Windows 10: A Question about BitLocker to Go function

Discus and support A Question about BitLocker to Go function in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I'd like to encrypt my flash drive using BitLocker. I believe in order for me to access my files on another machine, it has to run Window of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SXNXW, Jan 6, 2020.

1. /u/SXNXW Win User

A Question about BitLocker to Go function

Hello. I'd like to encrypt my flash drive using BitLocker. I believe in order for me to access my files on another machine, it has to run Window of course and a version that supports BitLocker.

My flash drive is 32Gb. What else should I keep in mind before encrypting it? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your support.

submitted by /u/SXNXW
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SXNXW, Jan 6, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. A Question about BitLocker to Go function - Similar Threads - Question BitLocker function

2. Question about bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about bitlocker: Did Microsoft turn on bitlocker on personal laptops? I helped a student connect to eduoam by installing the eduroam cat client and she wanted to use outlook desktop app to connect to her school email. We had to reboot and bitlocker key came up. Luckily she registered her...
  3. Question about bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about bitlocker: Did Microsoft turn on bitlocker on personal laptops? I helped a student connect to eduoam by installing the eduroam cat client and she wanted to use outlook desktop app to connect to her school email. We had to reboot and bitlocker key came up. Luckily she registered her...
  4. Question about bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question

Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question: Hello, We currently are using SCCM to Encrypt OS, Fixed and Removable drives and all seems to be working as expected but did have one question and believe I already know the answer but wanted to still ask. "When encrypting Removable drives via Bitlocker To Go are users able...
  6. Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question: Hello, We currently are using SCCM to Encrypt OS, Fixed and Removable drives and all seems to be working as expected but did have one question and believe I already know the answer but wanted to still ask. "When encrypting Removable drives via Bitlocker To Go are users able...
  7. Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Some general questions about Bitlocker

Some general questions about Bitlocker: Today I was told I should look into Bitlocker so I'm trying to determine if it fits my needs and can be implemented without too much pain. I currently have a 20GB VeraCrypt "container" on a NAS drive. A script commands VeraCrypt to mount this as a specific drive letter (which...
  9. a question about going from win8.1 to win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a question about going from win8.1 to win10: tldr: im worried about losing my windows 8.1 key incase i dont like windows 10. so i have this computer running windows 8.1, what i want to do is upgrade it to windows 10 without upgrading the key to windows 10 (i think thats how it works) so that i can go back to windows...
  10. Quick question about fresh install and bitlocker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick question about fresh install and bitlocker: Hi everyone; I just did a fresh install to fix some bluetooth issues I was having. I did a completely fresh install that did not keep any of my old files or settings. Windows installed successfully, and I did log in to my microsoft account as I had planned. After the...