Windows 10: A problem with win 10 Pro desktop

Discus and support A problem with win 10 Pro desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is on a Gateway laptop model NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Pro 64 bit. I am on my Sony backup laptop because I clicked on something in the in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reble, Sep 24, 2020.

1. reble Win User

A problem with win 10 Pro desktop

This is on a Gateway laptop model NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Pro 64 bit. I am on my Sony backup laptop because I clicked on something in the in the notifications box on the right side of task bar to the right of the clock that has screwed up the Gateways desktop so bad that I can't make heads or tails of anything now. My Gateway desktop used to look very much like the 1st Dropbox link.

Dropbox - old desktop.jpg - Simplify your life

The next dropbox link is a screen capture of the current Gateway desktop.

Dropbox - win 10 desktop.jpg - Simplify your life

I don't know what I clicked on in the notifications box. And I don't know how to get the desktop back to the way it was or back to the default desktop. If I can get the desktop back to the default. Then I can re-fix it back up.

Steve

:)

reble, Sep 24, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Dave xxx Win User
    Sleep mode broken (Win 10 Pro x64)

In December I upgraded a desktop (Intel i7-3770K 16Gb/Gigabyte Technology &SSD) from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro, but since 12 January the computer will not wake from sleep mode (power button needed to reboot).

There were no problems with sleep mode under Win 7; there were 2 Windows updates on 12 January: Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 & Microsoft.YourPhone

The following steps have offered no improvement (Win 10 v 1909 18363.592):

i) Advanced Power Settings: PCI Express - change from 'Moderate Power Savings' to 'Off''
    ii) CMD (admin): powercfg -h off
    iii) Uninstalled Phone App: PowerShell (admin) Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.YourPhone* -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
    iv) Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool run - No errors detected
    v) Windows drivers appear up to date

Any suggestions for a remedy would be much appreciated.

Dave xxx, Sep 24, 2020
  4. A problem with win 10 Pro desktop

How do I get the key for win 10 pro?

Hi,

I upgraded from win 10 home edition to win 10 pro. I had to reformat my computer with the factory image restore. It installed the win 10 but I did not have key to upgrade to pro. I have the following information from my Microsoft account. How do I get the
    key for win 10 pro?

Here is my computer info where the win 10 pro got upgraded.

• DESKTOP-JP9JK4V
    • Dell Inc. XPS 8900
      • Serial #: 3R8F082

Thanks!

Syed Ahsan

Syed_Ahsan, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

A problem with win 10 Pro desktop

1. A problem with win 10 Pro desktop - Similar Threads - problem Pro desktop

2. Problems activating Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems activating Win 10 Pro: HiI built a machine and installed Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.I have my 25 character activation keyThat machine died, I built a new one.I entered the activation key when I installed Windows but I'm not activated.Version is Windows 10 Pro 22H2.I feel like I've been...
  3. Problems activating Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems activating Win 10 Pro: HiI built a machine and installed Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.I have my 25 character activation keyThat machine died, I built a new one.I entered the activation key when I installed Windows but I'm not activated.Version is Windows 10 Pro 22H2.I feel like I've been...
  4. A problem installing win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A problem installing win 10 pro: I am having a Win 10 Pro 64 bit install problem in a Toshiba Satellite model L455-S5000 laptop. I pulled out the 250gb SATA HD (loaded with Win 10 home) out of the Toshiba and installed a 500GB SATA HD. The 500GB HD has been wiped clean. The Win 10 Pro install starts ok and...
  5. Mouse and Desktop problem in Win 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse and Desktop problem in Win 10.: My mouse keeps spinning when i right click on desktop. I recently had to reset the PC to restore Windows and I kept all personal files. The version was 2004 and build 19041.508 When the PC finished setting up I right click the desktop to change the large icons to small ones....
  6. Win 10 PRO activation problem

Win 10 PRO activation problem: I have a digital license for win 10 home. I accidently upgraded to PRO during all the Microsoft free win 10 upgrades. I thought I was "updating". Now I can't activate PRO. Is there anything I can do? Can I download win 10 Home someplace? Thanks, Ed...
  7. Win 10 Pro activation problem

Win 10 Pro activation problem: My laptop was affected recently when a number of Win 10 Pro users started seeing a watermark telling them that their OS needed to be activated. After I discovered that the warning on my screen resulted from a Microsoft mistake, I figured Microsoft would fix it, but it’s been...
  8. Win 10 Pro desktop slideshow problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Pro desktop slideshow problems: Hello everyone! I am having problems with the desktop wallpaper function. I want the slideshow to cycle through the many sub folders of the picture library at random. However, the old Win 7 feature to select all sub folders is missing. I researched this on the 'net and found...
  9. Permission problems after migrating desktop in Win 10 Pro x64

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission problems after migrating desktop in Win 10 Pro x64: Hi there, So I thought it would be smart to keep my M.2 ssd system drive fairly clear and so migrated the location of desktop, documents, downloads etc to my D: drive. However a weird thing happens. All Microsoft progs, Office and windows native apps like notepad etc...
  10. Win 10 Pro Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Pro Desktop Icons: How can Microsoft be informed that its Customers are not pleased to have Windows Updates upset Desktop Icons, when Updating. I had a major Update yesterday ( 1703 OS Build 15063.296) and today I find all of my Desktop Icons (100) mixed up everywhere, which is not only...