Windows 10: A question about controlling sizes of things...

Discus and support A question about controlling sizes of things... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings! Recently for some unknown reason, everything changed size as far as icons, text and app sizes. The overall text in my Mozilla Thunderbird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by graywoulf, Feb 22, 2021.

1. graywoulf Win User

A question about controlling sizes of things...

Greetings!

Recently for some unknown reason, everything changed size as far as icons, text and app sizes. The overall text in my Mozilla Thunderbird app got smaller. Everything in Photoshop changed. Where I had dark themes changed back to light themes but most of all the text sizes changed everywhere.

I have tried different settings in different places but it only works for some things and some things got worse.

It seems that there are so many ways to change things but I cannot make sense of what does what anymore so would somebody explain to me how to get these things back to normal.

Thanks.

:)

graywoulf, Feb 22, 2021

2. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 22, 2021
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. A question about controlling sizes of things... - Similar Threads - question controlling sizes

2. quick question about some things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    quick question about some things: So I'm a little worried to why Microsoft Store is running in task manager and why Mail and Microsoft Store are using GPU I know its not using any since it says zero % but just a little curious...
  3. Question about windows recovery partition size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about windows recovery partition size: I have a 512 ssd and the size of WinRE_DRV is 1gb. Is this too much or normal? submitted by /u/NiceSignal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jl7c0v/question_about_windows_recovery_partition_size/
  4. Question about Realtek Audio Controls EQ

Question about Realtek Audio Controls EQ: [ATTACH] So I have a preset here i use for my speakers, when my headphones are not plugged into the jack on the front of my pc. https://preview.redd.it/zpvhpyeke5451.png?width=850&format=png&auto=webp&s=c4b7f4b6fb9ee6ec1235c3e466ba68674a93fbad When I plug my headphones...
  5. Question about Xbox controller Bluetooth connectivity

Question about Xbox controller Bluetooth connectivity: I pared my Xbox controller with my PC via Bluetooth and it works, but after it is turn off is there any way of connecting it to my PC again without having to remove the pairing and paring it again? like at the moment after the initial connection is made there is no way to...
  6. Question about using an Xbox Controller on PC

Question about using an Xbox Controller on PC: Am i able to connect the Xbox One controller to my PC using the play and charge kit, as my regular Micro USB cables won’t connect anymore. submitted by /u/lucasthespur [link] [comments]...
  7. Question about the XB1 controller and Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about the XB1 controller and Windows 10.: Is there anyway to check the battery level? I didn't see anything in the game bar. This would be a really convenient feature. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/question-about-the-xb1-controller-and-windows-10/f739f6d0-51ff-47cb-9824-62ce72afb803
  8. Question about changing the storage location for different things

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about changing the storage location for different things: My question is in Windows 10 I know that you go to settings storage and select a different drive to store things on, you can even select things like documents, music, photos and select where you save them by default. When I click on the drop-down it gives me an option of all...
  9. Questions about sizing and arranging icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions about sizing and arranging icons: In the old days you could go to any folder and select Help and it would tell you "About Windows" and you could bring up the start menu, right click on My Computer, select Properties... (that's all just basic stuff about trying to figure out exactly what version...)Now I'm...
  10. Question about amd catalyst control center

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Question about amd catalyst control center: Hello After upgrading my laptop to window 10, i lost amd catalyst control center, i really need this app to switch between amd and intel GPU Manually any advice please 78954