Windows 10: a question about partitions

Discus and support a question about partitions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] I would like 2 know if its possible to some how reclaim the unallocated space and merge it back with C: windows drive... I know disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by icpwolverine, Aug 24, 2015.

1. a question about partitions

a question about partitions [​IMG]

I would like 2 know if its possible to some how reclaim the unallocated space and merge it back with C: windows drive...
    I know disk management wont allow it because the unallocated space isn't adjacent to the main partition...

the 2 smaller recovery partitions was put on after I upgraded to 8.1 pro then windows 10 each upgrade put a recovery partition in between windows and unallocated space (removed hp recovery)...

I tried EaseUS it wouldn't let me either all I could do was format unallocated space then merge with the adjacent partition which isn't what I want to do...

can some one out there that knows how to do this kinda stuff help me out.... thanks

:)

icpwolverine, Aug 24, 2015

2. OEM Pre-installed Software after Reset PC and OEM Partition after Upgrade

Hi,

I got some question about Windows 10.

The first question:

Inside the Disk Management, I saw Recovery Partition, OEM Partition
    and EFI System Partition.

I heard there was the OEM pre-installed softwares inside the
    OEM Partition.

Is that true??

The second question:

I know that Windows 10 will create its own Recovery Partition and the Windows 7/8.1 Recovery Partition will be inoperable.

How about OEM Partition??

The third question:

I know there's two ways to do a clean install.

Using Reset PC or recovery media that we downloaded/created.

If I use Reset PC option, the time when it reinstall Windows 10 will
    same as Windows 7/8.1 (reinstall OEM pre-installed software together) or
    not (just the system softwares/windows softwares)??

I searched Microsoft Community but all the topic is about Recovery Partition.

Sorry about my English XD

Thank all for helping.

Lee Jia Hui, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Rudolfos0 Win User
    Will "Reset this PC" option in a computer with a primary drive (C) and a secondary drive (D) erase the file ONLY in drive C OR drive C and D?

you didn't answer his question about partitions.(no one is answering questions directly here, just some pointless information) are they going to be deleted all of them or only C partition is going to be reset? I have the same problem my C disk is currently
    in RAW file system and I have a backup partition D so how can i reset only C partition?

Rudolfos0, Aug 24, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

a question about partitions

Download: Bootable Partition Manger | MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable Edition
    Use: Rufus - Create bootable USB and create a Bootable USB.

• Boot up the PC using the Bootable USB
    • Right click on the Recovery Partition next to the unallocated 23.29GB ->Move/Resize and drag it to the end.
    • Do again for the next partition so that the unallocated partition is right after C: Drive.
    • Click OK then click Apply on the top left to commit the change.
    • Reboot the PC
    • Open Disk Management, right click on C: then select Extend Volume.

topgundcp, Aug 24, 2015
  5. ill try but being that those are recovery partitions the Microsoft installed how do I get the functionality of reset and recovery for windows 10 plus the advance boot options fixed if that what those partitions are for

6. topgundcp Win User
    The partition scheme will not change after you merge the unallocated 23.29GB with C: so you'll be OK.

topgundcp, Aug 24, 2015
  7. i tried the partition thing wouldn't boot its for Linux based systems

8. topgundcp Win User

No, it should boot. Depending how fast your PC is, it might take a while to boot but definitely it'll boot. How did you create the bootable USB, using Rufus ?

EDIT: Is your Windows OS installed using UEFI ? if so, there are 2 options from boot menu, you need to select the one with a prefix of UEFI-USB....

topgundcp, Aug 24, 2015
  9. AddRAM Win User
    Do you want or need those Recovery partitions, they look like duplicates and you have a recovery partition at the beginning of the drive.

If you don`t need them, delete em, then add all the unallocated space to C.

