Windows 10: A question about "Maximum Memory" in msconfig

Discus and support A question about "Maximum Memory" in msconfig in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Home 64 bit with 8.00 GB ram. 6.93 GB is usable, but when I tick "Maximum Memory" it changes to "5.95 GB usable". Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ste338729, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Ste338729 Win User

A question about "Maximum Memory" in msconfig

Hi,

I'm on Windows 10 Home 64 bit with 8.00 GB ram.

6.93 GB is usable, but when I tick "Maximum Memory" it changes to "5.95 GB usable".

Does anybody know why?

The value for the setting is 0.

Thanks

:)

Ste338729, Jan 3, 2019

2. Windows 10, unchecked the maximum memory and maximum processors in MSCONFIG

(sorry for my bad english) From MSCONFIG, BOOT, advanced option, i have unchecked the maximum memory and processors then proceed to restarting which the system asks to do so. After that, i received error and the laptop wont open up.. It wont work also... Can anyone help. Thanks!

[ Found this photo on youtube ©]](https://i.stack.imgur.com/PlgYt.png)

Hendrik Santiaguel, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Msconfig - Maximum Boot Memory Setting defaulting to 0

Hi Aidan,

We found that the Maximum Memory defaulting back to 0 is normal behavior. Whatever value is shown in Maximum Memory, so long as Maximum Memory checkbox is not ticked, the system will still use the full amount of memory installed.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Patricia Yu, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Aidan Jee Win User

Msconfig - Maximum Boot Memory Setting defaulting to 0

Hi,

I have a Fujitisu Windows 10 PC with 16GB of RAM. I need to set the memory to 8192 in msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Maximum Memory. However, when I try to set it, as soon as you click 'OK' and go back into it, it has defaulted to 0 (even when using
    'Make Boot Settings Permanent').

I am able to set it to 2048 and below but 8192 will not stay as the setting. If you put in other amounts it will change the number to a seemingly arbitrary figure (e.g 8000 > 3904) but the setting will stay. I try 8192 again and no success.

I have tried using the command line truncate memory command which does change the available memory, but changing it in this manner is then not reflected in msconfig, which is required for the software to interface with the hardware.

How am I able to get the 8192 value to set? This is required for some very specific hardware and the supplier says it is an OS issue.

Thanks in advance.

Aidan

***Post has been moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Aidan Jee, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. A question about "Maximum Memory" in msconfig - Similar Threads - question Maximum Memory

2. getting a bsod after setting maximum memory on msconfig

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    getting a bsod after setting maximum memory on msconfig: Hello. I want to ask something related to the RAM installed on my computer. There is 8GB of RAM installed but only 5.95GB can be used. Then I watched a video on YouTube to solve the "useable RAM" and there is one way, namely by clicking maximum memory and set it to maximum....
  3. getting a bsod after setting maximum memory on msconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting a bsod after setting maximum memory on msconfig: Hello. I want to ask something related to the RAM installed on my computer. There is 8GB of RAM installed but only 5.95GB can be used. Then I watched a video on YouTube to solve the "useable RAM" and there is one way, namely by clicking maximum memory and set it to maximum....
  4. getting a bsod after setting maximum memory on msconfig

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. silly question about windows memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    silly question about windows memory: The other day my computer told me I was low on memory. I checked C: drive and it was like 100MB free. I rebooted and there were 10GB free. Then I used Firefox for awhile and it was down to 100MB free. I'm not downloading anything. Why does the harddrive disk space get used up...
  6. Msconfig maximum memory

Msconfig maximum memory: Hello when i checked the maximum performance and restarted my pc it doesn't work anymore i did this because of the unused memory thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig-maximum-memory/0f06bdb0-e8ae-47a1-a2da-634cd360dbdd
  7. How to reset "msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Maximum Memory" through...

How to reset "msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Maximum Memory" through...: Hi Team, I have set max memory to 256 MB only where as default was 1 GB, I applied settings and restarted device. now laptop starts with a very slow speed it takes hours to show the login page. Yesterday i kept the laptop on for 24+ hours then it showed login page, i am not...
  8. Question about "Virtual Memory"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about "Virtual Memory": I have two drives. C is an SSD and D is an HDD. If I manually set the "Virtual Memory" to page file on C only, and I ran a RAM intensive program installed on D, would the program make use of the virtual memory that I allocated on C? submitted by /u/CEDoromal [link]...
  9. Questions about M.2 Memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Questions about M.2 Memory: Hi I'm investigating what M.2 memory is all about and what is involved in getting it up and running. I've already learnt a lot in just browsing various websites that explain what it is. At present though, my husband seems to be having problems running Trainz on his PC and...
  10. maximum memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    maximum memory: Why won't maximum memory save settings in boot advanced options. I tried with it checked and without. I clicked on "make all boot settings permanent. Apply and hit ok, when I go back into it nothing was saved or changed. Please help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msconfig maximum memory regedit

2. maximum use advanced memory and maximum memory in advanced option in lenovo thinkpad laptop

3. win10 msconfig maximum memory

4. lenovo maximum msconfig maximum memory cant start,
  5. msconfig maximum memory,
  6. msconfig boot advance options 0 maximum memory,
  7. Maximum Memory msconfig checkbox