptop literally an hour ago. I want to install firefox as my default browser. it says I can't do it because I am in "s" mode and need to get an app from the Microsoft store. I can't find the app. I don't want internet explorer as my browser. can someone...
  6. Can't make FireFox default browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't make FireFox default browser?: Every time I start FireFox I'm presented with a dialog asking if I want to make it my default browser. Yes I do!! I am brought to the screen which lets me choose a browser, but FireFox isn't among the choices. I choose to search for another browser and I'm brought to the...
  7. a problem with firefox been the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    a problem with firefox been the default browser: This is on my Dell laptop OS Win 10 Home 64bit. Every time I start Firefox, Firefox asks if "I want Firefox to be the default browser", see the 1st screen capture attachment bellow. I click yes and the default app window opens up. See the 2nd screen capture attachment bellow....
  8. Firefox not showing as default browser?

Firefox not showing as default browser?: So....I have tried everything (trust me I really have) and I've searched through numerous forums. This issue is just appallingly bad, and it seems to me that it is a deliberate attempt to force me to use browsers that Microsoft wants me to use...rather than what I CHOOSE....
  9. I want Firefox as default browser

in Browsers and Email
    I want Firefox as default browser: I have tried many things and looked for tutorial but I'm still lost. I keep telling Firefox to be my default browser and it doesn't keep the settings. I keep going back to I.E. I go into Firefox and select use as my default browser and that doesn't work. I'm using...
  10. Can Not Set Firefox as Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Can Not Set Firefox as Default Browser: I've been able to set Firefox as my default browser before, but recently after reinstalling FireFox, Wi10 is simply not allowing me to set a default browser at all (other than default - Edge). wMeEdfGBsTk 51099

Users found this page by searching for:

1. want firefox to be default