Windows 10: a problem with the firefox browser

Discus and support a problem with the firefox browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is on a Gateway laptop model NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Home 64 bit. When I boot up the laptop and the desktop comes up. Random programs that are... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by reble, Jul 6, 2020.

1. reble Win User

a problem with the firefox browser

This is on a Gateway laptop model NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Home 64 bit. When I boot up the laptop and the desktop comes up. Random programs that are installed on my C: HD will pop up on the desktop without me clicking on those programs to open them up. I screen captured one of them and posted here. It isn't a great big problem. It falls in the category of been annoying. How do I fix this?

https://www.tenforums.com/images/attach/jpg.gif

BTW what is in the screen capture, I have no idea as to how it got there. I am not into that type of junk.

:)

reble, Jul 6, 2020
  2. JSheridan Win User

a problem with firefox been the default browser

No I don't remember seeing it before installing Waterfox. Also, I tried uninstalling both Firefox and Waterfox and then installed Firefox, still not present on the Default Browser list.

Windows 10 1809 with the latest updates but the same problem was there in 1803. I didn't notice it before then.

I tried the suggestions in the link you provided and nothing worked except the last one with the command prompt command. That worked on the laptop that was most affected and made Firefox appear on the list and is now my default browser. a problem with the firefox browser :)

I also have a desktop which has had Firefox as the default browser forever but it doesn't show up on the Default Browser list and none of the suggestions worked to make it appear. I'm not going to mess with that one too much as Firefox is already the default browser so I'll be fine unless it somehow gets changed.

Thanks for your help. a problem with the firefox browser :)

JSheridan, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Problems with Win10 and option to make Firefox default browser.....

Howdy RA,

First of all, thank you for your quick response!

I had stated in my original post that the options of trying to set Firefox browser as the default program for internet browsing has failed in all ways I have tried.

Just to make mention, my PC does not respond to the command of Windows key+X. No clue as to why not.

However, I opened the Control Panel and proceeded from there in your instructions.

These instructions seem to be another way to click settings, default apps, web browser, etc. I end up with the same windows options box.

Here are more details as to what has been done by me, thus far to resolve this issue:

1) I mentioned previously that I had tried to set Firefox by way of settings: through the browser itself, which takes me to settings, default apps and choose the web browser

This way failed because Firefox is not in the options list to choose from. (You will see this in the screenshot in my original post.)

2) I have tried to set Firefox by way of settings, choose default apps by
    file type and choosing html/htm and Firefox is not in the options to choose list.

Only the same 4 browser options are listed as the options, as seen in the screenshot in my original posting.

3) The third way I tried was by way of settings, choose default apps
    by protocol and once again, Firefox is not in the options to choose list.

4) I have also tried by settings, system, default apps, and scrolling down and clicking on
    reset in which all apps have to be manually reset, like from scratch in Win10 and Firefox still cannot be found in the list of browser apps to choose from.

(Extra work on my end for nothing, but still had to try it, just in case it might work.)

I have enclosed a screenshot of what I get when trying through the Control Panel way (your instructions) to set Firefox as my default web browser:

a problem with the firefox browser 1424c815-8e91-4e28-b5e3-85e3f0519dac.jpg

So, I have updated this forum as to the steps taken and yet still no success as to this issue.

Thanks again and still waiting for steps to fix it!

JEMMMARTIN, Jul 6, 2020
  4. a problem with the firefox browser

How do I make Firefox my default browser on a Windows 10 laptop

Step 5 is incorrect; when I go to choose an app, the only choices are Edge, IE, or Chrome; Firefox is not listed.

BruceEmory, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

a problem with the firefox browser

1. a problem with the firefox browser - Similar Threads - problem firefox browser

2. using firefox browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using firefox browser: Why can't i use firefox as my browser instead of microsoft edge. I am more familiar with firefox. but microsoft wont let me change without the threat of cant come back after switching from S mo...
  3. using firefox browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    using firefox browser: Why can't i use firefox as my browser instead of microsoft edge. I am more familiar with firefox. but microsoft wont let me change without the threat of cant come back after switching from S mo...
  4. Better browser then firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    Better browser then firefox?: Is there a browser that 1- isn't way different 2-can use almost all FF addons 3-doesn't force u to update or remind u every day numerous times. #3 is the reason i wanna change. I don't know why but the update prompt gone from a few times a day to literally every few minutes....
  5. FireFox Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    FireFox Browser: I wish to add a picture in the body of the browser instead of color. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-browser/4dbd8dbf-bc60-4186-b6a4-00b231a23d9f
  6. a problem with firefox been the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    a problem with firefox been the default browser: This is on my Dell laptop OS Win 10 Home 64bit. Every time I start Firefox, Firefox asks if "I want Firefox to be the default browser", see the 1st screen capture attachment bellow. I click yes and the default app window opens up. See the 2nd screen capture attachment bellow....
  7. a problem with firefox been the default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a problem with firefox been the default browser: This is on my Dell laptop OS Win 10 Home 64bit. Every time I start Firefox, Firefox asks if "I want Firefox to be the default browser", see the 1st screen capture attachment bellow. I click yes and the default app window opens up. See the 2nd screen capture attachment bellow....
  8. FireFox browser glitching sometimes / browser crashing

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox browser glitching sometimes / browser crashing: I'm not really sure when this started (maybe 2 weeks ago). My browser of choice is FireFox, so I'm not really sure if this happens in other web browsers. Every so often while I am browsing or using multiple tabs, the page would glitch up. There would be black, white, or blue...
  9. Update for Firefox Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Update for Firefox Browser: [img] Firefox Update 43574
  10. firefox browser security

in Browsers and Email
    firefox browser security: hi, guys I hear browser security should be taken seriously, which top extensions/add-on's do you guys use/recommend to make Firefox really safe when I am browsing, thanks for you time guys, , 63893