Windows 10: A purchased game that wont work

Discus and support A purchased game that wont work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased an undetale game for my son, we try to open it and it wont open. a blue screen comes up saying there was an error. How can this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CHERYLDILLARD1, Nov 29, 2019.

1. A purchased game that wont work

Hello, I purchased an undetale game for my son, we try to open it and it wont open. a blue screen comes up saying there was an error.

How can this be fixed and if it cant, how can I get refunded?

Thank you!

:)

CHERYLDILLARD1, Nov 29, 2019

2. purchased game

Hi,

To install a game on you need to make sure that you sign in on your computer using the Microsoft account that you use to purchased the game. To install a game on Windows 10, you may follow the steps below:

• Using your Microsoft account, sign in to the PC where you want to install your games.
    • On the Start screen, select the Store icon.
    • In the Store, select Games from the menu.
    • Browse to and select the game you want to buy.

If you already own the game, you can install it on your PC. Otherwise, select Install to download and install the game.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 29, 2019
  3. games (in game purchases)

Hi James,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools.
    • Select Internet Options and go to Advanced
      tab
    • Uncheck Do not save encrypted pages to disk and click
      OK.
    • Now check if you are able to make the purchase.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Nov 29, 2019
  4. A purchased game that wont work

If I purchase action games directly from Antiflex mundi they works on my pc, but if I purchase the same games from the Microsoft store the games do not work.

Title:
    If I purchase action games directly from Antiflex mundi they works on my pc, but if I purchase the same games from the Microsoft store the games do not work.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you updated all the Windows Updates?

• Have you updated all the drivers?

• Are you getting any error messages?

• Items 1 and 2 were done with no change to the problem and there were not any error messages for 3.
    I suggest you to install the Game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install Game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the Game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the Game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

1. Game from the Microsoft store is save it on my local C drive.

2. Were do you find setup file of the driver
    and select “Properties?

3. Were is the “Compatibility” Tab
    on windows 10?

BrianShearer1946, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

A purchased game that wont work

1. A purchased game that wont work - Similar Threads - purchased game wont

2. purchased bloons td6 on windows 11 and game wont download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchased bloons td6 on windows 11 and game wont download: Purchased bloons td6 on windows 11 and game wont load. comp meets all requirements. need help! Inspect showed "no registered handler"?? help!?...
  3. purchased bloons td6 on windows 11 and game wont download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    purchased bloons td6 on windows 11 and game wont download: Purchased bloons td6 on windows 11 and game wont load. comp meets all requirements. need help! Inspect showed "no registered handler"?? help!?...
  4. My game wont install after I purchased it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My game wont install after I purchased it: I just purchased among us on my PC and it won't install the game. I have restarted both the Microsoft store and my PC itself. What should I do to get it to install?...
  5. in game purchases

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in game purchases: Iam not sure if this is the right forum for my question but I was having issues with my PC a few month ago where all my apps just stopped loading. I knew very little about how things work so in a blind panic I just tried lots of things such as back up and restore and probably...
  6. Game purchase

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game purchase: Hello I now know why I stayed away from online games for years! I thought I had purchased a game from Microsoft. There was even a nice little check mark in the corner to tell me that I now "own" this particular game. But now I can't find the bloody game in order to play...
  7. Purchased games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchased games: Hi. i bought games in my 1st PC. Is it possible for me install my purchased on my 2nd PC for free? If yes, how many computers i can do that? thank you Jay Jarito https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchased-games/737caaad-a421-40b2-996a-81d73e3d40bc
  8. game purchase download not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game purchase download not working: Minecraft game purchashed. Receipt in mail. Go to install on device and says my account has no linked devices. All my devices are linked to my account I purchased the game. Should be no issues....
  9. in game purchases

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in game purchases: After replacing my hard drive and reinstalling windows 10 and in store purchased games. the store shows my in game purchases but I am not able to reapply them in the game. Is this possible?...
  10. purchased game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchased game: I purchased a game from the Microsoft Store paid for the full game but it will not let me into the full game. I have phoned Microsoft Five times now and got passed from pillar to post with no success. The price of the game was £2-69 and I have spent four times that just...