Windows 10: A Program in Start bar but not opening

Discus and support A Program in Start bar but not opening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Please take a look task bar there is a additional space before settings application How to remove that ?? This is happening after system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Uday Kiran Padhy, Feb 6, 2021.

1. A Program in Start bar but not opening

A Program in Start bar but not opening 6d30fb67-e9e2-4341-9702-ae905d041aa2?upload=true.png

Please take a look task bar there is a additional space before settings application How to remove that ??

This is happening after system restore for recent system restore point.

:)

Uday Kiran Padhy, Feb 6, 2021

2. Win 10 start bar not showing installed programs

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch with Microsoft Community.

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What exactly do you mean by "my start bar which I have tried opening powershell and measuring the start-up which is only 130 well under the 516 issue"?
    • What do you mean by "the start menu folder path doesn't reflect the actual start menu"?
    • Are you able to access Start Button?
    • Does the issue occur only with particular program?

I suggest you to check if the program is installed in Programs and features:

1. right click on the Start Button and select Control panel.

2. Now select Programs and features.

3. check if the program is listed.

4. If yes, right click on the program and select uninstall.

5. Now try reinstalling the program again and check if you are facing the same issue.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Cursus Win User
    Start Bar not working after update install in Windows 10

Hi, tried as you suggest. It starts and says Checking application registration... and the green progress bar just goes on and on (let it run for over two hours) and never gets to the next step. Any other suggestions?

Cursus, Feb 6, 2021
  4. dav46220 Win User

A Program in Start bar but not opening

Programs run minimized on task bar

First it was chrome then a week or so later Excel started doing it. The program open and they show on the task bar if you move the curser over them you can see that the program is open but you can not enlarge the small window the controls for enlarge and
    minimize do not show only an x to close. I do not know of any software changes unless there was an update for something.

I tried the steps you outlined and they had no effect.

Thanks for the help, any other suggestions? I am lost without my excel!

dav46220, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

A Program in Start bar but not opening

1. A Program in Start bar but not opening - Similar Threads - Program Start bar

2. Certain programs started not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain programs started not opening: As of a month or two, I would boot up a program only to execute It showed as open in the task manager, but there was no window. It would also allow me to boot up the same programs multiple times but without any window showing up still. Some of the programs that won't open...
  3. Certain programs started not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain programs started not opening: As of a month or two, I would boot up a program only to execute It showed as open in the task manager, but there was no window. It would also allow me to boot up the same programs multiple times but without any window showing up still. Some of the programs that won't open...
  4. Certain programs started not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Programs won't open from Task Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs won't open from Task Bar: I'm using an HP desktop, i7, 360GHz, 10MB mem, 1TB hdd, win 10.I I chose the wrong forum, please move and let me knowThis morning when I tried to open several internet links from the task bar I get the following warning:It seems to apply only to those associated with Edge. I...
  6. Programs opening, but will not maximize from the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs opening, but will not maximize from the Task Bar: I have been round and round with Microsoft. Whenever I plug in a second monitor my programs will not maximize. They are open on the taskbar, but I cannot open them to full size. Yes my computer is updated, spent all day today installing updates. Does anyone know what the...
  7. Windows won't open programs besides those in the start bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't open programs besides those in the start bar?: First time I've gotten an issue as unique as this. Windows doesn't seem to want to open any programs besides those I have in the start bar at the bottom of the screen. I've tried opening file explorer, right clicking shortcuts, but nothing seems to work. Any help? submitted...
  8. Task bar and Start Menu not opening

Task bar and Start Menu not opening: Hi I have a Windows 10. When I try to type anything in the Search box the screen freezes Until I open Task Manager, and none of the right bottom keys on the taskbar works. When I try to open the start menu- It opens and closes and leaves a black screen where it opened after...
  9. Program Open in Task Bar But not Visible on Screen

Program Open in Task Bar But not Visible on Screen: I usually use more than one monitor, but am travelling with just my laptop now. My computer is acting like there is still another monitor, but no other monitors are detected in settings. When I open a program, it shows open in the task bar, but is not showing on my screen. I...
  10. circles on task bar opening programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    circles on task bar opening programs: I have blinking circles on my task bar opening up programs and not allowing me to use my mouse to control anything. This is after Windows 10 update. Help Please!...