AddRAM, Aug 24, 2015
  10. Kanata Win User
    I have used NST 20 (Network Security Toolkit) Linux live disk containing the partition tool 'gparted' to move multiple partitions on a Windows computer with a lot of success, even when there are several adjacent logical drives that Windows partition manager cannot do. As usual, make sure you have a good backup of your data beforehand. Their web site contains a good getting started guide. I will add that I have not tried it on Win 10 yet.

Kanata, Aug 24, 2015
  11. the hp recovery partition at beginning of drive is the boot section for the partition I deleted which is the unallocated space

one of the other recovery partitions is from windows 10 upgrade the other is from where I upgraded to 8.1 pro prior to 10
    still haven't been able to get the thing you suggested to boot... I do have a uefi secure boot system .... maybe that's the reason I need to disable the secure boot...

sorry it took me so long to get back ... I drive a truck for a living just now got to where I can rest and deal with laptop

icpwolverine, Aug 25, 2015
  12. a question about partitions [​IMG]

instead of using the partition program iso I went to the website for it and downloaded the program for windows
    was able to clean up the partitions including removing the 1st hp recovery partition... but to be fair I went ahead and removed the recovery partitions the upgrades put on... then did an inplace upgrade of 10 using a usb drive ... thanks for the suggestion ...
    my hard drive partitions don't look so sloppy now

icpwolverine, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. a question about partitions - Similar Threads - question partitions

2. a random partition appeared with a question mark

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    a random partition appeared with a question mark: im using windows 10 lately i have a random partition that appeared in my pc with a blue question mark it is unaccessible and all partition i have are named and functioning properlyand also my pc start doing disk repair every time i launch the pc i didnt find any solution i...
  3. a random partition appeared with a question mark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a random partition appeared with a question mark: im using windows 10 lately i have a random partition that appeared in my pc with a blue question mark it is unaccessible and all partition i have are named and functioning properlyand also my pc start doing disk repair every time i launch the pc i didnt find any solution i...
  4. a random partition appeared with a question mark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My question is can I create a partition from my C drive and migrate my OS to it so I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My question is can I create a partition from my C drive and migrate my OS to it so I can...: I accidentally changed my C drive to dynamic disk. My laptop is newly formatted so I won't have problems deleting the volume of C drive to partition it. I want to revert it back to basic so I won't have problem formatting my device when needed. But without any clear guides I...
  6. My question is can I create a partition from my C drive and migrate my OS to it so I can...

My question is can I create a partition from my C drive and migrate my OS to it so I can...: I accidentally changed my C drive to dynamic disk. My laptop is newly formatted so I won't have problems deleting the volume of C drive to partition it. I want to revert it back to basic so I won't have problem formatting my device when needed. But without any clear guides I...
  7. My question is can I create a partition from my C drive and migrate my OS to it so I can...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My question is can I create a partition from my C drive and migrate my OS to it so I can...: I accidentally changed my C drive to dynamic disk. My laptop is newly formatted so I won't have problems deleting the volume of C drive to partition it....
  8. Osama Ali Question on How to Rename /Renumber partitions Aomei VS windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Osama Ali Question on How to Rename /Renumber partitions Aomei VS windows: It's best to use all Aomei tools. Use Aomei Backupper 6,8 not 6.9 to create a new WINPE environment called Aomei Recovery using tools menu. Partition Master 9.8 and you can still get Onekey Recovery 1.6.2 Free. Unless You Pay you can purchase the latest versions. Aomei writes...
  9. Osama Ali Question on How to Rename /Renumber partitions Aomei VS windows

Osama Ali Question on How to Rename /Renumber partitions Aomei VS windows: It's best to use all Aomei tools. Use Aomei Backupper 6,8 not 6.9 to create a new WINPE environment called Aomei Recovery using tools menu. Partition Master 9.8 and you can still get Onekey Recovery 1.6.2 Free. Unless You Pay you can purchase the latest versions. Aomei writes...
  10. Osama Ali Question on How to Rename /Renumber partitions Aomei VS windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade