Windows 10: A Question about updating Windows 10 edu process

Discus and support A Question about updating Windows 10 edu process in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am in the process of updating Windows 10 edu from WIndows 8.1. But there is a huge problem in the process. It stops at 46% while upgrading o/s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Moon-woo, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Moon-woo Win User

A Question about updating Windows 10 edu process

Hi,

I am in the process of updating Windows 10 edu from WIndows 8.1.

But there is a huge problem in the process.

It stops at 46% while upgrading o/s and the process couldn't go on.

Rebooting and re-start doesn't work and I am waiting this process for hours...

Please give me the answer to break through this process.

Best wishes

:)

Moon-woo, Jun 7, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 7, 2019
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

1. A Question about updating Windows 10 edu process - Similar Threads - Question updating edu

2. Question about the updates that windows 10 made

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about the updates that windows 10 made: I am currently on 20h2 version that happened to install few updates as of today,after a long intentional delay of the updates. It finally forced an update; sneaking on the machine, So after the restart, it started the update the windows. Upon checking the update history, it...
  3. about the updation process

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    about the updation process: from last 10 days i am not able to remove malicious virus from my computer, whenever i go scanning i found a lot but the windows defender woulnt take any action on it so i got a pressure why the windows removing the virus . so tell me the exact convinient way to solve this...
  4. Question about overriding MoUSOCoreWorker Process

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about overriding MoUSOCoreWorker Process: Hi. By now many of us know how to override the MoUSOCoreWorker Process by the powercfg /requestsoverride process MoUsoCoreWorker.exe execution command so the computer will sleep normally. What I can't find is if doing that causes any issues with Windows Updates downloads or...
  5. Question about updating windows 10 version.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about updating windows 10 version.: What happens if I update my windows 10 to the latest version? Is it equivalent to a fresh windows 10 installation? (But files will not be deleted). The reason I'm asking is because I've been having this "Class not registered" error when opening literally any apps on my...
  6. Question about two processes in task manager

Question about two processes in task manager: Updated Windows 10 awhile, and while scrolling through my task manager to end several resource intensive processes, I found two processes I've never seen before and would like to know if these are indeed legitimate, or if they might be a virus of some kind or if it may cause...
  7. Question about update

Question about update: I am a non- insider and I installed .113 build from uupdump.. I checked for updates to get onto .116 build but I got KB4497936. Did anyone else get this update? Why didn't I get the .116 update? 132936
  8. Question about the System process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about the System process: I see a lot people talking about memory leaks with this, mine never goes that high except when I game it'll jump up higher than the game itself sometimes. Just curious is this the case for everyone? 15019
  9. About Windows Defender Update Process

About Windows Defender Update Process: Hi there, I'm a low bandwidth internet user, hence I disabled Windows 10 updates and presently I'm using Windows Defender as Anti-Virus. So my query is whether I get auto updates for windows Defender, if I disable windows 10 updates? Are they delivered through same channel ?...
  10. Question about updates

Question about updates: I installed Win 10 Home which is build 10240. After installing some updates, it's still showing v. 10240 while Microsoft has released build 10565. Do I have to do a re-install to get the latest fixes and features? 26756