Windows 10: A program use to access users PC

Discus and support A program use to access users PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I think program named Chrone browser (similar to Chrome, but use to install threat in PC) is suspicious program, Its installed automatically without my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Saurabh_Jadhav, Apr 28, 2019.

1. A program use to access users PC

I think program named Chrone browser (similar to Chrome, but use to install threat in PC) is suspicious program, Its installed automatically without my permission while I access web.

:)

Saurabh_Jadhav, Apr 28, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

A program use to access users PC

Can't access my home user account on Windows 10.

File Explorer may have encountered an issue due system conflict. To correct this, follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type in quick access and press Enter.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • On the General tab, make sure to set Open File Explorer to
      This PC.
    • Under Privacy, remove the check mark on Show recently used files in Quick access
      and Show frequently used folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    We also suggest that you follow these steps on how to Enable Built-in Administrator
    to access your files and perform the troubleshooting steps given by
    Pavan_N
    and BulldogXX. Follow the steps below to Enable Built-in Administrator:

The built-in elevated "Administrator account" is a local account that has full unrestricted access rights to the PC.

• Right click on the Windows icon, select Command Prompt.
    • A Command Prompt window will open.
    • Type in or copy and paste this command:
      • net user administrator /active:yes
    • Press Enter. Close the Command Prompt.
    • Sign out with your current account and try to sign in using Administrator.

Let us know if these troubleshooting steps worked.

Xylee Del, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

A program use to access users PC

1. A program use to access users PC - Similar Threads - program access users

2. access to programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    access to programs: I have windows 7 and recently I cannot open my Microsoft Wood or Xcel. The message on the screen says"cannot be opened, try again or go to Programs to fix". Nothing I try in programs is fixing it. I need to access these 2 programs to make reports for my High School reunion...
  3. access to programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    access to programs: I have windows 7 and recently I cannot open my Microsoft Wood or Xcel. The message on the screen says"cannot be opened, try again or go to Programs to fix". Nothing I try in programs is fixing it. I need to access these 2 programs to make reports for my High School reunion...
  4. Restrict Hide access to programs by user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restrict Hide access to programs by user: We recently installed several new Win10 computers one of which will be shared by several users. More a matter of limited space than anything else.There are a couple programs on the one unit we do NOT want other users to have access to, let alone see in the start menu or as a...
  5. Using a program window by multiple users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using a program window by multiple users: Hi I need something to share a cmd window with other users at realtime so they can use it with me Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-a-program-window-by-multiple-users/3bae5a6c-4d0e-4c6b-b45c-405c79ec1a3a
  6. File transfer using remote access programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File transfer using remote access programs: After the Sept windows update to my windows 10 computer none of the remote control programs will allow file transfers. I use Teamviewer, RDP, and Remote control. Anytime I try to initiate the file transfer it hangs trying to read the remote computer directory. I can go to...
  7. How to add an alt user account to my pc with no file access or programs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to add an alt user account to my pc with no file access or programs?: I'm trying to add another account to my pc that won't have access to my files or programs, as if it were an entirely separate computer. I'm trying to create some how-to setup videos on some stuff and I don't want to screw up all my personal programs and reinstall everything....
  8. adding user but only allowing to access certain programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    adding user but only allowing to access certain programs: It seems when I Bing this that there are ways but I'm not easily finding the answers. I want to allow a 2nd user on my computer but not give them access to all of my files or programs. Basically there are 3 programs they would need to use. One is Adobe and the other 2 are...
  9. Restrict program access and startup for second user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restrict program access and startup for second user?: Is there any easy way to restrict program access and startup for second user? I need to share my pc for a short time, and would want to restrict what programs show in startmenu and start at boot. Tried a new local account and new family member, but dont see any program...
  10. How to give access to a user to a program with administrator rights...

in Windows 10 Support
    How to give access to a user to a program with administrator rights...: ... with UAC prompt? (sorry this didn't fit the title space) When I search the internet I keep finding tutorials, some safe, others unsafe about giving administrator permissions to a user that is not an administrator. Unfortunately, all of those are also about suppressing...