Windows 10: A question about using older windows shells...

Discus and support A question about using older windows shells... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, Classic shell gets old after a while, and after testing Cairo and disliking it I thought "I wonder if I can take all the shell files for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NTekNiklaus, Aug 23, 2019.

1. A question about using older windows shells...

Hi all,

Classic shell gets old after a while, and after testing Cairo and disliking it I thought "I wonder if I can take all the shell files for explorer and stuff on an older version from and use them on Windows 10."

So here's my question: If I were to take all the shell files, like explorer and stuff from an older windows version (to make windows 10 look exactly like the older version), and put them on the 10 installation, would that be possible?

:)

NTekNiklaus, Aug 23, 2019

2. Shell experience not running in Windows 10

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Does that mean the Start menu Cortana and the Task bar is not responding?

• Which is the current build installed on the computer?

• Did you install any third party security application?

• Where exactly did you find that the shell experience not running?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Hope the information helps. Please get back to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Windows Shell Experience Host using 35 to 55% of CPU usage on Windows 10

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about CPU utilization by Windows Shell Experience Host, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to end the process from Task Manager and check.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together to open
      Task Manager

• Go to Processes tab, right-click on the Windows Shell Experience Host process and click
      End Process.

Step 2: Boot the computer in to Safe mode with networking and if the CPU usage is same.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 23, 2019
  4. A question about using older windows shells...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

A question about using older windows shells...

1. A question about using older windows shells... - Similar Threads - question using older

2. Some Windows 10 users about to be force upgraded if they use older versions

in Windows 10 News
    Some Windows 10 users about to be force upgraded if they use older versions: Starting December 2020, Microsoft will begin force upgrading some people to Windows 10 version 1909 or version 2004 if they don’t update their PC manually. The move comes after Microsoft announced that it’s ending support for Windows 10 version 1903, including Windows 10 Home...
  3. Question about using Edgeium

in Browsers and Email
    Question about using Edgeium: I've downloaded the Stable version of Edgeium and have to admit, I'm really starting to like it -- unlike the Old Edge. I'd like to consider using it to replace Opera -- as I'm running into problems with that -- but I don't want my browsing tracked and I don't want my...
  4. Question about using an Xbox Controller on PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about using an Xbox Controller on PC: Am i able to connect the Xbox One controller to my PC using the play and charge kit, as my regular Micro USB cables won’t connect anymore. submitted by /u/lucasthespur [link] [comments]...
  5. Question about using the trackpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about using the trackpad: On my windows 10 laptop, when I use the trackpad, sometimes the mouse click does not register. If I click on something, nothing happens. If I then move the mouse using the trackpad, only then does the click register and the action is performed. Is there a way to disable this,...
  6. Question about using Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about using Macrium Reflect: Hi. I'll be making a system image using Macrium Reflect for the first time. I will backup the Windows (C) Drive, Windows RE Tools and the EFI System Partitions. I'd like to know if I should also backup the Recovery Drive (D). Thanks in advance for any replies. Note that I did...
  7. Question about HDCP when using splitter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about HDCP when using splitter: Hello guys, i am new to this forum and glad to be here. I am using an HDMI splitter on a desktop (running windows 10) in order to have 2 HDMI outputs, 1 for the display and 1 for a capture card. I know that there is the copyright protocol HDCP that prevents users from...
  8. Question about using "sfc" command

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Question about using "sfc" command: I've noticed several comments about using "sfc". When entering the command prompt, you are in the Windows\system32 directory. Do you run "sfc" from there or do you close that directory and run from the C: prompt? 47495
  9. Interesting question here about bricking older hdd's :/

in Windows 10 Support
    Interesting question here about bricking older hdd's :/: Very weird discussion going on here I thought I would share in case someone has the same issue, build 9879 bricking drives!!!! - Microsoft Community http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-9873672e4e6d 3026
  10. question about using a boot usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    question about using a boot usb: Hi, I recently did a windows update and now the pc wont boot up but just goes into the repair mode. I have tried all options to no avail. I have made a boot usb as I hoped to be able to just boot into windows with that. There seems to be only 2 options . Repair ( which just...