Windows 10: A program for reading highlighted text when shortcut key is pressed!?

Discus and support A program for reading highlighted text when shortcut key is pressed!? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can not find what I'm looking for on the internet so I'm asking again. I need a text-to-speech/read-aloud program that is free and will read the text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SolidIcecube, Mar 27, 2020.

1. A program for reading highlighted text when shortcut key is pressed!?

I can not find what I'm looking for on the internet so I'm asking again. I need a text-to-speech/read-aloud program that is free and will read the text I have highlighted anytime any program. Narrator is garbage and keeps reading every molecule of my screen aloud; everything Except the text I want it to read. I just want something simple that will run in the background and work when I need it to (like when i press a shortcut key combo) Much thanks for anyone who might be able to help

submitted by /u/SolidIcecube
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SolidIcecube, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Hellopaul Win User

Using the tab key to hop between text fields highlights all buttons

Hello,
    Whenever a dialog box pops up in Windows 10, if it contains text input fields and clickable buttons/radio buttons/checkboxes, pressing the tab key steps through every single item in the dialog box, which is very annoying and, to me, pointless. Do I recall that there might be a way to limit this behaviour so the tab key only highlights text input boxes, and not every single element? I can't find anything useful in Windows 10's Settings/Control Panel - am I missing something or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hellopaul, Mar 27, 2020
  3. NogtTL Win User
    Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here.

Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to

• loop though text suggestions
    • insert the text suggestion

NogtTL, Mar 27, 2020
  4. grecinos Win User

A program for reading highlighted text when shortcut key is pressed!?

Windows 10 shortcut key not working - Please help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a shortcut key for a program/script that turns off my monitor. I've confirmed that the small program is working by double clicking on it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to create a shortcut key for it. First I create a shortcut to the program, then I set a shortcut key, say "ctrl-shift-s". After applying the changes, clicking Ok, I try to use the shortcut by pressing the ctrl-shift-s key combination. When I do this, nothing happens. I've confirmed that shortcut keys works with other apps like the Command Prompt. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

A program for reading highlighted text when shortcut key is pressed!?

1. A program for reading highlighted text when shortcut key is pressed!? - Similar Threads - program reading highlighted

2. W key highlights text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W key highlights text: Simple one I can’t find an awnser to when ever I press the W key on my keyboard instead of typing W it left clicks it doesn’t happen with any other key besides w and the only way to make it work normally is if I hold down the FN key is there a way to revert it?...
  3. W key highlights text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W key highlights text: Simple one I can’t find an awnser to when ever I press the W key on my keyboard instead of typing W it left clicks it doesn’t happen with any other key besides w and the only way to make it work normally is if I hold down the FN key is there a way to revert it?...
  4. W key highlights text

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Highlighting Text is Opaque

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlighting Text is Opaque: Hi,So recently I have been having an issue; whenever I'm highlighting anything on the desktop or in Windows Explorer, it turns an opaque yellow. It was my accent color but I changed it, and even then it is still yellow. When its restarted, the highlight color goes back to...
  6. highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    highlighting text: i cannot highlight text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighting-text/4fb85490-8e25-4846-9b6e-63123bc04d65
  7. Highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Highlighting text: I want to highlight some text in an existing email so that I can copy it and reuse it. But the cursor has changed to a hand symbol - not the usual arrow - and it won't let me highlight. How can I restore it to the normal configuration?...
  8. In IDEs there shortcuts for text selection/manipulation and box highlighting. Is it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In IDEs there shortcuts for text selection/manipulation and box highlighting. Is it...: For example, in VSC, alt+click produces multiple cursors. Shift+alt, scroll produces box highlighting instead of wrap highlighting. submitted by /u/CockGoblinReturns [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fijmwc/in_ides_there_shortcuts_for_text/
  9. Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs: My problem is that pressing my media keys (volume up, down, play/pause, etc.) also does a certain function as of what another key does. Such as pressing the mute button would mute my PC, but would also "press" the D key. This probably doesn't make sense, but it does happen....
  10. Word Online - text disappears when highlighted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Word Online - text disappears when highlighted: When I dictate through Google Read & Write, and I select the text, it disappears. It does not do this when I type and then select text. It worked fine for a week and now I can't select anything that I dictate....so frustrated!!! I can't find anything onlin eo in the help...