Windows 10: a program has "m-f-c" icon preventing me from shut-down

Discus and support a program has "m-f-c" icon preventing me from shut-down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently I found my computer running slow ... Well... It may be totally irrelevant but I just spot a program which has a "m-f-c" icon preventing me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ying_51, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Ying_51 Win User

a program has "m-f-c" icon preventing me from shut-down

Recently I found my computer running slow ...

Well... It may be totally irrelevant but I just spot a program which has a "m-f-c" icon preventing me from shut-down. I don't know what is that and why it exists and why it prevents me shutting down my computer.

The program has no name and I was wondering if it was a bug...

:)

Ying_51, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Naki, Mar 8, 2019
  3. 米托 Win User
    unknown program preventing win 10 from shutting down

Windows 10 Professional 17134

For most of the time, I have this notice saying "the following programs are preventing system from shutting down", or some messages like that, when I try to shut down the system, and in the list, there is always a program with blank name and very general
    icon (literally a window, low resolution). I have no idea what program this is, I tried to find it in process, but there seems no such program. Is there a way to find what program this is? A log tool perhaps? Thank you.

米托, Mar 8, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

Toshiba Flash Cards Preventing Shut Down Windows 10 latest update

Hi David,

The app might be causing conflicts within the system, preventing it from shutting down. May we know if you have followed the steps marked as answers in this thread to disable the app from startup?

Also, since the app or program is from Toshiba, we recommend that you contact them for assistance with the program preventing your computer from shutting down.

If you are eager to uninstall the program, you may do so by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings
      > Apps.
    • Choose the program you want to remove, and then select Uninstall.

If you have other questions, feel free to ask us.

If you think this was useful, you may mark it as an answer to help those who are facing the same problem.

David Haz, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

1. a program has "m-f-c" icon preventing me from shut-down - Similar Threads - program has icon

2. Unknown program preventing my computer from shutting down Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown program preventing my computer from shutting down Windows 7: Hello,Description: Every night when I turn off my computer, an unnamed file prevents my computer from shutting down. I have tried everything I could to find the file. But since it is unnamed, the computer has no idea how to identify it. Note: In case you are wondering, I am...
  3. Unknown program preventing my computer from shutting down Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown program preventing my computer from shutting down Windows 7: Hello,Description: Every night when I turn off my computer, an unnamed file prevents my computer from shutting down. I have tried everything I could to find the file. But since it is unnamed, the computer has no idea how to identify it. Note: In case you are wondering, I am...
  4. Floatform ? Preventing Me From Shutting Down Windows 10 and my Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Floatform ? Preventing Me From Shutting Down Windows 10 and my Computer: I can't find anything on Floatform other than a couple of "reddit" posts below. How can I find it...how can I get it off my computer?"I went to shut down my windows 10 and it said that an app called FloatForm is preventing it from shutting down. I cant find it anywhere even...
  5. Program Manager preventing Windows 10 from shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Manager preventing Windows 10 from shutting down: Hi all. I have search wide and far to resolve this problem but unfortunately I haven't been able to solve this issue. When I go to shut down my pc Windows 10 informs me that Windows cannot shut down due to Program Manager preventing it from doing so. This problem started a...
  6. An application is preventing me from shutting down/restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    An application is preventing me from shutting down/restarting: [IMG]I just got this computer and every time I go to shut down or restart, an application/process is preventing it from shutting down automaticlly. It doesnt have an icon or a name. I have went through Task Manager, System Check, and Virus Scan and nothing seems to work![IMG]...
  7. Prevention from shutting down the laptop

Prevention from shutting down the laptop: I recently faced an issue regarding the prevention of the laptop from shutting down it said 'task host window preventing the pc from shutting down and then says to go back and save anything which was not saved' so instead of cancelling and checking why was the issue occurring...
  8. This app is preventing you from shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This app is preventing you from shut down: While I am restarting or shutting down my pc, this window comes up and stays for some second. The app name/icon which is preventing me from shutting down is not clear. What's the matter? Is it a virus? [ATTACH]...
  9. Program Manager is preventing shut down

Program Manager is preventing shut down: Hi,I have a company owned Laptop with windows 10 in it.Yesterday I ran few updates and since then qhile shutting down my laptop,I am getting the error "Program Manager is preventing shut down" with a cancel and shut down anyway button.Can anyone let me know why this happens?...
  10. unknown program preventing win 10 from shutting down

unknown program preventing win 10 from shutting down: Windows 10 Professional 17134 For most of the time, I have this notice saying "the following programs are preventing system from shutting down", or some messages like that, when I try to shut down the system, and in the list, there is always a program with blank name and...