Windows 10: A program prevents "Turn off the display" after x minutes

Discus and support A program prevents "Turn off the display" after x minutes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Community, On my Surface Go with Windows 10 Home, a program Siemens - WinCC Runtime is preventing that the display is turned of after a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JF-DMX, Jul 31, 2020.

1. JF-DMX Win User

A program prevents "Turn off the display" after x minutes

Hello Community,

On my Surface Go with Windows 10 Home, a program Siemens - WinCC Runtime is preventing that the display is turned of after a few minutes. How can I prevent that a program can overrule the Windows setting to turn off the display? --> even if the program is running, the screen should be switched of after a few minutes.

:)

JF-DMX, Jul 31, 2020

2. Keep programs running whilst screen is turned off - MSBook

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I understand that you want the programs to be running with turned off display.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Left Pane select Choose when to turn off the display.
    • Select the Time to turn off the display. Click Save Changes.
    • Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

Let's start with the obvious, did you click 'Save changes'?

A program prevents "Turn off the display" after x minutes [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Swifty Win User

Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

I created my own Power plan, and set "Turn off display:" to 5 minutes.
    I went away for half an hour, and when I came back, the display is still on.

Any suggestions why this is not working?

Swifty, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. A program prevents "Turn off the display" after x minutes - Similar Threads - program prevents Turn

2. Windows 11 Update and turn off screen after X minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update and turn off screen after X minutes.: After the 2023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030219 was applied, the turn off my screen after x minutes setting is having some issues. Basically, the screen will turn off after the configured X minutes as expected. However, the...
  3. Windows 11 Update and turn off screen after X minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update and turn off screen after X minutes.: After the 2023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030219 was applied, the turn off my screen after x minutes setting is having some issues. Basically, the screen will turn off after the configured X minutes as expected. However, the...
  4. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES: My laptop display will turnoff after few min. Computer is up to date. The computer is running but after a few mintues display goes away. I do have 2 external monitors but i need my 3rd, Main Laptop Display As Well! I've been working & researching this for over a month! My...
  5. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES: My laptop display will turnoff after few min. Computer is up to date. The computer is running but after a few mintues display goes away. I do have 2 external monitors but i need my 3rd, Main Laptop Display As Well! I've been working & researching this for over a month! My...
  6. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Turn off secondary display after x amount of inactivity?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off secondary display after x amount of inactivity?: Hi there! Currently I have 2 display that I use for work in WFH and I would like for one of display to turn off if I’m not at the computer after 10 minutes but want the keep the other one ON forever. Is this achievable? Thanks! submitted by /u/Grapeflavor_ [link]...
  8. Issues with windows "turn off display after x minutes" feature (LG 34GP83A-B & 27GL850...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with windows "turn off display after x minutes" feature (LG 34GP83A-B & 27GL850...: Hello, I am using the monitors I mentioned in the title and just recently upgraded to them. With this setup, however, I am now unable to use the windows "turn off displays after x minutes" feature without a strange issue. Around a minute or two after the screens turn off...
  9. Keyboard prevents display from turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard prevents display from turning off: I use Microsoft comfort keyboard 5050. When I am trying to turn off my display,a few seconds later it turns on again. It is an ongoing issue problem. So I had to unplug the usb...
  10. Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Support
    Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity: Hello I have used this site before for help with my computer problems and it never failed, but now I can't find the answer, hope this thread helps I have had my pc for 5 years now, it always worked fine. GA-X79-UD7 I7-3930k GTX 770 Last week the monitor started...