Windows 10: A query about Edge

Discus and support A query about Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hi When I was using IE 11, I used to drag the URL of site I had open, and place it in my Favourites folder. I have now started using MS Edge, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by frenchman96, Oct 26, 2018.

1. A query about Edge

Hi

When I was using IE 11, I used to drag the URL of site I had open, and place it in my Favourites folder.

I have now started using MS Edge, and it does not allow me to do same.

Cant anyone advise please, its not helped by not having a menu bar.

:)

frenchman96, Oct 26, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 26, 2018
  3. microsoft edge

Hi Navid,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 26, 2018
  4. A query about Edge

Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved.

• Open Microsoft Edge browser home page.
    • Click on Customize on the Home page
    • Select the particular category to watch the specific suggestion.
    Also follow the below given steps and check if that answers your query.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More action(…) on left most corner.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Top sites and suggested content under Open New tabs with
    • Open new tab to check if it shows the Most visited website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

A query about Edge

1. A query about Edge - Similar Threads - query Edge

2. DaveM121 Independent Advisor Trying to reply to Query - System will not allow it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DaveM121 Independent Advisor Trying to reply to Query - System will not allow it.: I had a chat going:DaveM121 Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title and change Q to q Now the system will not allow me to reply....
  3. DaveM121 Independent Advisor Trying to reply to Query - System will not allow it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DaveM121 Independent Advisor Trying to reply to Query - System will not allow it.: I had a chat going:DaveM121 Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title and change Q to q Now the system will not allow me to reply....
  4. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”: Dear Microsoft Support,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I have encountered regarding my storage usage on my Asus laptop.Recently, I have noticed a significant increase in storage consumption attributed to "Other Users," which...
  5. Edge Favorites Query

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Query: Afternoon everyone. I've got a question that's not of real importance, but here goes. Is there a way to remove the 'remove duplicate favorites' from the favorites drop down menu? I don't want to remove favorites button, just the 'remove duplicate favorites' from the drop...
  6. edge chromium query

in Browsers and Email
    edge chromium query: After the win10 update yesterday I opened edge and it asked me if I wanted edge chromium. I bypassed it and just opened edge. However I have had a change of mind and would like to update to the chromium. How do I update to edge chromium now? Thanks in advance. 148506
  7. A query about Edge

in Browsers and Email
    A query about Edge: Hi When I was using IE 11, I used to drag the URL of site I had open, and place it in my Favourites folder. I have now started using MS Edge, and it does not allow me to do same. Cant anyone advise please, its not helped by not having a menu bar. 120500
  8. Query Edge settings

in Browsers and Email
    Query Edge settings: Simply I have set Edge to open with a specific site - my mail and the new tabs with top sites. However the opening page is just top sites no big deal as I have Outlook in top sites but would like to use that site for another site. So open = mail and new tab = top sites...
  9. Edge Query

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Query: I've just entered the 64 bit browser arena, with the recent installation of latest version of Waterfox. Based on marketing information, Edge has piqued my interest though, as it seems a well integrated product. No plug-ins to fret over as it's HTML5 compliant and a 64 bit...
  10. Query on Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Query on Edge Browser: I have been using Chrome and Firefox and out of interest I have trialled Edge. Now it seems to be a lot faster to come on line and I would like to know what everyone else thinks of this browser. The only thing I cannot find yet is how to import bookmarks from the other...