Windows 10: A question about parts coming in from China

Discus and support A question about parts coming in from China in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was searching for a 2nd 4g of DDR3 RAM Memory for my laptop. I spotted what I though was a good deal on an eBay ad. I went and payed for it without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reble, Apr 7, 2020.

1. reble Win User

A question about parts coming in from China

I was searching for a 2nd 4g of DDR3 RAM Memory for my laptop. I spotted what I though was a good deal on an eBay ad. I went and payed for it without checking as to where it is coming from. It is to late to cancel the sale. the RAM Memory is coming from Shenzhen, China. I have had a long standing policy (long before this coronavirus got started) of not to buy anything on eBay that is been shipped from outside the USA, specially from China, I got stung a few times on over seas sales.
    I have a spray bottle full of 91% isopropyl alcohol. I normally use it to deep clean with a q-tip the optical lens on an optical drives, cd players, dvd player/recorders, the rollers and the heads on vcr's. It works very well for that. My question is, will the isopropyl alcohol damage the RAM Memory if I spray it on the RAM when it finely arrives? I am not one of those "woe is me worry warts, the sky is falling" but I am concern.

Steve

:)

reble, Apr 7, 2020

2. Office Apps in China

My job has me in China for the next two years. Since 95% of my time will be in China, I was thinking about buying a Chinese mobile phone. Now here come the questions:

1. Can I install Office mobile apps on a Chinese phone (APKs)?
    2. Will I still be able to access my Office 365 account?
    Thanks in advance!

DougieTheDealer, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Can't Update Zune in China.

Thanks Marc,

I created a new WLID account and it works even though I changed the Region to China. I will figure out what is wrong with my old account.

Now, I can see the step 2 "Your Account Info" page. But China is not in the country list... Could you verify?

thanks,

andreas

Andreas Cui, Apr 7, 2020
  4. A question about parts coming in from China

Cannot Download China Map for Windows Maps

I have a Lumia 950 XL with latest generally available Windows 10 Mobile. I have downloaded and updated a number of offline maps for the Microsoft / Windows 10 Offline Maps app, but when I try and download a China map (Beijing & Guangdong Provinces), China
    does not appear in the Asia list (or any other list).

I did have these installed until recently (some problems with updating the maps) but now they are the only ones I can't find to download.

Have the China maps been withdrawn or is there some other problem and if so, can anyone offer a suggestion on how to find the China maps?

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide.

D-Ralph-HK, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

A question about parts coming in from China

1. A question about parts coming in from China - Similar Threads - question parts coming

2. is the update of version 11 come in parts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is the update of version 11 come in parts?: hi win11 did 3 update of version 11 22H2 so far, but i didn't see any changes. for example no copilot .is it coming in several updates?i am attaching the update history that i did up to now.thank you...
  3. is the update of version 11 come in parts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is the update of version 11 come in parts?: hi win11 did 3 update of version 11 22H2 so far, but i didn't see any changes. for example no copilot .is it coming in several updates?i am attaching the update history that i did up to now.thank you...
  4. Question about Windows coming from a previous MacOS user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Windows coming from a previous MacOS user: Very simple question, basically on MacOS when I'm in something like Google Chrome and I click on "chose a file" on a webpage (non specific), MacOS will pop up a window where I can manually search for the intended file, there is though a workaround to this where you simply...
  5. a question about going from win8.1 to win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a question about going from win8.1 to win10: tldr: im worried about losing my windows 8.1 key incase i dont like windows 10. so i have this computer running windows 8.1, what i want to do is upgrade it to windows 10 without upgrading the key to windows 10 (i think thats how it works) so that i can go back to windows...
  6. Questions about reinstalling Windows from a USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about reinstalling Windows from a USB: Split from this thread. Hello once again! I have a questions about reinstalling Windows from a USB. I have many partitions that I want to wipe to start clean I have saved all of my personal data to an external hard drive already. How can I get Windows to specifically...
  7. Question about booting from NVMe drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about booting from NVMe drive: I have a brand new Ryzen 2700X system with an X470 motherboard and I bought my first NVMe drive to go with it. My plan is to use it as my boot drive, and I am cloning my current boot drive to it. My question is do I need to do anything specific to get the NVMe drive to boot?...
  8. Questions about replacing corrupt Ram & other parts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Questions about replacing corrupt Ram & other parts: Hi guys, After getting random BSOD (SEE THIS THREAD) and spending hours trying to diagnose the issue, I took out one of the two Ballistix memory chips and bingo! My PC booted up instantly without any hitches. Since I'm now only left with 4 GB and the PC is running a tad...
  9. Questions about replacing corrupt Ram & other parts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about replacing corrupt Ram & other parts: Hi guys, After getting random BSOD (SEE THIS THREAD) and spending hours trying to diagnose the issue, I took out one of the two Ballistix memory chips and bingo! My PC booted up instantly without any hitches. Since I'm now only left with 4 GB and the PC is running a tad...
  10. Question about Apps from store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Apps from store.: If I download and install free App thats not normally with Win 10 Pro 1703 from store to test if I like it, will it install like any other program, and can I easily uninstall it like before with other programs, or will it be difficult to remove cleanly-? 94155