Windows 10: a question about ssds

Discus and support a question about ssds in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i want to know that will my ssds suddenly fail or be unable to write, i got a laptop which is only has two m.2 nvme slots and i also added second ssd,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Berkeyzc1, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Berkeyzc1 Win User

a question about ssds

i want to know that will my ssds suddenly fail or be unable to write, i got a laptop which is only has two m.2 nvme slots and i also added second ssd, so should i worry about unexpectable failure after a long time having written files on it or it can give signals of upcoming failure, tbw limit such as making itself slower or less responsive. i am afraid of an abrupt fail result in being not able to boot pc.

:)

Berkeyzc1, Nov 27, 2022
  2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile a question about ssds :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Nov 27, 2022
  3. EarthDog Win User
    ssd question

+1 for dig's suggestions...

and please do not do #1 of what Arel said... you do NOT defragment SSD's!!!!!!!!!!

EarthDog, Nov 27, 2022
  4. Dalkamyr Win User

a question about ssds

BitFenix Prodigy Case - tips

3 questions for you fellas:

• What kind of PSU would I need for a gt720+i5+hdd+ssd? I was thinking 400w should be plenty, right?
    • What kind of cool blue lighting would you suggest for that case? I got the one with a big window (the case is shown in my profile picture)

Dalkamyr, Nov 27, 2022
Thema:

a question about ssds

1. a question about ssds - Similar Threads - question ssds

2. Question about the authenticator app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about the authenticator app: Is there a way to only use microsoft authenticator only after I have been inactive or logged out or turn it off? It gets in the way of business and work hours when it gets busy and I need to stop everything to authenticate once again. It is unacceptable in my opinion and also...
  3. Question about the authenticator app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about the authenticator app: Is there a way to only use microsoft authenticator only after I have been inactive or logged out or turn it off? It gets in the way of business and work hours when it gets busy and I need to stop everything to authenticate once again. It is unacceptable in my opinion and also...
  4. Question about the authenticator app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I don't even know how to ask this question...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't even know how to ask this question...: I have an Hp Envy 360 that I am using. Windows 10 is installed, and I was not having any problems at all and then about 2 weeks ago I all f a sudden can't connect to the internet according to the messages that pop up whenever I try to log on to a Microsoft account through the...
  6. I don't even know how to ask this question...

I don't even know how to ask this question...: I have an Hp Envy 360 that I am using. Windows 10 is installed, and I was not having any problems at all and then about 2 weeks ago I all f a sudden can't connect to the internet according to the messages that pop up whenever I try to log on to a Microsoft account through the...
  7. I don't even know how to ask this question...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. To answer your question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To answer your question: When I try to log into the administrator portal. I get a message that says Personal accounts aren't allowed. But I will try scrolling down to the bottom of the page on the Azure portal....
  9. To answer your question

To answer your question: When I try to log into the administrator portal. I get a message that says Personal accounts aren't allowed. But I will try scrolling down to the bottom of the page on the Azure portal....
  10. a question about ssds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a question about ssds: i want to know that will my ssds suddenly fail or be unable to write, i got a laptop which is only has two m.2 nvme slots and i also added second ssd, so should i worry about unexpectable failure after a long time having written files on it or it can give signals of upcoming...