Windows 10: A Problem with the Network Connection, 0 kb/s on download and upload at the same time.

Discus and support A Problem with the Network Connection, 0 kb/s on download and upload at the same time. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the title suggests, the problem concerns the connection, after a while I am connected to the network, the connection crashes randomly, without a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alca_, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Alca_ Win User

A Problem with the Network Connection, 0 kb/s on download and upload at the same time.

As the title suggests, the problem concerns the connection, after a while I am connected to the network, the connection crashes randomly, without a good reason, it can happen three times in a row in a few minutes, and then disappear for a few hours , and then start again, restarting is a temporary and unsustainable solution, it is true that it does not do it for a while, but when I have to use the PC for school or various commitments, I cannot start to restart the PC every few hours.

I updated my bios with the latest firmware, and updated to the last driver of my network card, i use ethernet connection, no wifi, and as far i know, my pc is not overclocked; here are screen of my pc hardware

A Problem with the Network Connection, 0 kb/s on download and upload at the same time. c7d96fcc-1427-4d6f-83c3-2a95be52265e?upload=true.png

A Problem with the Network Connection, 0 kb/s on download and upload at the same time. aa39ba49-6707-4ca3-b236-5d6d3a8b9cc9?upload=true.png

A Problem with the Network Connection, 0 kb/s on download and upload at the same time. 670a918d-c2ab-4f41-b778-11405f38b012?upload=true.png

:)

Alca_, Jul 14, 2020
  2. Daniel Win User

Browsing speed is fast, but download speed is 0

I'm currently using Windows 10 and netcomm nb604n router.

Problem:
    Web browsing on chrome/edge/firefox works fast, but my download speed from majority of websites start around 10kb/s and eventually (in a few minutes) decrease to 0kb/s.

Here are some example files that does this:
    https://atlas.hashicorp.com/laravel/boxes/homestead/versions/1.0.1/providers/virtualbox.box
    Git for Windows (there is a download button)

When I am downloading from utorrent, or when I installed the Unity engine through Unity's installer, my download speed was fine.

Things that I have tried:

1. Running the test on speedtest.net. It says that my download speed is 18MB/s and upload speed is 1Mb/s. Of course this doesn't demonstrate the actual speed that I'll get when downloading/uploading from a server, but my ISP is using this to say that there is no problem on their side.
    2. Taking my router, filter, and all cables to another house and downloading the same files that I couldn't download. This worked perfectly fine, so I'm guessing that my equipment is not the issue.
    3. Using both wireless and LAN on a brand new computer and an old laptop. The problem exists in all cases.
    4. Resetting and restarting the router. Did not do anything.
    5. Changing the mtu settings as suggested on Windows 7, download speeds drop to 0 kb/s and the download has to be restarted
      Unfortunately this didn't solve my issue.
    6. Calling my ISP to make sure that they weren't throttling my network. They are denying any fault on their end, and are claiming that there is something wrong with my computer or my router but refusing to provide a solution.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on what I could try to resolve this issue, please let me know!

Daniel, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Active Time 100% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s - for exactly 60 seconds

I have recently conducted a fresh reinstall of Microsoft Windows 10 Home - none of my hardware has changed.

I am getting sporadic freeze-ups of the operating system. These freeze-ups appear to last for exactly 60 seconds.

I have attempted to diagnose the issue using Task Manager- under the
    Performance tab I can see the freezes coincide with Disk 0 (CA Problem with the Network Connection, 0 kb/s on download and upload at the same time. :) hitting 100% active time - for exactly 60 seconds (I can see this because the graph is '60 seconds across').

The Active Time is 100 %, the Average Response Time is 0 ms, the
    Read Speed is 0 KB/s, and the Write Speed is 0 KB/s.

