Windows 10: A problem with my High Definition Audio Device

Discus and support A problem with my High Definition Audio Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For the last couple of weeks I've been having a problem with the audio and sound with my laptop. The audio started getting really low and bad. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IsaacBlack123, May 4, 2020.

1. A problem with my High Definition Audio Device

For the last couple of weeks I've been having a problem with the audio and sound with my laptop. The audio started getting really low and bad. I couldn't hear anything. My microphone works perfect but the speaker seems to be the problem.

I did a troubleshot and it said that there was a problem with my Generic Audio Driver.

It also mentioned Microsoft HD Audio Driver.

I tried updating my drivers but it said that my drivers are already updated.

:)

IsaacBlack123, May 4, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Not Working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update the driver and check if the issue persist.

Follow the steps to Update the driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    • Select the Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Select the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
    • Select the option “let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer”.
    • Select the High Definition Audio Device instead of IDT High Definition" And click next.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, May 4, 2020
  3. NVIDIA High Definition Audio problem

My desktop, HP Omen #870-119 have the driver problem in Device Manager and show with an exclamation mark on that line. I was going to uninstall NVIDIA High Definition Audio in Device Manager also I have the other driver, Realtek High Definition Audio too. The Realtek High Definition Audio driver is working properly but not NVIDIA High Definition Audio driver. But I was told by someone that I have to change in BIOS to have Realtek High Defintion Audio in Sound. And I have no idea which key command get into BIOS on my HP Omen #870-119. Also my graphic card is ZOTAC Geforce GTX 1050TI 4GB and is working with no problem. So what is your suggestion about to uninstall NVIDIA High Definition Driver from Device Manager or in program? Oh one more thing is about my operating system and is Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64X version 1909.

Thank you,

John

imcanadian, May 4, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

A problem with my High Definition Audio Device

High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

Hi Davide

The High Definition Audio drivers are built into Windows already

Right click that device in Device Manager, choose 'Update Driver

Then choose 'Browse my computer for Driver Software' - 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers'

If you do not see the default High Definition Audio device, untick 'Show Compatible Hardware'

On the left, select Microsoft, then on the right scroll down to find 'High Definition Audio Device Version 10.0. . . . .

DaveM121, May 4, 2020
Thema:

A problem with my High Definition Audio Device

1. A problem with my High Definition Audio Device - Similar Threads - problem High Definition

2. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High definition audio device: I have been trying to update my HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE DRIVER. However the following message pops up - windows found drives for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. This device cannot startcode 10.How do I go about this....
  3. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High definition audio device: I have been trying to update my HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE DRIVER. However the following message pops up - windows found drives for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. This device cannot startcode 10.How do I go about this....
  4. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my high definition audio device is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my high definition audio device is not working: I was working with my pc, suddenly I wasn't able to hear anything, my outcoming sound fixed by restarting but my mic is not working now. these are what i've done till now:I updated my audio drivers I used the troubleshoot but it didn't work I used the "rollback" button in the...
  6. my high definition audio device is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my high definition audio device is not working: I was working with my pc, suddenly I wasn't able to hear anything, my outcoming sound fixed by restarting but my mic is not working now. these are what i've done till now:I updated my audio drivers I used the troubleshoot but it didn't work I used the "rollback" button in the...
  7. my high definition audio device is not working

8. MEDIA - High Definition Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MEDIA - High Definition Audio Device: Hi,I have got a Laptop from a friend of mine back in Oct 2021 an it did have windows 10 on it an the computer couldn't handle it so I was able to get it back to Windows 8.1 that's not the problem that I am having with the Laptop..I have got a MEDIA - High Definition Audio...
  9. high definition audio device

high definition audio device: Hello, I have tried for days. Everytime I get a windows update my sound is shut off. I have tried a dozen times to download "high defintion audio device" but it will not show up in device manager under sound to install it. Any advice?...
  10. High definition audio problem

High definition audio problem: Hi I have old Dell Latitude E4300 laptop (include Intel Mobile Intel 4 series express chipset family) with Windows 10. It has work fine, however last summer I start to have a problem with audio and video. Both works but every two or three seonds video freeze for half a...