Windows 10: A program I have cannot use it's FTP connection to automatically backup to it's server.

Discus and support A program I have cannot use it's FTP connection to automatically backup to it's server. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have made sure that it is allowed in Windows Defender and same in my ESET.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Annette Moore Lusero, Aug 29, 2019.

1. A program I have cannot use it's FTP connection to automatically backup to it's server.

I have made sure that it is allowed in Windows Defender and same in my ESET.

:)

Annette Moore Lusero, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Laurijan Win User

Good FTP-server program

Hi!

Does anybody have a suggestion for a good & simple FTP/SCP/SFTP server program. I now use a program called Home FTP Server (supporting onle FTP) but wasn´t able to change the server port from 21 to another number and thats why I wanna try something else.

Laurijan, Aug 29, 2019
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Disconnecting an FTP Server

Might want to look in your control panels Programs and Features list for an FTP server or client & also while there look under the 'Turn windows features on/off' at Internet info services.

'Mike P, Aug 29, 2019
  4. A program I have cannot use it's FTP connection to automatically backup to it's server.

Unable to establish an FTP connection

I have been unable to successfully make an FTP connection to a server using an FTP client in Windows 10. With FileZilla, I get the error message

"Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity

"Could not connect to server"

and with Cyberduck, I see

"Connection failed

"Connection timed out: connect. The connection attempt was rejected. The server may be down, or your network may not be properly configured."

The connection is to allow me to manage a website, and I have done it many times, including I think from this Windows 10 computer.

The Network Diagnostics in Cyberduck simply said:

"Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem"

I’ve done the following

• checked the Cyberduck and FileZilla settings and procedures against their help pages
    • contacted the webhost, who confirmed that there is no problem their end and I should have access
    • tested the connection for myself with www.net2ftp.com
    • contacted my broadband supplier, who confirmed that there are no issues with the router that may affect FTP
    • added Cyberduck and FileZilla to the exclusions in
      • Windows Defender
      • Malwarebytes
      • Windows Firewall
    I can’t think of anything else. Any suggestions?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

GiacomoJames, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

A program I have cannot use it's FTP connection to automatically backup to it's server.

1. A program I have cannot use it's FTP connection to automatically backup to it's server. - Similar Threads - program cannot FTP

2. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  3. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  4. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Help Hosting FTP Server

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Hosting FTP Server: Hello guys i wanted to host an FTP server on my windows 10 laptop so that i can access my files on my android phone,can some one really help me doing that? I saw some videos on youtube it wasnt helpfull as they were connecting other windows 10 pc not a mobile phone. Thanks...
  6. FTP Server External Connections & More

FTP Server External Connections & More: Question 1: Connect Externally. How do I let other people outside of my network, a totally different IP, join my FTP server, and read and write on it? Question 2: Creating a user for an FTP server. Is there a way to create an account for an FTP server. Because whenever I...
  7. Can't start FTP server Port in use or ??

Can't start FTP server Port in use or ??: I am very ashamed the knowledge I have of computers but seem be stumped on this one.. I have turned of my windows firewall completely and opened ports in my router. Why am I getting this? Do I need to force kill whatever is using it? image — ImgBB I opened ports on...
  8. Ftp server

Ftp server: Hello I was wondering if there is any app or a way that allow me to sharing files with computers that are not on my network. 112192
  9. Host FTP server on both

Host FTP server on both: I am thinking of making a dedicated FTP server to access files from anywhere, but on one computer it would be important that it still has access to the server, even when Internet connection is down. I know that I can connect the server PC to the PC that needs access with a...
  10. Unable to connect to Windows FTP Server

Unable to connect to Windows FTP Server: Hi all. I'm hoping somebody can point in the right direction, or walk me through steps to troubleshoot this issue. I set up an FTP server on a windows 10 desktop using the built-in Windows FTP service capabilities. Everything was working fine. Today I attempted to...