Windows 10: a program deleted my boot manager on the laptop, how to proceed best (Windows 10)?

Discus and support a program deleted my boot manager on the laptop, how to proceed best (Windows 10)? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have taken the hard drive out, plugged it into another laptop and removed the program, how do I get the hard drive to work without losing my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stai345, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Stai345 Win User

a program deleted my boot manager on the laptop, how to proceed best (Windows 10)?

I have taken the hard drive out, plugged it into another laptop and removed the program, how do I get the hard drive to work without losing my settings?
    is it enough to just download the boot file somewhere?

With Windows 7 during a new installation the files were moved to the Windows.old folder, is it the same with WIndows 10?

:)

Stai345, Aug 3, 2020

2. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Aug 3, 2020
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Aug 3, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

a program deleted my boot manager on the laptop, how to proceed best (Windows 10)?

n-ster, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. a program deleted my boot manager on the laptop, how to proceed best (Windows 10)? - Similar Threads - program deleted boot

2. How to delete files that are open in Windows Boot Manager?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete files that are open in Windows Boot Manager?: So I was recently hacked after opening a discord rar file that was sent to me via MediaFire. After extracting it and opening the application and putting in a code my discord and google account were stolen. Thankfully I was able to recover them but now every time I start up my...
  3. How to delete files that are open in Windows Boot Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete files that are open in Windows Boot Manager?: So I was recently hacked after opening a discord rar file that was sent to me via MediaFire. After extracting it and opening the application and putting in a code my discord and google account were stolen. Thankfully I was able to recover them but now every time I start up my...
  4. How to delete files that are open in Windows Boot Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to proceed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to proceed: how do I change legacy to uefi boot mode for installing win 10? any other specs to be mentioned? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-proceed/cf9b7f85-5d8a-475f-a959-755f1b787e60
  6. How to delete a duplica sequence BOOT MANAGER?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete a duplica sequence BOOT MANAGER?: I want to remove the boots but without losing the information because I am going to reinstall windows, how I do it? 177609
  7. Best antivirus program for Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Best antivirus program for Windows 10?: I'm looking for the best antivirus program for Windows 10, and on the Internet there are numerous comparisons with always different results. Maybe someone can help me with this. Bestes Antivirenprogramm für Windows 10?
  8. Best windows manager for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best windows manager for Windows 10?: I'm looking to to replace my dual-display set-up with a single large 4K display. Window management is easy with multiple displays, but I have no experience with large displays and I foresee trouble. Windows 10 features some very basic window management tools (window snapping)...
  9. uninstall a program to proceed with Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uninstall a program to proceed with Windows 10 upgrade: I was doing an upgrade to 10, and got this message". Uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10. I cannot find this app in my programs. I used the search tool, and nothing. I tried to identify it by using the icon, but that didn't work either. How...
  10. Best laptop for programming

in Windows 10 Support
    Best laptop for programming: Actually my brother takes training of PHP language so he wanna buy a laptop . give me suggestion what is best laptop for programming. 59472