What I have tried so far:

• Disabling the Page file for C:.
    • Running System File Checker /SFC with administrative privileges.
    • Running Deployment Image Servicing and Management Tool (DISM)
    • Disabling several services: Windows Search and Superfetch.
    • Checked SMART status of SSD using Kingston SSD Toolbox.
    • Updated Windows using Windows Update.
    • Run Windows Troubleshooter - System Maintenance.

What do people recommend my next steps should be?

SuperCrazyJoel, Jul 14, 2020
  4. DonaldW Win User

A Problem with the Network Connection, 0 kb/s on download and upload at the same time.

Sudden large disparity between download & upload speeds.

(First post: Win 10 1809) Hello. I have encountered what seems to me to be a strange phenomenon: Recently upgraded to "1000 Mbps" fiber internet provider. Initial speeds for both download and upload speeds spread across the 900's, with upload speeds consistently a bit higher than download speeds. Yesterday one desktop seemed to have internet connectivity issues. I noted that the desktops Ethernet connection had for some reason adopted the name of one of our wireless routers: What had been "Network 2" was now "(SSID) 2".

This Dell XPS desktop (Win 10 Pro 64b, Version 1809) has both wired and wireless network connections, with the later used to connect to various peripherals. When I checked into Speedtest.net, Download speeds remained in the 900's, but upload speeds dropped below 50 Mbps. I went though various network troubleshooting steps and a number of restarts, this disparity persisted. Other than the lack of a name change to wired network connection, this disparity was also obtained on another desktop on the same network. However, speed checks on iOS tablet reveled no disparity whatsoever, suggesting that the phenomenon is limited to Windows machines.

Given my naive and limited understanding of Windows networking, I was hoping someone might help me to better understand the issue and, perhaps, suggest a fix.

DonaldW, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

1. A Problem with the Network Connection, 0 kb/s on download and upload at the same time. - Similar Threads - Problem Network Connection

2. The 0% Update/Download problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The 0% Update/Download problem: When I go to "Update & Security" in Settings and go to Windows Update, it says that the Updates are available, but the status of the features always stays at 0% and it won't update. The same thing with Microsoft store, when I try to Update or Download an app it always stays...
  3. The 0% Update/Download problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The 0% Update/Download problem: When I go to "Update & Security" in Settings and go to Windows Update, it says that the Updates are available, but the status of the features always stays at 0% and it won't update. The same thing with Microsoft store, when I try to Update or Download an app it always stays...
  4. The 0% Update/Download problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 - Active Time 0% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Active Time 0% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s: I have had my PC for a couple of months now and when I download anything whether it is a small file chrome or a big file PC game more than 50 GB the read always peaks at around 5 MB/s and write speed at about 20 MB/s, but for the most part it read 0 MB/s. As with the read and...
  6. Windows 10 - Active Time 0% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Active Time 0% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s: I have had my PC for a couple of months now and when I download anything whether it is a small file chrome or a big file PC game more than 50 GB the read always peaks at around 5 MB/s and write speed at about 20 MB/s, but for the most part it read 0 MB/s. As with the read and...
  7. Windows 10 - Active Time 0% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Is it possible to use download ETHERNET and upload WIFI at the same time through the Bridge...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to use download ETHERNET and upload WIFI at the same time through the Bridge...: Idea is to use my ethernet speed for download and my 4G wifi only for the upload at the same time with Windows 10 Bridge mode. Ty submitted by /u/Psebcool [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f0xbp3/is_it_possible_to_use_download_ethernet_and/
  9. Is it possible to connect to 2 networks at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to connect to 2 networks at the same time?: I'm currently using my cellular data hotspot via my phone and a filtered wifi connection that I'm bypassing with a VPN. The only issue, is that using a VPN on an already slow wifi connection, just completely spikes up my ping in the range of the 200s, making simple tasks like...
  10. same download 6 times

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    same download 6 times: [img] I checked my d/l on windows 10 and I had 6 successful downloads all were the same as you know the d/l on windows 10 is auto did anyone else have this 29805

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 wifi receive 0 kb

2. tablet connected to internet but 0 kb/sec