Windows 10: A Question About Disk Activity

Discus and support A Question About Disk Activity in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone. Just a quick question. When I open the Task Manager and look at the disk graphic in the performance tab, I can see that my main disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cihank1, Apr 27, 2019.

1. cihank1 Win User

A Question About Disk Activity

Hey everyone. Just a quick question. When I open the Task Manager and look at the disk graphic in the performance tab, I can see that my main disk (which is an SSD) reads and writes every couple seconds even when I'm not running any programs. Is this normal? I know that Windows runs many of its own services in the background so I'm assuming this has something to do with that but I wanted to be sure. Thanks.

:)

cihank1, Apr 27, 2019

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue A Question About Disk Activity :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 27, 2019
  4. A Question About Disk Activity

DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

A Question About Disk Activity

1. A Question About Disk Activity - Similar Threads - Question Disk Activity

2. Question about kms activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about kms activation: Hello,I had Windows 10 unactivated for a long time and a few days ago I decided to find a way to activate it. I found this video that told me to use this code in cmd prompt:slmgr.vbs /ipk *****-*****-*****-*****-*****slmgr.vbs /skms kms.lotro.ccslmgr.vbs /atoSo I used it and...
  3. Question about kms activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about kms activation: Hello,I had Windows 10 unactivated for a long time and a few days ago I decided to find a way to activate it. I found this video that told me to use this code in cmd prompt:slmgr.vbs /ipk *****-*****-*****-*****-*****slmgr.vbs /skms kms.lotro.ccslmgr.vbs /atoSo I used it and...
  4. Question About Account Activity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question About Account Activity: I can't seem to find where to send this question to Microsoft. I keep going in documentation loops so I'll post it here: I got an email recently that said there was a request for a code to sign into my account and I don't remember making that request. It said something like...
  5. Question About Account Activity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question About Account Activity: I can't seem to find where to send this question to Microsoft. I keep going in documentation loops so I'll post it here: I got an email recently that said there was a request for a code to sign into my account and I don't remember making that request. It said something like...
  6. Question About Account Activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Question about activation keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about activation keys: Im about to finish buliding my first pc, and i was looking for a cheaper method of getting the keys (i don't want to pay 100$+) where should i get cheap keys from? And are those websites trusted and safe? Or is there a way to get free keys? submitted by /u/hot_dwag [link]...
  8. Question About Disk Activity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Question About Disk Activity: I am attaching a screenshot of my disk activity as shown in the Performance Monitor. In the picture, the blue and green represent disk activity either read or write. As it shown, the disk activity is high. My problem is that my RAM usage is only 33%. I can't understand why...
  9. Question about disk space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about disk space: I was notified that I'm running out of disk space, so I went to settings to clear it up. "Apps and features" is taking up 770 GB. I only have a few games installed on steam and a couple video and photo editing apps so how is this possible? I clicked on it and sorted by size...
  10. A Question About Disk Activity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A Question About Disk Activity: Hey everyone. Just a quick question. When I open the Task Manager and look at the disk graphic in the performance tab, I can see that my main disk (which is an SSD) reads and writes every couple seconds even when I'm not running any programs. Is this normal? I know that...