Windows 10: A question about the Windows UAC

Discus and support A question about the Windows UAC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't remember when and where I read it, but somehow I have in my mind the idea that UAC would "learn" which applications the user runs most of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paultx, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Paultx Win User

A question about the Windows UAC

I can't remember when and where I read it, but somehow I have in my mind the idea that UAC would "learn" which applications the user runs most of the time and then it would stop to pop up for them. Is this true? TIA.

Windows 10 Pro 1903 (18362.10024)

:)

Paultx, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 UAC problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to disable the UAC-(Select the bar as shown in the below screen shot) and check with the issue. To open User account control settings, follow the steps:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type User account control settings.

A question about the Windows UAC 3bad81a6-0885-4c42-b10d-9c53d2f543f7.png

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 31, 2019
  3. UAC not allowing software activation

Once again the so called support engineer did not even read the entire thread before posting yet another solution that did not do any good.

However, I was able to solve my situation without your help after all. My original question was how do I turn off UAC. the method suggested in this thread only turns the notifications for UAC off not the UAC itself. In order to turn off UAC completely,
    I went into the registry and turned it off there. After doing this, everything installed perfectly.

Here is a link to read about turning off UAC:

How to turn off and disable UAC in Windows 10

DISCLAMER: Making edits to the registry is EXTREMELY dangerous and could cause damage to your computer. Consult a trained professional with any questions.

DuckJammerCCC, Oct 31, 2019
  4. A question about the Windows UAC

Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

A question about the Windows UAC

1. A question about the Windows UAC - Similar Threads - question UAC

2. A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11: I don't plan to upgrade right now but I now inevitably I'll have to, and I have a specific question that's been on my mind in regards to the shift. I'm on Windows 10 Pro so I assume the upgrade will automatically bring me to Windows 11 Pro, and not HomeI read somewhere, and...
  3. A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11: I don't plan to upgrade right now but I now inevitably I'll have to, and I have a specific question that's been on my mind in regards to the shift. I'm on Windows 10 Pro so I assume the upgrade will automatically bring me to Windows 11 Pro, and not HomeI read somewhere, and...
  4. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft one drive question: Microsoft one drive is not, connected. Rather than input a pin I opt to go to other and input my password. When I click on other the one drive just keeps on running and does not go to the next screen to let me input my password....
  5. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft one drive question: Microsoft one drive is not, connected. Rather than input a pin I opt to go to other and input my password. When I click on other the one drive just keeps on running and does not go to the next screen to let me input my password....
  6. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. UAC Elevation Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    UAC Elevation Question: Is it possible to place a specific executable outside the UAC prompt, as a trusted program? I installed a PC game but when I try to launch it, it launches a UAC prompt....
  8. A question about the Windows UAC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A question about the Windows UAC: I can't remember when and where I read it, but somehow I have in my mind the idea that UAC would "learn" which applications the user runs most of the time and then it would stop to pop up for them. Is this true? TIA. Windows 10 Pro 1903 (18362.10024) 143570
  9. Security question about UAC and Admin aprroval mode

Security question about UAC and Admin aprroval mode: Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, I use an Administrator account with UAC in default. I was reading about Admin Approval and noticed that it is disabled. Should this be enabled? I noticed when it mentions this Admin Approval it says "Built-In" Administrator and I'm wondering...
  10. UAC prompt question

UAC prompt question: Found it - The dimming of your desktop is referred to as the secure desktop because other programs can't run while it's dimmed. User Account Control - MDSN Denis